(Spoilers) Jimmy Rustling End-Game Prediction

xi samoset ix

(Show, kinda book-side) You know, Mel will potentially have access to kingsblood again via Jon, Stannis, and arguably Selyse. I mean, finding or communicating with Thoros couldnt be -too- hard, could it?

actually I think it's near impossible. He is half a continent away from her and it's winter. And you think he "teaches" her Resurrection 101 or what? And what happens w/Jon's body in the meanwhile? Just keeps on rotting (this is usually where the infamous ice-cells come into play). No Sir, if at all, she "simply" gives him the kiss of life, boosted by the Shireen sacrifice and her "losing faith"-experience analogous to Thoros.

Her looking for Thoros is utterly pointless from a storytelling point of view in the show.

1) Sorry, maybe I'm stupid but I don't really see how there being only ONE valonquar leads to Tyrion being a Targaryen (Tyrion being Targ by itself is rather fanboy IMO, no offense)

2) I actually expect only a fraction of the prophecies to be true, since GRRM made statements in various interviews that he likes playing w/such things.

Because "the" implies there is only one little brother. If it was a little brother, it could be either Jamie or Tyrion. Since we know Jamie and Cersei are twins, if it is the little brother, that leaves Tyrion being something else. Since Tyrion is younger than Cercei, it plays to the theory that Tyrion is not a Lannister. There are rumor and theories that Tyrion is actually a Targaryen and not a Lannister which would fit the prophecy as it is written.

And GRRM has already said that some people have figured out the end already, so I wouldn't put it past him to do a lot of misdirection to confuse readers who may already solved some of the story lines.

actually I think it's near impossible. He is half a continent away from her and it's winter. And you think he "teaches" her Resurrection 101 or what? And what happens w/Jon's body in the meanwhile? Just keeps on rotting (this is usually where the infamous ice-cells come into play). No Sir, if at all, she "simply" gives him the kiss of life, boosted by the Shireen sacrifice and her "losing faith"-experience analogous to Thoros.

Her looking for Thoros is utterly pointless from a storytelling point of view in the show.

Hmm. Yeah I can see this. Pretty sure that the traitors will try and hide killing Jon (maybe they will fail at burning him, first, if he's a Targ?), and have his body stowed in the ice cells. Melisandre may get nosy, looking for Jon, and maybe we will get an awkward scene where shes like "how do I even" over his cold, dead body, resulting in either her demise, or her bringing him back a-la Thoros prayer.

• 2 weeks later...

You are making interesting observations consistently. Maybe losing face is sth like a necessary condition for developing the resurrection skill. Maybe this is how the Lord of Light shows you that he is real.

Just saw this Ben. Was on holz over the holiday weekend. Thank you, this is very kind - and backatcha!

As much as I would love to see them in romantic relationship...this kinda of ending is just no-no. In a Disney version(happy,fairytale) yes Jon will end up with Dany and rulling together on Iron Throne. Not in this one. Their romance will be short,passionate...but tragic. Probably thisrelationship will result in their son or daughter.

I agree, but I honestly don't think that they will end up together at all. Dany is far too politically concerned with the virtue of marriage, and marrying some emo dude form the Night's Watch won't sit well with her. She's very skeptical of new people she brings into her circle thanks to Jorah, but I do think that Jon will find her somehow and their relationship will exist as a platonic thing. 

It is possible that they will get together at some point, but as you said, it would be very fairytale-esque for GRRM. D&D might and probably will take it in a different direction if this situation arises in the show because having a Dany and Jon sex scene would make for some good ass television. But it's unlikely that Jon will find her at all. I'm getting ahead of myself... he has to come back from the dead first.

There is also the possibility of Azor Ahai being fulfilled completely. One of my predictions is that in order to reinforce his sword, Jon kills Dany but with her permission because she know's he's a Targaryen and she is doing her duty of getting a Targaryen back on the throne. I'm kind of thinking out loud at this point but bottom line is: I don't think they will be romantically involved at all, but I agree that if they are it will totally end in tragedy. One of them will end up dead before the Iron Throne is secured. 

Now, keep in mind that these theories are only a possibility if Jon comes back and if R+L=J is actually pursued by GRRM and/or D&D. That has to be a revealed first, and then we can continue drawing Dany+Jon fan art.

I agree, but I honestly don't think that they will end up together at all. Dany is far too politically concerned with the virtue of marriage, and marrying some emo dude form the Night's Watch won't sit well with her. She's very skeptical of new people she brings into her circle thanks to Jorah, but I do think that Jon will find her somehow and their relationship will exist as a platonic thing. 

It is possible that they will get together at some point, but as you said, it would be very fairytale-esque for GRRM. D&D might and probably will take it in a different direction if this situation arises in the show because having a Dany and Jon sex scene would make for some good ass television. But it's unlikely that Jon will find her at all. I'm getting ahead of myself... he has to come back from the dead first.

