Alt X Arya + Jon and Lightbringer

caravaggio

If you haven't watched the new Alt X video on Arya, you should.

https://youtu.be/mTJXYknxhWM

My theory has always been that Nissa Nissa is the NW itself (what Jon loves best), but after watching this I'm convinced Jon will put his sword through Arya's heart and pull out lightbringer.

I'm not sure what the circumstances would be though that would bring Jon to do this knowingly... unless Arya is wearing someone else's face.

Thoughts?

Didn't watch the video yet, but I think Jon ending up killing Arya is very possible.

I have this very strong feeling that before the end of the series, at least one of the Starks is going to die by the hands of another. My main bets are on Jon killing Arya or Jon killing Bran.

If it turns out being Jon kills Arya, though, I don't think it will have anything to do with Nissa Nissa/Lightbringer, since I don't believe Jon is Azor Ahai.

wait what?

Victor you don't believe Jon is AA?

I know people don't like when things are too obvious but Jon is AA.

it seems too obvious because people dissect the hell out of these books and have six years to think and talk to the world about it but Jon is AA, he is the song of ice and fire.

if Jon did kill Arya it wouldn't be to the same degree as NN. bc Arya would live on in Nymeria.

I mean its still a very hard test but in this case he is only killing her body not her soul.

Unless of course, Lightbringer is somehow alive itself and it sucks her "soul" into itself, not allowing her mind to transfer to Nymeria, but instead into the sword.

It is said that her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon, but her blood and her soul and her strength and her courage all went into the steel. Such is the tale of the forging of Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes.

The pages that told of Azor Ahai. Lightbringer was his sword. Tempered with his wife's blood if Votar can be believed. Thereafter Lightbringer was never cold to the touch, but warm as Nissa Nissa had been warm. In battle the blade burned fiery hot. Once Azor Ahai fought a monster. When he thrust the sword through the belly of the beast, its blood began to boil. Smoke and steam poured from its mouth, its eyes melted and dribbled down its cheeks, and its body burst into flame."

Arya being sent to kill Jon LOL

I sometimes wonder whether fanfiction has a limit but videos like these continue to surprise me. 

:agree: There are a lot of the Kindly Man's direct words to Arya that are ambiguous, because they either evade her question, or only apply to herself. But the "I know him" and "I don't know him" isn't told to her in such a way. It's shown to us, as she is a cupbearer to meetings where the initiated FM give these answers as a reply to names put to them. Meanwhile, we are also shown how the people she works with outside of the house, emphasise to her, "You know my name, yes?" So, the "FM don't kill people they know" is a rule we have to deduct out of ourselves. In the way GRRM often writes obscurely with regards to background facts, this actually makes the rule set in stone for the FM imo. And for a valid reason. The guild wants neat kills that look like accidents or a sickness or a heart failure and that cannot be proven to be tied to the FM (which is why we'll never have confirmation that an FM killed Balon). While a person can become dissociated and let go of the past, the FM purposefully and knowingly send a non-initiated acolyte to a high profile and emotionally, intimately known person of their past is asking for a pure disaster, which I simply don't see the FM take any chances on.

It's a soap opera scenario, where instead of "shipping" who of the main characters ends up with the other main characters, people come up with ideas of "killing-drama" - who of the main characters will kill the other main characters. Instead of the Bold and The Beautiful, it's like The Deadly and the Murderous soap opera. :bang:

GRRM writes in a heap of rounded secondary, tertiary and supporting characters that are almost as well-rounded as the mains. They're not red-shirt characters. So, it's completely stupid imo to only narrow end-game plot prediction to the main characters.

wait what?
Victor you don't believe Jon is AA?

I know people don't like when things are too obvious but Jon is AA.
it seems too obvious because people dissect the hell out of these books and have six years to think and talk to the world about it but Jon is AA, he is the song of ice and fire.

Hahahahahahah

I kind of only registered in this forum so I could share my thoughts on Jon not being Azor Ahai. Check put my theory http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/133518-about-jon-snow-not-being-azor-ahai-and-where-i-think-it-leads-him/

And yes, I totally believe he's the song of Ice and Fire, but I don't think that means he's AA

:agree: There are a lot of the Kindly Man's direct words to Arya that are ambiguous, because they either evade her question, or only apply to herself. But the "I know him" and "I don't know him" isn't told to her in such a way. It's shown to us, as she is a cupbearer to meetings where the initiated FM give these answers as a reply to names put to them. Meanwhile, we are also shown how the people she works with outside of the house, emphasise to her, "You know my name, yes?" So, the "FM don't kill people they know" is a rule we have to deduct out of ourselves. In the way GRRM often writes obscurely with regards to background facts, this actually makes the rule set in stone for the FM imo. And for a valid reason. The guild wants neat kills that look like accidents or a sickness or a heart failure and that cannot be proven to be tied to the FM (which is why we'll never have confirmation that an FM killed Balon). While a person can become dissociated and let go of the past, the FM purposefully and knowingly send a non-initiated acolyte to a high profile and emotionally, intimately known person of their past is asking for a pure disaster, which I simply don't see the FM take any chances on.

It's a soap opera scenario, where instead of "shipping" who of the main characters ends up with the other main characters, people come up with ideas of "killing-drama" - who of the main characters will kill the other main characters. Instead of the Bold and The Beautiful, it's like The Deadly and the Murderous soap opera. :bang:

GRRM writes in a heap of rounded secondary, tertiary and supporting characters that are almost as well-rounded as the mains. They're not red-shirt characters. So, it's completely stupid imo to only narrow end-game plot prediction to the main characters.

I agree that the two biggest points against it are:

1. The FM probably wouldn't send Arya to kill Jon, someone she knows.

and

2. Jon would be very unlikely to ever kill Arya knowingly under any circumstances.

Archived