Are you guys think that Stannis lose the battle of winterfell? (Spoiler)

On February 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Snows Queen said:

I said more likable and relatable.  I did not say better.  I do not think he is better, personally, I like BookStannis much more than the show version.  The average male would relate more to a man who wants to have sex with a sexy woman than a man who has no interest in sex.  Just because he is more relatable does not mean he is better.

I don't think that's really true. 

Show Stannis comes off more inhuman and like a machine almost. He had one human moment with Shireen compared to the several his book counterpart had.

He was also "pussy-whipped" compared to book Stannis who could still say no to her without any outside influence. 

In in fact the the show producers believed their Stannis was a religious extremist and likened him to the Taliban. 

8 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I don't think that's really true. 

Show Stannis comes off more inhuman and like a machine almost. He had one human moment with Shireen compared to the several his book counterpart had.

He was also "pussy-whipped" compared to book Stannis who could still say no to her without any outside influence. 

In in fact the the show producers believed their Stannis was a religious extremist and likened him to the Taliban. 

I agree. Stannis may be having sex with Mel in the books as well, but he would still go about it in a stannis way, and wouldn't fawn over Mel like he does in the show. In the books stannis is clearly melisandre's master, he listens to her from time to time but he disagrees with her just as much because he thinks and decides for himself. In the show stannis is waiting for Mel's next command and the one time he disagreed with her was made irrelevant the next episode.

16 hours ago, Stag_legion said:

Its good to finally see Dillane talk a little about his character, even if very briefly. Thanks for posting this.

Of course Weiss ruins it though

Archived