Which Character do you think least deserved their fate?

TimJames

Pod. I remember feeling unaccountably sad when they hung him from a tree.

I also have a soft spot for Sandor Clegane but can't put him forward for this one because (i) i don't belive he is dead and (ii) he did have a lot of blood on his hands and a man/woman must face their choices in life.

Pod isn't dead.....

And he was an enemy combatant....

Well, call it a prejudice on my part.  If someone has to get the misery may as well be Arya and Jon.  

Don't you think Arya's suffered enough?

She's seen her father, mother and brother murdered.  Her friend cut in half by the Hound.  Been on the run for her life.  Been captured, and forced to witness murder, rape and torture.  Been repeatedly threatened with rape and torture.  Been kidnapped.  Been inducted into a death cult.

All between the ages of 9 and 11.

I feel no worse for Dacey Mormont than the rest of Robbs guard that perished at the RW. Kinda confused why she gets more sympathy.

I feel sorry for Dacey, and she certainly didn't deserve to die by treachery.  But, as you say, that's true of so many people.

Pod isn't dead.....

And he was an enemy combatant....

I checked AFFC. Last we saw Pod he was hanging from a tree. One can reasonably believe he is dead. The OP asked who we thought didn't deserve what happened to them. I felt sorry for Pod when they hung him. Almost everyone in these books is someone's enemy combattant, so that wasn't one of my considerations.

Blood and Cheese.

They murdered a poor woman's infant son in front of her after forcing her to choose between the two of them. And yet, as far as we know those two sons of bitches got off scot-free and died peacefully in their sleep at a ripe old age. If anyone ever deserved to be drawn-and-quartered, it is absolutely Blood and Cheese.

I checked AFFC. Last we saw Pod he was hanging from a tree. One can reasonably believe he is dead. The OP asked who we thought didn't deserve what happened to them. I felt sorry for Pod when they hung him. Almost everyone in these books is someone's enemy combattant, so that wasn't one of my considerations.

Have you read Dance with Dragons?

And "enemy combatant" means "actively fighting on the side of a faction". No, there are plenty of characters here that have not shed blood for any cause. Pod had.

Have you read Dance with Dragons?

And "enemy combatant" means "actively fighting on the side of a faction". No, there are plenty of characters here that have not shed blood for any cause. Pod had.

Yes I did read ADWD- and did a search of it before I posted, just to be sure. I also asked someone else who had read the books.

But I am prepared to stand corrected because these days I only reference sections of the books as needed. Where does Pod turn up in ADWD?

Archived