There is also the possibility of Azor Ahai being fulfilled completely. One of my predictions is that in order to reinforce his sword, Jon kills Dany but with her permission because she know's he's a Targaryen and she is doing her duty of getting a Targaryen back on the throne. I'm kind of thinking out loud at this point but bottom line is: I don't think they will be romantically involved at all, but I agree that if they are it will totally end in tragedy. One of them will end up dead before the Iron Throne is secured. 

Now, keep in mind that these theories are only a possibility if Jon comes back and if R+L=J is actually pursued by GRRM and/or D&D. That has to be a revealed first, and then we can continue drawing Dany+Jon fan art.

Man, this paragraph is hilarious: "he has to come back from the dead first".

Well, I will use this line for all sorts of excuses from now on. When my girlfriend wants me to do the dishes e.g. I will say "I'll have to come back from the dead first".

A Jon and Dany sex scene would also make some good ass p*rn!

GRRM confirmed in many interviews that there will indeed be somebody on the Iron Throne in the end

links please

I am finding the idea that Gendry forges valarian steel very cool, but where would this steel come from??? Dany finds it in old valaria?  It would be cool if the iron throne were actually made out of valarian steel but that doesn't make much sense does it? Maybe the stories about how and why it was made were all wrong. Maybe it was deliberately made according to some prophecy that the Targarean's would need a hunk of valarian steel in storage for when the ww came back. Gendry doing that would really make him a huge candidate for king or at least a huge hero who qualifies as someone's husband, wink, wink, Ayra.

Anyway, this idea is so good: not using it would be a travesty.

Not sure who or what thread but someone mentioned that it looked like Mel had lost her faith after the whole Stannis debacle and that is why she returned to the wall. I realized that when she returned, on the show, she really paid no special attention to Jon. If her return was for the reason to reconnect with him or because she suddenly believed he was The One, she would have made a beeline for him and start to take him under her wing or whatever.

Anyway, this posters thought had me remembering that Thoros (?) had also lost his faith and that was when he was able to resurrect his friend and thus reigniting his faith. It could be the same for Mel, in some fashion, when it comes to Jon. Not that she is in love with him, not at all, but that his death may in some way wake her up and realize he is AA. I don't think she knows that now but will realize later the signs were there all along.

Who knows, I thought it was interesting.

I think this is a very interesting interpretation. Mel is sure to go to her fires in her room at Castle Black and sure to stare into them. I am thinking season six begins with her in her room, staring into the fire.

p.s. off topic, but Gendry and Roose play son and father in the British tv mini series New Worlds available on Amazon. Needless to say, Roose plays another conniving father and Gendry is glad he dies.

links please

I am finding the idea that Gendry forges valarian steel very cool, but where would this steel come from??? Dany finds it in old valaria?  It would be cool if the iron throne were actually made out of valarian steel but that doesn't make much sense does it? Maybe the stories about how and why it was made were all wrong. Maybe it was deliberately made according to some prophecy that the Targarean's would need a hunk of valarian steel in storage for when the ww came back. Gendry doing that would really make him a huge candidate for king or at least a huge hero who qualifies as someone's husband, wink, wink, Ayra.

Anyway, this idea is so good: not using it would be a travesty.

p.s. off topic, but Gendry and Roose play son and father in the British tv mini series New Worlds available on Amazon. Needless to say, Roose plays another conniving father and Gendry is glad he dies.

How symbolic would it be if they had to melt down the iron throne to save the kingdom? I love that!

If indeed it were made of Valyrian steel.

I know it seems obvious that Dany or maybe Jon when I come back to life Stark-Targaryen will be the Royal on the Throne but I have a feeling it will be a fewer lesser character that occupies it - if indeed it is occupied. Gendry is a perfect candidate.

How symbolic would it be if they had to melt down the iron throne to save the kingdom? I love that!

If indeed it were made of Valyrian steel.

I know it seems obvious that Dany or maybe Jon when I come back to life Stark-Targaryen will be the Royal on the Throne but I have a feeling it will be a fewer lesser character that occupies it - if indeed it is occupied. Gendry is a perfect candidate.

Eh. I don't see them putting a low screentime character on the throne. Even Gendry. It wouldnt make thematic sense to pull that out of left field. (Which, arguably, it would be at this point. Come on. He's been rowing for how long now?)

Edit: Maybe if they'd brought him back into the story this season, they could have gotten away with it. Not as a main character, but as a "Jon and Dany wont sit the throne, because they gave it up to go and save Westeros/fight white walkers" character.

It'd be hard for them to do that, now.

Eh. I don't see them putting a low screentime character on the throne. Even Gendry. It wouldnt make thematic sense to pull that out of left field. (Which, arguably, it would be at this point. Come on. He's been rowing for how long now?)

Edit: Maybe if they'd brought him back into the story this season, they could have gotten away with it. Not as a main character, but as a "Jon and Dany wont sit the throne, because they gave it up to go and save Westeros/fight white walkers" character.

It'd be hard for them to do that, now.

