Ned Ashara & broken promises. (NOT N+A=J)

I think Ashara was in love with Arthur. Probably hooked up with him at HH and got preggers. When Ned told her he had killed Arthur she committed suicide. Not like they'd be the first incestuous couple in the story.

Also I don't understand why the theories exist that Ned loved Ashara. Where is the evidence for that? I don't recall a single POV form him where he thinks about her. A lot of stuff going back and forth about "choosing" Cat over Ashara, but to my eyes there was never a choice to make. He didn't know her. He didn't care about her. The ONLY reason he went to Starfall was to return Dawn, which was an honorable thing to do.

I think Ashara was in love with Arthur. Probably hooked up with him at HH and got preggers. When Ned told her he had killed Arthur she committed suicide. Not like they'd be the first incestuous couple in the story.

Also I don't understand why the theories exist that Ned loved Ashara. Where is the evidence for that? I don't recall a single POV form him where he thinks about her. A lot of stuff going back and forth about "choosing" Cat over Ashara, but to my eyes there was never a choice to make. He didn't know her. He didn't care about her. The ONLY reason he went to Starfall was to return Dawn, which was an honorable thing to do.

Where is the evidence that Ash and Arthur had sex?

I love how you seemed so sure about why he did what he did and how he felt. I didn't knew that you had read the next two books. Please tell me more!

Where is the evidence that Ash and Arthur had sex?

I love how you seemed so sure about why he did what he did and how he felt. I didn't knew that you had read the next two books. Please tell me more!

man always with the snarky attitudes here. it's a THEORY.

Ned tell's Ashara that her brother is dead. She reacts in a crazy way and throws herself out a window. Kind of a strange reaction. So it's ok to theorize that she was pregnant with any number of people's babies and it died at birth and that's why she's upset, but if I theorize that it was Arthur's I get this attitude?

Ned tell's Ashara that her brother is dead. She reacts in a crazy way and throws herself out a window. Kind of a strange reaction. So it's ok to theorize that she was pregnant with any number of people's babies and it died at birth and that's why she's upset, but if I theorize that it was Arthur's I get this attitude?

Maybe, because there's more in book reference to Ashara-Ned than Arthur-Ashara. If you're snarky against the OP about "evidence" for the OP's theory, and then put up a theory with 0 text evidence for it against it, then the OP is fully entitled to point that out.

My original comment wasn't intended to be snarky. But the line about "you've obviously read the next two books" is just a childish jab. I was attempting to contribute to the thread and the OP was simply shooting down me personally. That's the stuff that pisses me off on this board.

Everything that I said was posited by "to my eyes" i.e. IMO. That's now taboo here?

Didn't realize that asking for someone to explain where they got the Ashara and Ned relationship was so wrong.

I think the people on this board have become so accustomed to vitriol that they assume everyone is being negative and are quick to jump on posters for asking questions.

I don't understand what you mean. Seriously. In the books Ned and Ashara was known to people and people were talking about it.

On the other hand we have absolutely zero evidence that Arthur and Ashara had something more than a brother sister relationship. If I am wrong please point me where in the text an incestious relationship with Arthur and Ashara is mentioned.

Maybe, because there's more in book reference to Ashara-Ned than Arthur-Ashara. If you're snarky against the OP about "evidence" for the OP's theory, and then put up a theory with 0 text evidence for it against it, then the OP is fully entitled to point that out.

Thank you for understanding what I mean.

My original comment wasn't intended to be snarky. But the line about "you've obviously read the next two books" is just a childish jab. I was attempting to contribute to the thread and the OP was simply shooting down me personally. That's the stuff that pisses me off on this board.

You were talking with absolute certainty about how and why Ned did everything that he did. This absolute certainty can be provided only from someone who have read all the books.

Everything that I said was posited by "to my eyes" i.e. IMO. That's now taboo here?

If you try to propose a new theory then methinks that you should at least try to base it on the text.

JQC: Obviously no point continuing to talk to you. I pointed out that I specifically stated "to my eyes" i.e. MY THEORY and then said some stuff. If you see that as being absolute certain...well I don't know what to say.

Nice theory. I just don't see it.

Sorry that upset's you so much.

Just a small advice. When you question someone's theory presenting your own you should be prepared that some people are going to question your theory and just as you would ask for text evidence you have to be prepared to provide text evidences for your own theory.

I was not upset. Been there done that. There is nothing to upset me.

I had a discussion in a previous thread with people believing that Ashara was in love with Brandon, and had sex with him at Harrendal, and became pregnant. And Ned had to assume the Stark's honor, first by making promises to Ashara then to Cat. In some way, taking twice Brandon's leaving. That was not my opinion. I thought the concept ridicule.

My view is that Ned and Ashara fell in love at Harrendal. Didn't ask immediately for betrothals, but made promises to each other anyway, as was proper and honorable. Supposing she had other opportunities to meet Ned, Ashara got pregnant only later. I would speculate it was after Brandon and Rickard death, Ned would have wanted to meet her personally, and apologize, and tell her he had to marry Catelyn. She would have then tried to make him reconsider.

But I understood during the exchanges that one person's behaviours are made of his or her experiences. Ned may have always been a tad obsessed by honor questions. But something special must have happened. And this broken promises to Ashara, and her death, is fully on him. Leaving her, killing her brother, not even leaving her a part of him in a child. All this plus his own grief was too much for him.

However, I don't think Allyria is Ned's bastard. That child died as is said.

Archived