Would Jaimie ever be allowed to take control of the whole Lannister force?

Adam Shanks

I wondered this myself.  It's totally unclear who is currently Lord of Casterley Rock.  We are meant to think its Kevan, I guess, but with Jaime out of the KG his claim should be stronger.  People did refer to him as "my Lord" in this episode so maybe he is.  

Anyway if Jaime is lord of CR he can technically order the Lannister forces to do what he likes.  Of course if it's against the crowns wishes he could be charged with treason.

I think since the show hasn't approached the "I will disinherit you if you don't leave the Kingsguard" topic properly since S04E01 anymore and Jaime shortly after was willing to become the Lord of Casterly Rock if Tywin let's Tyrion live (which was messed up a bit by the whole trial by combat demand ;o) - so I suppose Jaime is now in fact the show's Lord of Casterly Rock - and that's why HE (not Kevan) marched the Lannister army to Riverrun.....

Unfortunately it was never mentioned who is running the Lannister estate now - whether it is Kevan,Jaime or even Cersei - the show doesn't seem to care about nullities like this.... or it happened off-screen like soooo many other important things ;o)

Yeah, it's totally unclear who is the head of House Lannister atm. After the death of Tywin, Cersei was the head. After Jaime was kicked out of Kingsguard, I have zero idea if Jaime automatically jumps ahead of Cersei or if Cersei remains the head. However Kevan definitely is not the head despite his impudence with which he acts as one. He is not even in the main line! The line of inheritance is: head: Cersei/Jaime, then Jaime/Cersei, then Tommen and then Kevan. At the beginning of GOT, Tyrion was the heir but he is a wanted criminal so he is not considered to be an heir anymore.

So in fact Jaime should not have any problems to control the Lannister armies because he or Cersei is the head of the House. But somewhere between Tywin's death and Cersei's walk of atonement Kevan came to conclusion that he is the head, although I don't see by which logic, aside from D&D one.

Archived