"What happens with the Sand Snakes is…extreme. Very extreme" - Jessica Henwick

Nutteralex

Even if everyone except Jaime and Bronn dies brutally in Dorne, it would still be an anticlimactic snore-fest and ultimately meaningless development. Does anyone give a crap about any of these characters?

D&D: "What iz a 'character'? I are confoosed."

I doubt they'll kill Myrcella off. They've only just recast her and she's hardly had any screentime. Also with no Aegon she'd key to the Dornish having influence in KL.

If anything it will be Jaime who get's a surprise death.

That seems unlikely, he's a popular character and they're somewhat in need of popular characters. They kinda dumb, so they might kill Bronn, also popular, or Mycella, not popular, or the actress was exaggerating and it's a big fight where Mycella gets injured but nobody dies.

This thought does not quite fit the prophecy of Maggie the Frog when speaking to young Ceresei.....I went back and watched Season 1 episode 2. At Winter fell, Catlyn was sitting beside unconscious Bran. Ceresi walks in and shares a humbling moment with Catlyn. She tells of the loss of her first son who died of fever. She said he was like a little bird, thus an infant I think and he looked like Bran. She said " they" took him away and she never say him again.

Died? Or, was this actually Gendrey? Maybe Cersei may of fibbed a bit with the story as maybe she sent away Roberts son as she only loved Jamie, wanting only his children.

Like I said, this does not " fit" Maggie's prophecy.....

I just think Gendrey will be back with much more storyline. He can forge Valerian steel. Learned from Mott. Also, this apprenticeship was paid by a mysterious Lord....hmmmm.

I doubt they'll kill Myrcella off. They've only just recast her and she's hardly had any screentime. Also with no Aegon she'd key to the Dornish having influence in KL.

If anything it will be Jaime who get's a surprise death.

"The US author has hinted that even those who read his A Song of Ice and Fire novel series will be surprised by the TV storyline, with not one, not two, but four characters set to meet their makers." source: https://ca.newshub.org/game-thrones-season-5-george-rr-martin-warns-fans-their-toes-shock-deaths-11834398.html

1.Mance 2.Barristan 3.Shireen 4.Hizdar

Jaime and other major characters still alive in the books are safe. The non-book killcount has been reached, unless GRRM can't do arithmetic.

"The US author has hinted that even those who read his A Song of Ice and Fire novel series will be surprised by the TV storyline, with not one, not two, but four characters set to meet their makers." source: https://ca.newshub.org/game-thrones-season-5-george-rr-martin-warns-fans-their-toes-shock-deaths-11834398.html

Jaime and other major characters still alive in the books are safe. The non-book killcount has been reached, unless GRRM can't do arithmetic.

Is Hizdhar confirmed dead? Hadn't seen that yet.

There's no direct quote from GRRM saying that in that article, so I'm a bit skeptical about it. In fact I can't find any quote about it on the internet, so I'm going to assume it's nonsense.

I think it's unlikely that no-one will die in the Battle for Winterfell.

There's no direct quote from GRRM saying that in that article, so I'm a bit skeptical about it. In fact I can't find any quote about it on the internet, so I'm going to assume it's nonsense.

I think it's unlikely that no-one will die in the Battle for Winterfell.

It's your right to be skeptical, but I've seen this same thing said in many other sources as well. It's paraphrasing an interview with him, so it's at least very close to what GRRM said. It's also worth noting that the exact thing said there over 4 months ago has been exactly what has happened in the show so far assuming that no major non-book deaths happen in EP10. That gives it A LOT of credibility. The number of deaths is 100% right.

And who said that the Battle of Winterfell will happen this season? We only have about 60 minutes of show left. We'll see the start of the siege plus maybe a clash with Ramsay's 20 men. I'm sure that many people die in Battle of Winterfell, but that's in the first episodes of the next season.

It's your right to be skeptical, but I've seen this same thing said in many other sources as well. It's paraphrasing an interview with him, so it's at least very close to what GRRM said.

And who said that the Battle of Winterfell will happen this season? We only have about 60 minutes of show left. We'll see the start of the siege plus maybe a clash with Ramsay's 20 men. I'm sure that many people die in Battle of Winterfell, but that's in the first episodes of the next season.

But none of those sources have a quote from GRRM about four deaths happening that aren't in the books. They all just have one quote - “People are going to die who don’t die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy.” If you can find a reliable source saying otherwise it would be much appreciated.

And in the promo for 5x10 we see Stannis and his army charging into battle so it's a reasonable guess that the battle for Winterfell will take place.

They would have to crown her first and then kill her.

"Gold shall be their crowns, and gold their shrouds."

HA! As if Ding&Dong actually care about the level of accuracy. Remember how in Season 1 Cersei mentioned 1 black haired son that died? Well Maggy's prophecy only said she has 3 children instead of 4. Just one more example of the D&D continuity errors

And in the promo for 5x10 we see Stannis and his army charging into battle so it's a reasonable guess that the battle for Winterfell will take place.

He says "the siege begins" in the promo, falling 100% in line with what I said about the actual battle being next season and we'll just see the start of the siege in EP10. Think about how many stories need to be wrapped up in EP10. NO WAY is there time for the full Battle of Winterfell unless they've dumbed it down into like a duel between Ramsay and Stannis.

HA! As if Ding&Dong actually care about the level of accuracy. Remember how in Season 1 Cersei mentioned 1 black haired son that died? Well Maggy's prophecy only said she has 3 children instead of 4. Just one more example of the D&D continuity errors

It can be very, very easily inferred that she meant children who would live passed infancy. In those days, many children died in infancy, but I'm sure they didn't really "count".

I don't think we should take the "four characters" comment too seriously. After all, we all expect Meryn to die next episode, right? I'd bet the final count is six, with those five and then one other somewhere at Winterfell or Dorne.

Even if everyone except Jaime and Bronn dies brutally in Dorne, it would still be an anticlimactic snore-fest and ultimately meaningless development. Does anyone give a crap about any of these characters?

I DON'T. I have been given no reason to feel differently. If one survives, I pick Doran.

It can be very, very easily inferred that she meant children who would live passed infancy. In those days, many children died in infancy, but I'm sure they didn't really "count".

I too used to be a D&D apologist until halfway through this season. You can argue that "gold will be their crowns" can refer to a princess' golden crown, and kill Myrcella off in the season finale.

Archived