daario=euron?

house of dayne

Or...or...being the Dusky Woman and silently thinking about how awesome and clever his evil plan is, as Vic takes him every way a man can take a man glamoured as a woman.

Euron=the Dusky Woman makes Vic's comment to the DM about their future with Dany so much funnier: "She'll be my wife, and you will be her maid."

I can see Euron in one of those French maid outfits with a feather duster in one hand and an axe in the other, winking at Dany with his smiling eye and licking his blue lips. "How may I serve you today, Your Grace?"

I just can't grasp what his motivations would be for keeping silent about his identity to Dany. Why not just say 'I'm actually Euron Greyjoy. I was exiled by my brother and changed my name, but if you're going to retake Westeros, why not marry me and bring the Ironborn to your cause?' Hell, Dany wants to marry Daario anyway, if she knew he was actually Euron Greyjoy she might have done it.

LOL gonna be funny as hell when its revealed to be true (which it is)... Let alone when Mance is revealed to be Rhaegar...

And the timeline does fit for god's sake. I'm sick of people trying to use the intentionally vague timeline as solid proof.

I hope you're joking.

I hope you're joking.

No, Euron really is Daario. You see, Eudaario Greyharis is really a member of the Enterprise exploring the exotic Planetos. Whenever he wants to be teleported to the other side of the world, he just has to open his intercom and say, "Beam me up, Scottie!" and that's it. 

As to why he chose to pretend to be a random, dirt poor sellsword instead of revealing himself to Dany as an actual Westerosi King with, you know, power and influence, well, he's just really, really, REALLY into role playing.

i heard it mentioned it passing as a theory and im wondering if anyone has thoughts either way...seems to me impossible given the timeline and the need to travel vast distances but im wondering if anyone can make a credible case

There are people who think their cats are aliens and there are people who think that the government is spraying mind control drugs out of airplane engines and there are people who think vaccines cause autism.  Ask yourself if the people I mentioned can give you a credible case for what they believe in. 

No, Euron really is Daario. You see, Eudaario Greyharis is really a member of the Enterprise exploring the exotic Planetos. Whenever he wants to be teleported to the other side of the world, he just has to open his intercom and say, "Beam me up, Scottie!" and that's it. 

As to why he chose to pretend to be a random, dirt poor sellsword instead of revealing himself to Dany as an actual Westerosi King with, you know, power and influence, well, he's just really, really, REALLY into role playing.

OMG. It all fits now. :eek: 

But it's a shame you didn't put a spoiler tag. :/

You know what they say, what is tinfoil may never die.

I can see Euron in one of those French maid outfits with a feather duster in one hand and an axe in the other, winking at Dany with his smiling eye and licking his blue lips. "How may I serve you today, Your Grace?"

Thank you for bleaching half of my brain. Now the image of the hottest looking guy wearing a maid outfit will forever be buried in my head...

I believe this theory.  It has been discussed before, and have never had much trouble defending it.  There are many points in its favor.  The feeble thoughtless arguments against the theory (usually some variant of "Euron can't be Daario because FANMADE TIMELINE") are always easily shot down.  But the theory is for some reason extremely unpopular.  

No, I don't particularly WANT to believe that Euron is Daario.  But it seems to me that very likely he is Daario.  If you don't believe me, you'll just have to wait for Book 6, which will be out some time in 2020 at the current rate.

I believe this theory.  It has been discussed before, and have never had much trouble defending it.  There are many points in its favor.  The feeble thoughtless arguments against the theory (usually some variant of "Euron can't be Daario because FANMADE TIMELINE") are always easily shot down.  But the theory is for some reason extremely unpopular.  

No, I don't particularly WANT to believe that Euron is Daario.  But it seems to me that very likely he is Daario.  If you don't believe me, you'll just have to wait for Book 6, which will be out some time in 2020 at the current rate.

One reason it's unpopular is that there's no reason for it to be true. To many it's just a story made up by someone who wants to show how clever he is.

That said, it would be a hoot if Victarion lands in Meereen and he and Daario/Euron duel for Dany's favors, and Vic wins, thereby killing the brother who has bullied him since forever. What a plot hole that would leave.

One reason it's unpopular is that there's no reason for it to be true.

No.  That's not the reason.  It is frankly dishonest to say that those who have suggested the theory have offered nothing in its support.   You can argue against the theory, sure.  But to start with that is only to discredit yourself.

To many it's just a story made up by someone who wants to show how clever he is.

I agree with you.  Many people do indeed engage in ad-hominem attacks on people who support the theory.  I hope you're not going to be one of them.

No.  That's not the reason.  It is frankly dishonest to say that those who have suggested the theory have offered nothing in its support.   You can argue against the theory, sure.  But to start with that is only to discredit yourself.

I agree with you.  Many people do indeed engage in ad-hominem attacks on people who support the theory.  I hope you're not going to be one of them.

This is a topic about whether or not Daario is Euron, so you could offer some of this evidence you claim exists instead of merely stating that all arguments against it are "feeble and thoughtless". It should be easy since you have "no trouble defending it". I've never seen any compelling evidence that would lead me to believe Daario is Euron -- anecdotal I know, but that has been my experience. Perhaps there's evidence with which I'm not familiar.

Something not being true is a perfectly good reason for something to be unpopular, especially when discussing  book series. I can say the world is flat as much as I want. and because it isn't true I would have no right to expect respect in any response to my argument. That is why it is crackpot  

Something not being true is a perfectly good reason for something to be unpopular, especially when discussing  book series.

Opining that it is not true is perfectly legitimate.  Claiming that no-one has given any reasons for believing it to be true is lying.  To then attack their motives for having different opinions is ad-hominem behavior.

I really don't see what's the problem with this.

Daario can't be Euron (or Benjen) because those characters are seen in different places that are too apart from each other in a brief space of time at the same moment.

And no, "magic" can't be used as an excuse because no magic artefact that would help this person that is with Dany and leads his own sellsword company IN ESSOS suddenly appear in PYKE to lead his Ironborn to war has been so far introduced. And also no, we cannot way "well, but it might be introduced" because with that logic I can say "well, maybe Stannis invents firearms and gets crowned King!".

We cannot assume things that have not even been hinted in text, at least if we want to discuss the story seriously.

Daario can't be Euron (or Benjen) because those characters are seen in different places that are too apart from each other in a brief space of time.

No one has ever demonstrated this.  

At a steady 12 knots, Daario/Euron can sail from Slaver's Bay to the Iron Islands in under 3 weeks.  This, admittedly, implies near-perfect winds all the time, and would normally be impossible.  But it is directly hinted in the text that Euron may have the power to "always have fair winds" due to his occult alliance with the Storm God.

Daario went absent from Dany for months at a time, not once, but twice.

Meanwhile Euron sails into the Iron Islands, claims the Seastone Chair, puts old Erik on the Chair as his regent, and sails off into the sunset (ahead of Victarion).   He is seen only once thereafter, when he pops into the Shield Islands after they were conquered (by Victarion).

Archived