Would a Robert's rebellion prequel be necessary?

Chilli

Necessary?, nope, rentable? Of course it is, the tales of dunk and egg are somehow foreign to the unsullied public, as much as I would love to see young aemon rejecting the throne and the tragedy at summerhall, I fear they will go with the project that attracts the same fan base GoT has, and what's better to achieve that than a history that includes younger versions of Ned, bib bobby b, Jaime, cersei, hell they may even squeeze child-tyrion in the mix, I can bet my left but, this show would sell like an acid dealer in Woodstock.

Would it be necessary? Not really, but if HBO wants to keep going off of the popularity of GoT, the rebellion would make the most sense. While the actors won't be the same, there are already plenty of established characters for the audience to identify with as opposed to something like D&E where Egg gets a mention here and there on GoT and that's it. I get what GRRM is saying from a book reader perspective and how we will already know what will happen, but isn't that the same thing that we were dealing with from the start of GoT to begin with?

:agree:

They are more likely to go with the prequel that already has established characters (the audience are already hooked in that case).  A Robert's Rebellion prequel would go hand and hand with Game of Thrones and give people a deeper understanding of the story and encourage more appreciation for GoT characters like Ned, Robert and even Jon Snow. It offers allot- romance, epic battle scenes, interesting characters, tragic deaths and Luke Skywalker Jon Snow being born.  

My only worry is if GoT does flashbacks with minor actors (Bran seeing Lyanna on a bed of blood etc.) and they don't use the same actors for the prequel. Robert and Ned are understandable as they would be younger but the faces of Rhaegar and Lyanna should stay consistent in both series.

Think about it. Rock Star Oberyn™ tells Varys in the show that he toured Essos. Don't you want to know how that story went down?

Well, they could have his journeys on there. I am sure there are some that would like to see his reaction when bedding his first Unsullied was like.

Oh, rest assured if D&D do it, it will be butchered. I will still gleefully watch it, no doubt but butchered it will be.

A movie is too short to be able to explore and show even 1/4th the lore of 1 season of the shows. Movie will be pointless and annoying.

Honestly if I had to decide whether this one would actually be done or the 6th book finally released on the morrow I'd still go for the prequel. Self-explanatory, right?

right. I want to see the Conquest, what it was like for these long standing independent kingdoms hand over crowns after thousands of years. It had to be tough. Torhen, last king of Winterfell did so without a fight. What was his life like after? What did his kids think of him? There had to be some serious resentment. Also, the Targ Royal family and their dragons.

Archived