daario=euron?

house of dayne

1.  I answered your question.  My answer was "I don't know."  If you think you know, that's fine.

2.  I showed you my evidence.  I gave you a 16 point list. 

3.  I agree.  Merely asking a question would not be an argument from ignorance.  But if I say "I don't know," and you respond with "Ha, that means I win", which effectively is what you have done, you are making an argument from ignorance.  Specifically, it is an argument from parrot ignorance.  Dorian Martell seems to feel that if a parrot does not know something, it proves that Dorian Martell is right about x, y or z.

4.  If you think Euron's motivations are clear, then why are you asking me questions about them?  If you know Euron's motivations, that's perfectly fine.  If Daario is Euron, then they have the same motivations.  If not, then presumably they have different motivations.  Assuming Euron and Daario are 1000 miles apart, and using this to prove that they are separate people is pointless.  You have yet to prove that they are 1000 miles apart at any point.

5.  So your counterargument is to assume there is no need for a counterargument, because there is no evidence suggesting that Euron & Daario might be the same person?  Fine.  Let's stop there.  Some people were intrigued by some of the points on my 16 point list, or on other people's lists, but you are not impressed.  That's fine.  Bye.

1: "I don't know" is not an answer. It is a statement, and for the purposes of proving this theory, this  means it's bunk 
2: 16 point list? All I saw was a link about modern sailors in modern boats making a journey in the time you allotted. So no
3: Saying "I win because you cannot back up a statement is not making an argument out of ignorance, it is YOU failing to back up a point. Every time this happens, it is one more coffin nail for the theory. That is how debating works
4: See, This is the fundamental problem with how you are arguing. I do not have to prove they are 1000, or 10,000, or 1,000,000 miles apart or prove that they are entirely different characters, because they are shown to be just that in the books.  Simple as that.  You are challenging the book and its presentation. Therefore it is your responsibility to prove that what you say is true and the way the book is presented is not true. It is called the burden of truth. That is how debating works.
5.  Before we can even begin talk about relevant counter arguments, you really need to absorb what I have said in #4. Until you understand the burden of truth, we cannot have this conversation any more so when you do get it, feel free to respond to this. Bye

Remember the rules, you have to understand the burden of proof before we get back into this. I feel you have not fully read or comprehended  #4 in my last post due to the speed in which you answered and the fact you bypassed every other point. So repost  it here if you must, but don't neglect anything else we have talked about, because that is a foundation that will serve you well in future discussions 

Remember the rules, you have to understand the burden of proof before we get back into this.

I feel no need to prove anything to you.  You are unconvinced and I am perfectly fine with that.  Have a nice day.

If I decide to add anything to the list, I may repost it.  In the meantime, it can be found upthread.

I think that a topic that's intended to be a 'debate' should have it in the title. 

A debate has rules but a conversation, not so much. Just manners.

I like casually chatting and posting on here and hopefully uncover some things I hadn't noticed before. And I like to share perspectives. You don't see Elio and Linda attacking each other in their videos the way people do on here. But I bet if we saw them have an actual debate the videos would look a lot different. 

I think these topics suffer when some hard-ass rocks up pulling lines from his/her e-book (I only have the paperback) when the other poster is going entirely from memory. It's only a matter of time before things descend into personal comments (which incidentally do not belong in civilized discussion or debate).

I think the nature of the conversation or debate should be included in the title or opening statement so posters understand the context of these theories/suspicions. I really enjoy reading the heated debates, I'm more inclined to participate in a civilized conversation though and at times it can be confusing which one the OP has intended. 

I think ChillyPolly and Dorian Martell are both making interesting points but perhaps they do not belong on the same topic as the context of their argument is somewhat different. 

Archived