The first Dayne

Poppa Chase

Was a Valyrian dragon rider exploring the world. His dragon died in the air and he crashed to the ground. The native Martells found him and used his dragons bones to make weapons. The most perfect one was given to the rider who started the house Dayne.

Daynes are First Men so they pre-date Valyria. Martells are not 'native' to Dorne. Mors Martell was a leader of a second rate Andal house when Nymeria allied with him to take over Dorne. Andals arrived much later than First Men and after Dawn was supposedly forged. There is no reason to assume Daynes are Valyrian.

So from earliest to latest based on what we know:

First Men cross from Essos into Dorne. The Children of the forest break the Arm of Done to stop the migration.

House Dayne is established

The Long Night happened. Dawn was forged either at this time or before.

Valyria is founded

Valyria rises to create an empire

The Valyrian empire chases the Andals from Essos and they start to migrate to Westeros

Generations of First Men vs Andal wars in the Stormlands and Riverlands.

A few Andal houses move into Dorne, no real violence occurs it seems. Few in number. This is when House Martell is founded.

The Valyrians attack the Rhyonar, Nymeria leads an exodus to Dorne. Marries Mors Martell and conquers the Kingdom taking the crown of House Dayne (and Yronwood and other First Men Kings).

Was a Valyrian dragon rider exploring the world. His dragon died in the air and he crashed to the ground. The native Martells found him and used his dragons bones to make weapons. The most perfect one was given to the rider who started the house Dayne.

Thar requires Time Travel and I am serious when I am saying that I read "First Doctor".

Daynes are 10000 years old, Valyria is 5000-3000. But I do believe that Dawn was made from a dragon.

I am sorry to says but Daynes are Andals House of Dayne

Wrong they are First Men.

Kingdoms of the First Men in awoiaf (Pg 238);

At the mouth of the Torrentine, House Dayne raised its castle on an island where that roaring, tumultuous river broadens to meet the sea. Legend says the first Dayne was led to the site when he followed the track of a falling star and there found a stone of magical powers. His descendants ruled over the western mountains for centuries thereafter as Kings of the Torrentine and Lords of Starfall.

Daynes are obviously a remnant of a Yi Ti legend, Great Empire of the Dawn and most likely their Sword is as well. No First men Houses have Pale Blonde hair or Violet eyes like the Daynes.

My theory is that the First Men crossed an Ice bridge. Because the Grey Waste in the far East, a cold desert, is closer than we are lead to believe to the Lands of Always Winter. And we all know to touch the light we must pass beneath the Shadow. Bran flies past Curtain of Light at the end of the world into Heart of Winter. AGOT.

Daynes are obviously a remnant of a Yi Ti legend, Great Empire of the Dawn and most likely their Sword is as well. No First men Houses have Pale Blonde hair or Violet eyes like the Daynes.

they are First Men.

Kingdoms of the First Men in awoiaf (Pg 238);

At the mouth of the Torrentine, House Dayne raised its castle on an island where that roaring, tumultuous river broadens to meet the sea. Legend says the first Dayne was led to the site when he followed the track of a falling star and there found a stone of magical powers. His descendants ruled over the western mountains for centuries thereafter as Kings of the Torrentine and Lords of Starfall.

they are First Men.

Go read AGOT when Dany has her miscarriage/wake the dragon dream. Paraphrasing here, "ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings, in their hands were swords of PALE FIRE with hair of Silver, and Blonde and Platinum, and their eyes were Opal and Amethyst, Tourmaline and Jade. Now go check out the Gemstone Emperors, in the World Book. The Daynes have distinctly Valyrian features, before Valyria was founded. First Men have never had silver blonde hair or Violet eyes.

.Go read AGOT when Dany has her miscarriage/wake the dragon dream. Paraphrasing here, "ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings, in their hands were swords of PALE FIRE with hair of Silver, and Blonde and Platinum, and their eyes were Opal and Amethyst, Tourmaline and Jade. Now go check out the Gemstone Emperors, in the World Book. The Daynes have distinctly Valyrian features, before Valyria was founded. First Men have never had silver blonde hair or Violet eyes.

Already done it and it doesn't change the fact that we already know from AWOIAF that Daynes are First Men.Also I think that it was Ran who said that he believes that they are ProtoValyrian

In Westeros, genetics can be a bit fantastical, persisting in ways that they wouldn't in our world (see the black hair and blue eyes of the Baratheons, and of Robert in particular, who seems to have passed them on to every single one of his bastards).

So, one ancestor can matter, yes.

Martin has said that the Daynes have no Targaryen connections that he knows of (though it's true that they may have eventually gotten a connection to Daenerys Targaryen -- King Daeron's sister -- through some Martell descendant of hers), but he also said that you don't need to be a Valyrian to have purple eyes, and he cited Elizabeth Taylor's famous violet eyes...

But, all that said, I believe that the Daynes are descended of Azor Ahai or some companion of his, and that they were what we might call proto-Valyrian. So the violet eyes could then be a persistent trait connecting them to Valyria, just before Valyria was the power that it came to be and so on.

Because someone has the same colourings as someone else doesn't make them the same, the fact that they have valyrian colors don't make them Valyrian. Again from awoiaf we learn that they are First Men, so I don't see why we shouldn't believe it.

