Dawn, Dayne, defeated by Ned and Howland? Possible explanation

Love Is A Sweet Poison

I think Howland just used an arrow to Help Ned/Take out Arther Dayne.

Similar to Bloodraven in the Battle of the Redgrass Field, there Bloodraven took out 3 Blackfyres from afar, all warriors. Notably Daemon with seven arrows with his armor on.

So poison isn't fully necessary for Howland Reed to help Ned take out Dayne. 

I think Howland just used an arrow to Help Ned/Take out Arther Dayne.

Similar to Bloodraven in the Battle of the Redgrass Field, there Bloodraven took out 3 Blackfyres from afar, all warriors. Notably Daemon with seven arrows with his armor on...

"The boar can keep his tusks and the bear his claws,” he declared, smiling the way he did. “There's nothing half so mortal as a grey goose feather.'  -THEON

If HR had used some trickery, Ned wouldn't think so high of him.

Everybody assumes the worst, or a fight. "He would have killed me but for Howland Reed" could mean many things.

This is when you need to use the "out of the box" thinking, not to talk about lemon trees and fake identities.

*Everybody dies except Howland, Ned and Arthur. But Arthur is dying. Ned is about to be defeated, though*

A: I swore a vow. Protect the King.

N: The King is dead.

A: You know nothing, Stark. (sorry, I had to). It's a King we guard here. The legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryen. Your Usurper friend will finish him off...

N: Rhaegar... Lyanna? Lyanna gave birth a child? I heard... he raped her...

A: He loved her. He was happy here. It was his tower of joy... He was my Kign. The  baby is my King now. But I thought... you should know before you go. Yor friends were brave, but you were right. Now, it ends.

Reed: Wait! You won't survive... what will happen with the baby?

A: Someone will... <dying> take care...

R: Who?? Your friends are dead! And you're right. Robert Baratheon will kill him as soon as he knows he's Rhaegar blood. But Ned is also his blood! We'll take him. And Lyanna too.

N: I would never let anyone hurt my sister's child!

A: I also have one sister, Stark. Take Dawn to her, and to my brother. Protect my King, Ned Stark.

I like this - as Dayne gets mortally wounded he is also delivering a very dangerous blow to Ned, but HR stops him somehow, and a conversation like the above follows.

Other than that, I strongly believe that there is some vital information concerning the TOJ-scene we have no idea about - which will explain all the seeming anomalies when it is revealed.

And I'm sure he was sad whenever he was thinking of Lyanna.

But this particular change in his emotions happened when he was telling Bran about Arthur Dayne.

The source of the sadness is based on his sister's death, if there's something dishonorable that bothers Ned it's the fact that he's had to lie about all of this to his family..

Archived