[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

2 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Jaime will be holding her neck and choking her after she tells him that she poisoned both of them. He prob falls dead in her arms.

I think he'll be fighting alone side Brienne when his moment of life and death comes. The flames of their swords determining their fate.

12 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Or the irony being he dies in Cersei’s arms but when he is no longer in love with her. Thus he got his wish in way but in way he did not want.

Mayhaps. But given his yearning glances at Tarth, GRRM’s Beauty and the Beast arc, and the weirwood dream/Oathkeeper+Widow's Wail, I believe his destiny is with Brienne. Agree to disagree.

11 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Jaime will be holding her neck and choking her after she tells him that she poisoned both of them. He prob falls dead in her arms.

Oops. Double posted. I'll take this opportunity to again share that the script states that Jaime is never looking back again.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c45c9c696c70a7f37b7cbc3680f01c83/tumblr_ouga44N4xV1wuoip6o2_1280.jpg

https://78.media.tumblr.com/dd5bc83462893053b82bb0fecfb21cba/tumblr_ouga44N4xV1wuoip6o1_1280.png

:lmao:

17 minutes ago, larastone said:

just because jaime wants to die in the arms of his loved woman doesn't mean that he'll get his wish. its possible that the opposite can happen. in that case scenario, that its cersei who ends up dying in his arms instead oops

Then maybe Olena won't get her wish as well. Speaking about prophecies, if it only fits one's convenience doesn't sound convincing for the others.

2 minutes ago, sapphire_lion said:

Mayhaps. But give his yearning glances to Tarth, GRRM’s Beauty and the Beast arc, and the weirwood dream, I believe his destiny is with Brienne. Agree to disagree.

We will find out in 2019

just remember 

https://www.google.com/search?q=romeo+and+juliet+death&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiliNzGwvPWAhVU6GMKHUZHCNAQ_AUIEigB&biw=414&bih=622#imgrc=auqtKKYHi33ruM:

7 minutes ago, sapphire_lion said:

He's already walked away. And the script says he is never looking back again. The evidence is quite strong, even if you disagree.

Maybe. But I'm more inclined to go with the script notes, thanks. 

Exactly! LOL

Maybe no one is gonna develop as characters as well! Maybe Arya will be no one, Sansa will love pretty princes bc she said so once, or whatever.

It has HAPPENED!

As for the Romeo and Juliet ending, just add that their relationship is the antithesis of them, LOL

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:

Exactly! LOL

Maybe no one is gonna develop as characters as well! Maybe Arya will be no one, Sansa will love pretty princes bc she said so once, or whatever.

It has HAPPENED!

As for the Romeo and Juliet ending, just add that their relationship is the antithesis of them, LOL

You act as if GRRM is above taking the structure of a story and twisting it around. Their relationship does not have to be one to one to have the same ending. 

That ending is heavily foreshadowed in the show.  

21 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

That does not mean he is trying to work the system from the inside. All it means is he convinced Cersei to not take an extreme measure in one instance. It says nothing about his motivation for staying with Cersei. This is the same scene were Jaime specifically says in response to Olena saying she is a monster: 

JAIME: To you, sure. To others as well. But after we've won and there's no one left to oppose us, the people living peaceful in the world she built, do you really think they'll wring their hands over the way she built it?

What about that comment makes you think this guy is staying with Cersei to moderate her? There is no comment Jaime has ever made that suggests his motivation for staying with cersei is to moderate her. He might moderate her at times but that is not why he stayed with her.

it literally took Cersei risking the destruction of the human race and her ploting with euron behind his back for him to break it off. 

As for looking at Tarth not sure that implies at all he is meant to be with Brienne. Also his comment about wanting to die in the arms of the woman he loves is about Cersei. Bronn said as much. And Jaime himself says how he loves Cersei after that comment in 6x08:

JAIME: That’s exactly why I came here. I love Cersei. You can laugh at that if you want. You can sneer. It doesn’t matter. She needs me. And to get back to her, I have to take Riverrun. I’ll send for your baby boy.

Note that Cersei blew up the sept when Jaime was in the riverlands. He wasn't involved in planning or executing the plan. He was trying to ally with olenna before he left for the riverlands to overthrow the high sparrow. Even in the conversation with Olenna, he says his end goal is to have a peaceful world for the people.

I'm not saying Jaime was with Cersei to moderate her behavior. He was with her because he loved her. But he was certainly trying to control her impulses. He didn't approve of her behavior, but he couldn't get himself to break with her. What I'm saying is wasn't doing her bidding blindly.

