Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rocksniffer

Jon Snow lives???!!??? SPOILER ARE SURE TO FOLLOW

Recommended Posts

I spent the last two years (after finishing reading the books) hoping that Jon Snow would come back to life. Revived by Melisandre, by the fire they will burn him on (because of his Targ heritage), by the Old Gods, by Bran, by Ghost, by the weirwood! 

After seeing the first episode, The Red Woman, this hope simply waned. What would a revived Jon be like? All resurrections we've seen on the show and in the books so far did not go well at all. He wouldn't be the same, and something everyone has hoped so intensely would come at the price of bitter disappointment. 

Maybe this is what the show wanted, to put people in a state of... peace? With the fact that he's dead? Come to terms with it, mourn and figure out how to go forward from this point.

Deep inside, a part of me still wants Jon to come back, but there'a bigger part of me that's really afraid of being disappointed in the outcome and hoping it never happened at all.

My two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SedNonSatiata said:

I spent the last two years (after finishing reading the books) hoping that Jon Snow would come back to life. Revived by Melisandre, by the fire they will burn him on (because of his Targ heritage), by the Old Gods, by Bran, by Ghost, by the weirwood! 

After seeing the first episode, The Red Woman, this hope simply waned. What would a revived Jon be like? All resurrections we've seen on the show and in the books so far did not go well at all. He wouldn't be the same, and something everyone has hoped so intensely would come at the price of bitter disappointment. 

Maybe this is what the show wanted, to put people in a state of... peace? With the fact that he's dead? Come to terms with it, mourn and figure out how to go forward from this point.

Deep inside, a part of me still wants Jon to come back, but there'a bigger part of me that's really afraid of being disappointed in the outcome and hoping it never happened at all.

My two cents.

But he's also unlikely to be resurrected like the others were. The received wisdom is that he left his body and entered Ghost where he is now trapped. Trapped that is until some other agency resurrects his body and allows him to re-enter it. If he is to be the 'song of ice and fire' and/or Azhor Ahai reborn then he has to be more than a shell like the other 'rebirths'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clash said:

But he's also unlikely to be resurrected like the others were. The received wisdom is that he left his body and entered Ghost where he is now trapped. Trapped that is until some other agency resurrects his body and allows him to re-enter it. If he is to be the 'song of ice and fire' and/or Azhor Ahai reborn then he has to be more than a shell like the other 'rebirths'.

Totally agree with that. As a book reader, for the first time I see myself shivering in anticipation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the fire could bring Jon back - even if he is a Targaryen (which I believe is true), he's not immune to fire the way Dany is. He got burnt when saving Mormont from the wight, remember?

Also, he's been dead for at least a couple of hours now. Maybe not the best idea to resurrect him - he might be very changed and not the same as before. Hm. Now that I think about it... if he changes by being resurrected, maybe I could finally like him. Because so far, I don't. I never liked him in the books, and Kit Harington only made things worse. So basically, I'd be fine if Jon just stayed dead. Also, I don't see Melisandre reviving him in her current state. She seems downcast and depressed, she seems to doubt her faith, and that she has seen Jon at Winterfell in her flames - well, she has seen a lot of things in the flames that didn't happen. She was wrong about Stannis, she could also be wrong about Jon. We'll see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clash said:

But he's also unlikely to be resurrected like the others were. The received wisdom is that he left his body and entered Ghost where he is now trapped. Trapped that is until some other agency resurrects his body and allows him to re-enter it. If he is to be the 'song of ice and fire' and/or Azhor Ahai reborn then he has to be more than a shell like the other 'rebirths'.

Resurrection in the books is likely very different from the show.

I don't think the show has to make such a great deal of the matter as GRRM who states that he won't write POV chapters for such a character. Which is a big hint that book Jon wargs into Ghost and back. So he never fully dies.

Warging wouldn't really work in the show and its not so necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2016 at 10:26 AM, hallam said:

Resurrection in the books is likely very different from the show.

I don't think the show has to make such a great deal of the matter as GRRM who states that he won't write POV chapters for such a character. Which is a big hint that book Jon wargs into Ghost and back. So he never fully dies.

Warging wouldn't really work in the show and its not so necessary.

there has been warging on the show by at least two wildlings and by bran...so "warging doesn't really work on the show" is news to me...

:smoking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×