That's an interesting point about Jon and Dany... I wouldn't completely abandon that idea. Maybe the Gendry part because you're right, the show abandoned him rowing somewhere in the ocean, but they could possibly find someone else to take over the throne so they can go fight the walkers. I like that idea a lot, actually  :cool4:

That's an interesting point about Jon and Dany... I wouldn't completely abandon that idea. Maybe the Gendry part because you're right, the show abandoned him rowing somewhere in the ocean, but they could possibly find someone else to take over the throne so they can go fight the walkers. I like that idea a lot, actually  :cool4:

I'm putting my money on Dany sitting the throne in the end with Jon as King in the North and Tyrion out in Essos as a very real possibility. Or Tyrion in KL with Dany and someone else out in Essos.

But I can also see someone else filling the Throne for Dany while shes in the North with Jon... I just wouldn't know who, if not Tyrion.

I'm putting my money on Dany sitting the throne in the end with Jon as King in the North and Tyrion out in Essos as a very real possibility. Or Tyrion in KL with Dany and someone else out in Essos.

But I can also see someone else filling the Throne for Dany while shes in the North with Jon... I just wouldn't know who, if not Tyrion.

That's what I was thinking as well. Tyrion is their best bet as of now without a doubt. I have a theory that if Dany ends up dead, she will leave the Throne for Jon. If put in that position, he'll just give it to Tyrion and claim his lordship in the North since he takes after Ned so much. 

The fact of the matter is there may not be a throne to sit at the end of all this. The throne itself may need to be sacrificed to save the world from the Others. Figuratively and literally. I still think BlueDragon was on to some something in thinking  the throne may be made of Valyrian steel swords. And I also still think that the sacrifice of that throne much like the sacrifice of AA's wife will be needed to save the realm. Or something similar.

Melisandre for all her faults is the only one to see it so far - the battle is not to the south, it is to the north.

Well, let me take that back, Jon saw it as well, he knew where the true battle lie.

So, I think Jon is resurrected by Mel who finds her power much the same asThoros found his - through despair and loss. I had another thought about this just recently while re-watching the show. Many have wondered what the sacrifice of Shareen had brought and if it had been a complete tragedy for nothing. I had thought like many that it brought the melting of the snow, which I still think, also helped the Bolton clan but I now think it may have had another purpose.

Hang in here with me for a second...Considering the the Red God is not the most benevolent of creatures and what with his appetite for death etc. you can hardly blame me for thinking this so...what if...ahem...

The sacrifice of Shareen was meant to break Melisandre? The sacrifice not only doesn't work it fails badly and it involves the death of a little girl. Horrible! And I think it does break Mel.

If, on my theory, one needs to be humble to channel (like Thoros) the Red Gods power to reanimate (I'm thinking Jon Snow) a body? It's been mentioned in other threads and in a casting call for next season that Melisandre is where she is needed or something like that so it is possible hat R'holler (sp?) works in such ways. Crazy I know but the one thing I got most strongly from the scene with Thoros is that he had completely lost his faith and that is clearly what is happened with Melisandre. She is broken when she returns to Castle Black. She can't look anyone in the eye.

Also, she pays no attention to Jon Snow so she doesn't yet know his importance - it's all to come next - hopefully! That's my thought anyway.

OK, go ahead, give me that Olly side-eye... :)

I always thought that Arya would be the one that will kill Cersei.

Yep I think Arya will kill someone of importance, the most obvious candidates being either Cersai or Dany, neither of which I can see being alive at the end.

While I am a Jon fan if he is ressurected I do not see him winning the iron throne but more likely bringing peace to the realm. 

If someone sits on the throne then perhaps Tyrion, Dany will come close but will either go mad or someone will take her out just as she's about to take it in true GRRM fashion.

Sansa I am not sure has plot armour to make it to the end but if so she seems most likely to be warden of the north at the end.

Bran will clearly help Jon against the others.

Jamie I think is nailed on to die at some point.

Yep I think Arya will kill someone of importance, the most obvious candidates being either Cersai or Dany, neither of which I can see being alive at the end.

While I am a Jon fan if he is ressurected I do not see him winning the iron throne but more likely bringing peace to the realm. 

If someone sits on the throne then perhaps Tyrion, Dany will come close but will either go mad or someone will take her out just as she's about to take it in true GRRM fashion.

Sansa I am not sure has plot armour to make it to the end but if so she seems most likely to be warden of the north at the end.

Bran will clearly help Jon against the others.

Jamie I think is nailed on to die at some point.

Arya has no reason to kill Dany: Dany wants to take down Arya's enemies: the Lannisters.

Duh? If anything, she would probably refuse a commission from the faceless men when she realizes Dany is about to trample the Lannisters. The only problem might be Tyrion's presence; however, if Bran is able to communicate, it may be he discusses Tyrion in a positive light given the saddle which someone else has mentioned might allow Bran to ride a dragon. Also, if Arya connects with Sansa, she will be told Tyrion is a decent guy.

Nevertheless: anything is possible.

Archived