"What happens with the Sand Snakes is…extreme. Very extreme" - Jessica Henwick

Nutteralex

Well, the thing is that they could have just cut Dorne entirely if there was really no story there. The two main plots book Dorne revolves around (QM and Faegon) aren't there, so... why have it at all? The inclusion of Dorne wasn't something that was "given" to them after all, it was a choice.

Assuming there's not some very specific reason why Dorne absolutely needed to be introduced in season 5 for something that will happen in 6-7 (which seems really unlikely), then it'd have been a much better choice to just cut Dorne and say they cut it because they did the math and decided that they can't afford the large amount of screentime needed to make it work well.

So, I don't really think it's a case of having to attempt something difficult and failing.

i heard D & D said the only reason they even included Dorne was to appease the book readers, and that they apparently didn't want to include it originally.

idk how true that is though, but considering the whole storyline was a waste of time besides getting Jaime away from King's Landing so Cersei can have her plot, give Bronn something to do to entertain show watchers, and also kill myrcella.

the whole storyline was terribly written and the one fight scene was terribly choreographed

What do you think of D&D now? :stillsick:

I have no special love for Stannis. And I was not expecting to see him living to The End, because of kinslaying. I believe it is a capital crime, and it will be also for Tyrion. But I was expecting to see him longer. Because he would have been an interesting contender for Daenerys and whoever still hold KL. Now, I have to believe (in the show at least) his purpose is done and Jon will be revealed as Azor Ahai Reborn early next book / season. BTW, we don't see Stannis dead body. But I don't see why Brienne would not kill him, because she said the words Ned used before beheading someone.

To have the resolution of Winterfell battle is definitely a spoiler for me. I'm still wondering if it is a deviation from the books.

A bit worse for Myrcella. Of course she must die because of Maggy's prophecy. But IMO, the context is wrong and I believe something important should happen to her in the books. But I was not expecting it in the show anyway. So, no spoiler for me, as it seems a deviation. All Dorne had been lame, and Myrcella's death by Ellaria is probably the worst of it.

For Jon's death. Well, there were people arguing about dead or not dead. And if dead, resurrection or not. I strongly believe he dies and is resurrected, but not by Melisandre, not by Bloodraven+Bran, not a zombie, not a undead. But something more like superman. I suppose the show clearly state he is dead. So it confirms the beginning of my expectations. But definitely a spoiler for many.

Not that I believe it, either for books or show, but Stannis death could be the sacrifice to revive Jon.

Only Jon's death and the Walk of Shame were to my expectations.

Archived