The Daynes are pre-Valyrian or proto-Valyrian.

Please look at Lucifer means Lightbringer's threads about the Empire of the Dawn. Some really interesting connections have been made both by LmL and others discussing the theories.

Link?

My thread, nice, we have to look at all of history and takemin account that before written history its all very subjective, all we have are oral traditions all jumbled up, and we have to glean whatnwe can, find the truth behind the text.

Go read AGOT when Dany has her miscarriage/wake the dragon dream. Paraphrasing here, "ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings, in their hands were swords of PALE FIRE with hair of Silver, and Blonde and Platinum, and their eyes were Opal and Amethyst, Tourmaline and Jade. Now go check out the Gemstone Emperors, in the World Book. The Daynes have distinctly Valyrian features, before Valyria was founded. First Men have never had silver blonde hair or Violet eyes.

First Men is a timing designation. It's humans who crossed into Westeros from Essos before Dorne got its arm broken. The First Men were probably from all kinds of places and had all kinds of features. The Daynes likely came from the same race that later produced the Valyrians, which means they're not Valyrian themselves but are distantly related as ProtoValyrians. It's not that no First Men have silver hair and violet eyes (and not all Daynes do either, by the way) but that no First Men other than the Daynes had them.

The Andals on the other hand came specifically from Anadalos. So their designation actually IS one of race.

Link?

I hate not being able to use search on here! Here's one of LmL's threads that pertains to what went on long, long ago. Not sure if it's the one I was thinking of, but it's one I managed to find. Astronomy of Planetos II: The Bloodstone Compendium. Do keep in mind that some of this stuff will be found in the discussion, not necessarily the OPs.

First Men is a timing designation. It's humans who crossed into Westeros from Essos before Dorne got its arm broken. The First Men were probably from all kinds of places and had all kinds of features. The Daynes likely came from the same race that later produced the Valyrians, which means they're not Valyrian themselves but are distantly related as ProtoValyrians. It's not that no First Men have silver hair and violet eyes (and not all Daynes do either, by the way) but that no First Men other than the Daynes had them.

The Andals on the other hand came specifically from Anadalos. So their designation actually IS one of race.

First men were generally darker than the tall, blonde Andals, and no First Men had Platinum Silver hair, and Purple eyes are a distinctly Valyrian trait, but the Daynes got these traits from G.E. of which they are the last. The point was that they were known for these features before Valyria rose. People can still be found with these features, I think Lys is where they can be mostly found. I put a link for Fingerprints of the Dawn on here earlier. Anything before written history is unreliable, I don't think the children ever had the power to smash apart a continent. The history is all screwed up, Dawn always comes after Night. I think the Pact may have been what ended the Long Night, but our timelines are all jacked up, Andals were supposed to invade about 6000 BC, but the True History claims it was 4000 BC, and some Maesters say only 2000 BC, Sam only finds 667 not 997 LC of NW, that's a third less than what we thought, meaning instead of 8000 BC, it might only be 5200 BC. Anyway history isn't as reliable as we would hope, because its always written by the winners.

I hate not being able to use search on here! Here's one of LmL's threads that pertains to what went on long, long ago. Not sure if it's the one I was thinking of, but it's one I managed to find. Astronomy of Planetos II: The Bloodstone Compendium. Do keep in mind that some of this stuff will be found in the discussion, not necessarily the OPs.

My thread, nice, we have to look at all of history and takemin account that before written history its all very subjective, all we have are oral traditions all jumbled up, and we have to glean whatnwe can, find the truth behind the text.

I don't see why we shouldn't believe the text when is so clear. The Daynes are first men the end. Not everyone have to have a secret identity or be someone else that they claim to be.

So, Jon Snow is a Bastard from Ned and wylla, the end? It is highly suspect, to me anyway, that Dany would have a vision of Gemstone Emperors, or whatever we want to call them, without it meaning something. AGoT is where we see this vision, and first hear about the Dayne family, with pale skin, and hair ranging from pale blonde to dark, and Violet eyes. No First Men look like this, Not One, Ever, but wait, there's more. No other House in the World has a White, Pale Fire, Shimmery Surfaced Sword, that keeps a very sharp edge, and incredibly light and Srtrong, a lot like Valyrian Steel, but way older. Why is there something built by the G. E. On south west westeros if there wasn't expansion by them? The Daynes have different features, even from the other Dornish, We have stony dornish (mountains) who look mostly like the rest of the seven kingdoms, the salty dornish (along the coasts) with black hair and olive skin, and the sandy dornish (interior desert) who are darker than the salty. Purple eyes are only found in people's who escaped the doom of Valyria, or maybe another, older civilization, Amethyst Empress? Amethyst ranges from light to dark purple. There is One House in Westeros, not of Old Valyria, with these" Valyrian features."

So, Jon Snow is a Bastard from Ned and wylla, the end?

Terrible strawman.

By your logic because red panda are named panda they are the same with giant panda. Which is wrong, red belong to Ailuridae family and giants belong to Ursidae family. The fact that it happens to have the same coloring, which btw for the Daynes is just the eye color, doesn't mean that they belong to the same gene pool, there is absolutely no reason to question the text.

Archived