Houses of the Vale

norwaywolf123

55 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

But there are Arryns in Gulltown

Doesn't matter, Harry is the heir regardless of his last name, Gulltown Arryns are very distant relatives while Harry is Jon Arryns great nephew.

1 hour ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Arhh! I wanted to say that i do not remember that only mainlands andals fought in this battle. I should write more clearly.

We dont get much inforamtion about this age "Andal-First Men clash over the vale" so we must just make guesses. I based mine on the names. Firts Men names are often descriptive like Blackwood, Manderly "the mander is a river in the reach so the manderlys come from there", Gardener, Hightower and Stark. The Valyrian names have alot of Y's and names like Aegon Saera Jaehaera. Andal names im notsure how to explain

imple Definition of stark

• : having a very plain and often cold or empty appearance

• : unpleasant and difficult to accept or experience

• : very obvious : very plain and easily seen

10 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

There were 1 Royce king and he was not king of the vale just of the firstmen of the vale, while there have been 100s  of Arryn kings. Maybe the boltons should be king in the north too since they ruled it briefly? No house arryn is the top dog in the vale and will continu to be so.

Taken directly from the wiki: "High King of the Vale, the Fingers, and the Mountains of the Moon was the title claimed by Robar II Royce, the Bronze King of House Royce, when he unified all the First Men in the Vale proper, the Fingers and the Mountains of the Moon under his rule with the goal of fighting against the Andal invaders, who had already carved out kingdoms for themselves by taking advantage of the rivalries between the First Men."

And yes he was King of the Vale because there were no Andal kingdoms in that area at the time. And as for your suggestion that House Bolton should rule the North because they ruled it briefly? When has House Bolton EVER laid claim to the entire north (save for being named Warden of the North in the books)? And House Bolton could be King in the North, but they'd have a hard time doing it, they are only Warden because the other Northern houses have kin who are hostages. House Royce would have an easier time claiming the Vale once the Arryns are extinct.

And as to your point of "were 1 Royce King"... The Royce's were the Bronze Kings during the Age of Heroes. And if you look at what Robar II did, he unified Houses for the defense against a common enemy. The Vale is very much going in that direction at the moment too. Sweetrobin won't last much longer, Harry has absolutely no character development and I've seen many speculate he will die too, the Arryn's of Gulltown are a cadet branch and have no love with the main branch and that means if you were to gain favor with the Arryn main branch, you would not be friendly with the cadet branch in Gulltown, so I'd argue that House Arryn of Gulltown has no friends if they were to claim the Eyrie and dominion over the Vale.

House Royce will be the house to unite the Vale against the Others. House Arryn of the Eyrie will go extinct and House Arryn of Gulltown can suck eggs.

Also: You can't just say that House Arryn is top dog and will continue to do so and then give absolutely no evidence as to how they would do so. Doesn't make for good debates.

Is there any evidence that House Moore exists aside from the mysterious character Ser Mandon Moore? I think he may be someone important in disguise, and Jon Arryn invented House Moore (or used the name of an already-extinct house) to get the guy a job in King's Landing.

The Arryn's in Gulltown are a distantly related branch of the family, that will not rule the Vale. Harry is the closer relation (grandson of Jon's sister) and has been confirmed as Robin Arryn's heir. Therefore, unless Harry takes on the Arryn name (which, to be fair, he might) the house dies out and the Hardyng's rule the Vale.

On 5/1/2016 at 9:21 AM, norwaywolf123 said:

What about the Arryns of Gulltown?

Nobody respects the Arryns of Gulltown. The scattered branches of Arryns across the Vale have the name but probably not much else meaning they bring notbing but their name to the table.  Meaning they dont have the power or strenth to actually make a serious amount of noise to be taken seriously by the other lords.of the Vale to press their claim. This is especially exaggerated if the best claimiant they could find of breeding and birth was HtH.

House Arryn is either extinct or exiled. Robin Arryn may be declared mentally unstable. I truly believe this is Littlefingers plan in the first place. The rule goes to Harry. Sansa and he wed they have a kid Harry has an accident.  But before most of that the wildcard comes into play. Tyrion. 

Archived