Army Reservist sues Oklahoma Gun range for refusing to sell him range time for being Muslim

Ser Scot A Ellison

Could the range reorganize as a club if it wishes to preserve the ability to exclude religious shooters? I remember some Utah night clubs would do business under the guise that they were clubs and not subject to some of the states stringent alcohol controls. You had to pay your cover at the door and they called it a membership fee. It was all rather silly but I wonder whether places like gun ranges couldnt employ the same tactics to keep out people they do not approve of?

11 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Could the range reorganize as a club if it wishes to preserve the ability to exclude religious shooters? I remember some Utah night clubs would do business under the guise that they were clubs and not subject to some of the states stringent alcohol controls. You had to pay your cover at the door and they called it a membership fee. It was all rather silly but I wonder whether places like gun ranges couldnt employ the same tactics to keep out people they do not approve of?

DWS,

Yes, if it organizes as a private club they could.  A boycott would be the only possible remedy.

Archived