Are you guys think that Stannis lose the battle of winterfell? (Spoiler)

But it doesn't make any sense with sample chapter of winds of winter.

Fake Arya and reek escaped and sent to castle black, infighting between Frey and Manderly. So Bolton's army must came out from winterfell. Because of escape of fake Arya, Stannis's northern armies are willing to fight, and Manderly probably(almost 100%) betray Bolton in the middle of battle. The spy of bolton, Karstarks been arrested.

It doesn't have any reason that Stannis going to lose the battle unless white walkers or dragons suddenly attack Stannis's army

Just because things looks like they will go in one direction or another does not mean that they will. Plenty of battles and wars have been won by the untipped side, and its not like we're reading predictable one-in-a-dozen fantasy. Could well be that the North will be thrown into even more chaos just as the White Walkers descends on them.

I hope Stannis gets smashed and then Roose can kill Ramsay, I hope. Can't say that I like the Boltons very much but I feel that Roose is better in the North than Stannis for the sake of House Lannister and King Tommen.

i was really surprised with how it turned out in the show. im pretty sure everyone has taken it for granted that somehow stannis would overthrow the boltons and keep his arc going. having a day to think it over though, the shows interpretation does kind of make sense for stannis' character. whether hes done the 'right' thing (his history prior to agot) or done things his way (the asoiaf series by using mel, blood magic, burning people ect), he tends to get the shit end of the stick in the end regardless. hes a modern day tragic hero who had good intentions at the start but his decisions to repeatedly burn people alive and alienate allies became his undoing. well have to wait and see how martin tells the story, but i cant imagine a scenario where he wins the north in the books but gets beaten so decisively in the show.

No, he still has to confront Dany, as seen in her vision. His death would also mean the whole North is basically screwed, making everything pointless. D and D are just idiots who used their jobs to write fan fiction shitting all over characters they don't like (Stannis most notably, but also Sansa and Jaime).

No, he still has to confront Dany, as seen in her vision. His death would also mean the whole North is basically screwed, making everything pointless. D and D are just idiots who used their jobs to write fan fiction shitting all over characters they don't like (Stannis most notably, but also Sansa and Jaime).

I agree with you. One of the best military general in the novel who deny the existence of god became Fnatic and stupid Warlord. Little bird who stay at East safely is raping by psycho pass.

i was really surprised with how it turned out in the show. im pretty sure everyone has taken it for granted that somehow stannis would overthrow the boltons and keep his arc going. having a day to think it over though, the shows interpretation does kind of make sense for stannis' character. whether hes done the 'right' thing (his history prior to agot) or done things his way (the asoiaf series by using mel, blood magic, burning people ect), he tends to get the shit end of the stick in the end regardless. hes a modern day tragic hero who had good intentions at the start but his decisions to repeatedly burn people alive and alienate allies became his undoing. well have to wait and see how martin tells the story, but i cant imagine a scenario where he wins the north in the books but gets beaten so decisively in the show.

Stop mentioning show as argument. Show is illogical shit with tons of scenarist favoritism for Ramsay.

Show Stannis was destined to win and only Chuck Norris power granted to Ramsay and Roose allowed them to prevail.

And Battle on Ice, which Stannis wil definitely win is not battle for Winterfell. I actually doubt that it will be. Stannis will kite Roose all over the north until he will be brought down by northerners.

Stop mentioning show as argument. Show is illogical shit with tons of scenarist favoritism for Ramsay.

Show Stannis was destined to win and only Chuck Norris power granted to Ramsay and Roose allowed them to prevail.

And Battle on Ice, which Stannis wil definitely win is not battle for Winterfell. I actually doubt that it will be. Stannis will kite Roose all over the north until he will be brought down by northerners.

originally the topic tied into the show so i answered about the show and the books. people complained about spoilers for those who havent seen the episode and it was changed around.

What happened in the fifth season cannot be used like a parameter, they changed almost everything. Stannis arc was completely disabled and his defeat was a way to cut characters in the series in a arc little attractive to the audience.

I bet Stannis will win the coming battle, take Winterfell and gain the support of the northern houses.

I don't think it is likely that Stannis will lose the Battle of Ice.

He has all the advantages, a bigger army, sellswords etc. The Bolton's are divided, the Manderly's will defect as the battle starts IMO. A lot of northern houses have declared for Stannis.

The show is different to the books. They just wanted to get rid of Stannis, and the battle was a good way to do so.

Stannis will win. In the books he's actually competent and Ramsay isn't a batman/superman hybrid. His downfall in the show is also impossible. I'm actually more convinced he'll win after watching, strange as it seems.

His story will come to a head against the Others IMO, he will be the first major player they eliminate along with his army.

yeah the show surprised me... where did they get all that bloody cavalry from? The north backing stannis on the proviso a stark is put back in charge seemed to be a major turning point in the book but apparently not. that being said he isn't dead yet...

I don't think it is likely that Stannis will lose the Battle of Ice.

He has all the advantages,

No he has not. For starters the Boltons have the more secure location and more supplies. They are the two biggest advantages in the North at this time.

a bigger army,

Nope. The Boltons have around 2,000 more.

sellswords etc.

The Sellswords have yet to be hired. They may never be hired, but if they are it will be long after the Battle of Ice has finished.

The Bolton's are divided,

Not really. They both have the same agenda. They are no more divided than the Rhollor worshippers and Old God worshippers with Stannis.

the Manderly's will defect as the battle starts IMO.

That is only 300. And in the chaos of war that is more of a suicide defection.

A lot of northern houses have declared for Stannis.

More have have declared for the Boltons.

The show is different to the books. They just wanted to get rid of Stannis, and the battle was a good way to do so.

Possibly.

But it's also possible that Stannis meets his end in the Battle of Winterfell, like both the show and the Pink letter in the book suggests.

No he has not. For starters the Boltons have the more secure location and more supplies. They are the two biggest advantages in the North at this time.

Nope. The Boltons have around 2,000 more.

The Sellswords have yet to be hired. They may never be hired, but if they are it will be long after the Battle of Ice has finished.

Not really. They both have the same agenda. They are no more divided than the Rhollor worshippers and Old God worshippers with Stannis.

That is only 300. And in the chaos of war that is more of a suicide defection.

More have have declared for the Boltons.

Possibly.

But it's also possible that Stannis meets his end in the Battle of Winterfell, like both the show and the Pink letter in the book suggests.

You're mixing up the battle of Ice with the battle of Winterfell, Stannis will almost certainly win the battle of Ice, which will be his ~5,000 vs 1,400-2,000 Freys, with the Manderlys acting as a wildcard.

Whether Stannis will be able to use this victory to take Winterfell and kill Roose and Ramsay is up for debate, but the Battle of Ice has been analysed and written about so much (with virtually the same conclusions reached every time) that it is about most 'confirmed' part of TWOW that there is.

Just because things looks like they will go in one direction or another does not mean that they will. Plenty of battles and wars have been won by the untipped side, and its not like we're reading predictable one-in-a-dozen fantasy. Could well be that the North will be thrown into even more chaos just as the White Walkers descends on them.

I hope Stannis gets smashed and then Roose can kill Ramsay, I hope. Can't say that I like the Boltons very much but I feel that Roose is better in the North than Stannis for the sake of House Lannister and King Tommen.

I thought you liked Stannis?

Archived