why bloodstone emperor is an usurper?

purple-eyes

I am quite confused about this. 

Yi Ti is not Rohynar, not the Leng either. (Leng always had women as rulers)

so his elder sister should be behind him. 

And I know Yi Ti is based on china. 

China is certainly a country which sons always were before daughters (including all the bastard sons plus adopted sons plus all distant male relatives)

I am quite confused about this. 

Yi Ti is not Rohynar, not the Leng either. (Leng always had women as rulers)

so his elder sister should be behind him. 

And I know Yi Ti is based on china. 

China is certainly a country which sons always were before daughters (including all the bastard sons plus adopted sons plus all distant male relatives)

The Bloodstone Emporor is a legend from the great empire of the dawn... We have no basis for judging their system of inheritance , except the story where he is a usurper 

If the whole "Lion and maiden" thing would be that important to the plot, GRRM would have had to build it in the 5 novels at least in one novel, but he did not, not a single word.

so i gave up searching for connection to walkers, usurpers or female rights, because it would feel like cheating. the great empire of dawn actually has nothing to do with the rest of the world or the storyline, its mythology just like Homers stories in Greece.

Well first and foremost, the Great Empire of the Dawn isn't Yi Ti. And secondly, we know next to nothing about it. If we're told the Amethyst Empress was the rightful ruler, then we have no reason to say "No, the Bloodstone Emperor was the rightful ruler because he was a man" because we have absolutely no idea how their inheritance worked.

Well first and foremost, the Great Empire of the Dawn isn't Yi Ti. And secondly, we know next to nothing about it. If we're told the Amethyst Empress was the rightful ruler, then we have no reason to say "No, the Bloodstone Emperor was the rightful ruler because he was a man" because we have absolutely no idea how their inheritance worked.

Yea i mean basically this, additionally, (to the Op) way to try to display some impressive personal knowledge on the typical laws of inheritance in China, China however is a part of the real world and not this world, and not sure how its "based on China" other than being to the far east but good to know you know that

Archived