Would a Robert's rebellion prequel be necessary?

Chilli

I don't think a full-on series or movie on Robert's Rebellion is necessary. The story as is gives a good amount of backstory that doesn't spoil too much and leaves people wanting to know more, and I'm hoping that as the series progresses, the necessary references to the past are made. If that's not enough, there's the Histories & Lore to refer to.

But I can also see the series getting milked, so a spin-off based on the rebellion is possible - not necessary though.

I would be feeling that. The story of how KL became KL... :cheers:

Kings Landing is comprise of Three hills encircled and a city built around it, the three hills is where Aegon, Visenya and Rheanya landed on their dragons. Aegon's high hill is where the red keep is and where he landed with Belarion.

What would be really cool and seedy for HBO, half hour episodes in a 12-14 episode season showing the brothel in KL that LF owns when it was established, who were the owners over time and all of the historical characters from Westeros that had "dealings in there"

"Tales from the King's Landing Brothel"

I think a Robert's rebellion trilogy would be awesome. Of course start with the tourney where R takes a liking to L, then what happens to papa Stark and Ned's brother. That's probably the first movie or at least the first half with the ending being the decision to go to war. The 2nd movie, much like Attack of the Clones is kinda just straight fighting and warfare with maybe a Jon Snow easter egg thrown in, and then the third would be the Lannister sack, Jaime killing the king, a full tower of joy sequence, and of course R vs Robert as the climax.

Oh man, just the choreography potential and fight scenes of that movie or series of movies would be AMAZING.

Archived