On the ship, I'm sure Jaime had Cersei in his mind. But the woman he loves can change from the time when he was on the boat till the time he dies.

And as for the conversation with Edmure, Cersei had needed Jaime at that time. Her trial was impending. But I don't believe he would have killed the boy.

2 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Note that Cersei blew up the sept when Jaime was in the riverlands. He wasn't involved in planning or executing the plan. He was trying to ally with olenna before he left for the riverlands to overthrow the high sparrow. Even in the conversation with Olenna, he says his end goal is to have a peaceful world for the people.

I'm not saying Jaime was with Cersei to moderate her behavior. He was with her because he loved her. But he was certainly trying to control her impulses. He didn't approve of her behavior, but he couldn't get himself to break with her. What I'm saying is wasn't doing her bidding blindly.

On the ship, I'm sure Jaime had Cersei in his mind. But the woman he loves can change from the time when he was on the boat till the time he dies.

And as for the conversation with Edmure, Cersei had needed Jaime at that time. Her trial was impending. But I don't believe he would have killed the boy.

Why? Because Jaime is above throwing boys out of windows for Cersei?

23 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

You act as if GRRM is above taking the structure of a story and twisting it around. Their relationship does not have to be one to one to have the same ending. 

That ending is heavily foreshadowed in the show.  

The ending will not be with Cersei, that's for sure. George would not write something as mediocre as that.

As for the foreshadowing in the show, nothing from it. Cersei, the one who thinks that she is in power and still thinks that will have another baby, and will defeat the ww's, .actually no! Because she is not Maggy the Frog. And the books corroborate that even more, since she is acting like a paranoid who thinks that Jaime is still on her side.

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

The ending will not be with Cersei, that's for sure. George would not write such a crap

As for the foreshadowing in the show, nothing from it. Cersei, the one who thinks that she is in power and still thinks that will have another baby, and will defeat the ww's, .actually no! Because she is not Maggy the Frog. And the books corroborate that even more, since she is acting like a paranoid who thinks that Jaime is still on her side.

Are you saying you don’t think there is foreshadowing for it in the show?

also saying that the end won’t be with Cersie because George wouldn’t write such a crap is not really an argument. Thats just saying George wouldn't write that because I wouldn’t like it. Which does not mean it wouldn’t happen. Just that you wouldn’t like it if it does.

12 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Because he isn't the same man that threw Bran out the window.

I don’t know if we have seen anything to indicate that other than getting his point of view. 

I have not seen anything to make me think he would not have thrown Bran out the window again since not throwing Bran out the window runs the risk of having Cersei, their three kids and himself killed for treason. 

5 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Jaime dying with Cersei? No

What Cersei says is exactly the opposite of what will happen.

Its not just Cersei. Its Olena. Its Jaime himself. 

Well the good thing about you not seeing it though is that this will really be the third huge twist since apparently its not obvious enough yet.

This show is based on the books, and in the books it's super clear that Cersei is paranoic, and what she wants is exactly what won't happen.

Example:

I love you Jaime. Save me.

And what he does is burning the letter

She still thinks that they belong with each other, upto the point of them dying together.

The show, conversely, added a line about Him wanting to die in the arms of the woman he loves, and if Jaime dies, (and that's  not necessarily true since NOT ALL THE LINES are foreshadowing) it will be next to Brienne. 

Does she want the same thing? emphasizes

- if Jaime is thinking of Cersei: that Jaime is not sure if Cersei loves him as much as him (or as much as he thinks he still loves her)- (despite saying they belong together, will die together, oh so romantic, etc) because, for the first time he is "told" by Bronn that Cersei is not good for him. Bronn understands that Cersei doens't love him. She'd not stay with him, she'd simply use him and abandon him if he was dying.

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Jaime dying with Cersei? No

What Cersei says is exactly the opposite of what will happen.

I don't think the show has been foreshadowing Jaime dying with Cersei either. Jaime literally made the choice that would save him from Cersei being the death of him, he left her. The script states he is never looking back again. The Valonqar was cut from the show entirely (because it's not what everyone thinks it is). The Old Gods showed Jaime diverging from all the Lannisters. The show has upheld what the Old Gods prophesied. Jaime left Cersei and his Lannister uniform behind. He and Brienne will be up North with their twin swords. That is his future. And if he dies, his end (with Brienne by his side).

Archived