[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

27 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, agree. What they have in common it's the friendship and that they are totally alone, except for Hodor. Meera lost her brother and Bran can't walk for himself.

I wonder if the show will handle the frustration that Bran has when he knows he won't walk again, after this journey. And that he has to cope with being a greenseer, because he doesn't want that in the books, but feels it's his duty.

There's also the part of that he doesn't want to marry a tree. In this sense, this words are a reference to his feelings for Meera, but in the show they have not been explored yet IMO.

This is the saddest part of Bran's story. Despite all the power he could have, he doesn't want to marry a tree. :(

I don't think they will develop this relationship on the show. But I think it would be very interesting: they are two teenagers who are alone, away from their homes and families, their brothers died. Because of all these circumstances, it would be natural for them to become involved romantically. That would add another aspect of the story of Bran.

2 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

Welcome to the thread.:wub:

This idea is one that I too have had.  Jon thinks he is Stark - learning the truth will make him MAD! Mad with vengeance.

Jon will be majorly disillusioned - and his identity will be thrown deeper into turmoil.

Imagine how anyone would feel to have been lied to his entire life?

Thank you!

The Targaryen madness must be strong here. It doesn't help that Jon may turn into a grey character since his resurrection, betrayal, and possible warging has turn his morals upside down.

4 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

NOOOOO.

Hodor is too big - his girth, height, and his MANHOOD.

He will split Meera in half!

Well there's a reason why first book offer a passage about Hodor's nakedness and the show reveal his mandhood on-screen, so...

3 minutes ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

This is the saddest part of Bran's story. Despite all the power he could have, he doesn't want to marry a tree. :(

I don't think they will develop this relationship on the show. But I think it would be very interesting: they are two teenagers who are alone, away from their homes and families, their brothers died. Because of all these circumstances, it would be natural for them to become involved romantically. That would add another aspect of the story of Bran.

I would love if it happened. For me, would be just perfect. But as you, I don't think it will happen. If it happens, then I'd be thrilled

1 minute ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

Thanks for the new Bran image.

I do think that D&D might explore such a love story.  If they did it right, it could be very compelling and romantic.

I dated a man bound to a wheelchair.  Such handicaps can make lovemaking a completely different experience.  Moreover, the equipment still works.

3 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

I do think that D&D might explore such a love story.  If they did it right, it could be very compelling and romantic.

I dated a man bound to a wheelchair.  Such handicaps can make lovemaking a completely different experience.  Moreover, the equipment still works.

It would be amazing, because they have chemistry, both in the books and in the show. But this show only explores some of the relationships from the books, and some of them (like JaiBri) are not as good as it should be, or develop in a strange fashion (Jaime and Bri were great until 4.5 Oathkeeper, then they don't think of eachother again, while in the  books it's very different) Ok. This is not the place to discuss that. I'll shut up.

1 minute ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Thank you!

The Targaryen madness must be strong here. It doesn't help that Jon may turn into a grey character since his resurrection, betrayal, and possible warging has turn his morals upside down.

Well there's a reason why first book offer a passage about Hodor's nakedness and the show reveal his mandhood on-screen, so...

Bran will be a gentle, attentive lover.  And while in Hodor, Bran will feel his fear.  Take it slow - with Bran's nature and Hodor's fear, their love will transcend the physical plane.

However, I do think Bran will not need to skinchange with Hodor for Meera to live him in physical and spiritual ways.

3 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

You're welcome!

D&D don't care about romantic relationships that don't involve incest, sex or manipulation. This is sad.

Just now, evita mgfs said:

Bran will be a gentle, attentive lover.  And while in Hodor, Bran will feel his fear.  Take it slow - with Bran's nature and Hodor's fear, their love will transcend the physical plane.

However, I do think Bran will not need to skinchange with Hodor for Meera to live him in physical and spiritual ways.

Let's all hope this way.

Remind myself that was only a crackpot. Just a crackpot...

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

It would be amazing, because they have chemistry, both in the books and in the show. But this show only explores some of the relationships from the books, and some of them (like JaiBri) are not as good as it should be, or develop in a strange fashion (Jaime and Bri were great until 4.5 Oathkeeper, then they don't think of eachother again, while in the  books it's very different) Ok. This is not the place to discuss that. I'll shut up.

Really? I don't think they have chemistry on the show. Maybe because of the age difference. Regarding Jaime and Brienne, I agree with you.

1 minute ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

You're welcome!

D&D don't care about romantic relationships that don't involve incest, sex or manipulation. This is sad.

:bawl:Isn't this the truth!

Yet, they sure had no problem with Tyrion getting it on with assorted women - so maybe they could make it sick enough to appeal to them. I do not want to go there!

4 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

Yes I agree. Hodor is not necessary for this purpose and Bran certainly can do the work.

3 minutes ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

Really? I don't think they have chemistry on the show. Maybe because of the age difference. Regarding Jaime and Brienne, I agree with you.

I think they have chemistry based on the short interactions they have had, bt agree that not the greatest of the chemistries (JaiBri's acting when together it's from a different world). But give them space and time to develop, and I see that chemistry,

By the way....there's something we have not explored yet.....TOwer of Joy=Howland Reed. Will he finally appear? Will Meera tell Bran something about Lyanna?

16 minutes ago, Lady of Butterflies said:
1 minute ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

i said control her not hodor!!!

WELCOME TO OUR THREAD! :grouphug: I am trying to catch up with all the great posts.  This made me howl!:rofl:

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think they have chemistry based on the short interactions they have had, bt agree that not the greatest of the chemistries (JaiBri's acting when together it's from a different world). But give them space and time to develop, and I see that chemistry,

By the way....there's something we have not explored yet.....TOwer of Joy=Jojen Reed. Will he finally appear? Will Meera tell something about Lyanna?

I think the actors have chemistry. Did you see this interview? 

But I can't see any romantic chemistry between the characters. But it could certainly develop.

Regarding the Tower of Joy, I want them to involve Meera in the story. Her father was there, he saved Ned's life.

4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

By the way....there's something we have not explored yet.....TOwer of Joy=Howland Reed. Will he finally appear? Will Meera tell Bran something about Lyanna?

Hey, in an interview, Martin said that the Reeds "know some things" - inference TOJ.

And I have read that Hodor will be in this scene.

Just now, Lady of Butterflies said:

I think the actors have chemistry. Did you see this interview? 

But I can't see any romantic chemistry between the characters. But it could certainly develop.

Regarding the Tower of Joy, I want them to involve Meera in the story. Her father was there, he saved Ned's life.

Yes!!! I saw them! That's why I think they have chemistry! They are great

Archived