Alas proof Davos was right (Potential Book Spoilers)

So hang on let me get this straight...Melisandre claims that had she been on the blackwater she could have stopped the Wildfire (far hotter and more powerful than regular flames) and yet cannot stop a few of Ramsay's fires in the depths of the start of the coldest winter in 8,000 years. Davos was right, Stannis didn't need to take her, the battle of the blackwater would have ended the same way.

Yes, I was expecting her to take control of the fires and put them out...unless she *wanted* the supplies to burn so Stannis would be forced to sacrifice Shireen. Maybe Mel started the fires in the first place. If not, I'd like to find out how Ramsay and his elite arsonists managed to slip past the sentries and coordinate so effectively, and if applicable, how they managed to leave no oh-so-trackable footprints in all that snow.

Yes, I was expecting her to take control of the fires and put them out...unless she *wanted* the supplies to burn so Stannis would be forced to sacrifice Shireen. Maybe Mel started the fires in the first place. If not, I'd like to find out how Ramsay and his elite arsonists managed to slip past the sentries and coordinate so effectively, and if applicable, how they managed to leave no oh-so-trackable footprints in all that snow.

This I'd buy. She's been itching to burn Shireen for a while, plus it seems really odd that with all her fire-gazing she didn't see the fires coming.

Would love it if Ramsey shows up in ep 10 and says "who already burnt this down?"

As much as I hate Ramsey this would be hilarious.

I believe that even if she could stop the fires she would not, she was just searching for a reason to burn Shireen.

So hang on let me get this straight...Melisandre claims that had she been on the blackwater she could have stopped the Wildfire (far hotter and more powerful than regular flames) and yet cannot stop a few of Ramsay's fires in the depths of the start of the coldest winter in 8,000 years. Davos was right, Stannis didn't need to take her, the battle of the blackwater would have ended the same way.

I doubt she would have wanted to. Shes been wanting a reason to burn Shireen and this was it.

Plus youre giving the writers way to much credit. If they cant remember that Stannis burnt 7 False WOODEN Idols, theyre not going to remember the Blackwater.

Archived