Magic Dragonglass and Dragons

grufolo

Looking up this thread on the genral forum:

I think this would be much more interesting now that we know something from the show that is not available to "show unsullied" (people only reading books but not watching the show).

If ice dragons exist and IF they are created similarly to "Ice Men" (the Others/WW), would an ice dragon be the result of the same magic ritual performed to the man in Season 6, but on a "fire" dragon?

Would the COTF have that magic power to pervert such a mighty magical creature?

2 hours ago, grufolo said:

Looking up this thread on the genral forum:

I think this would be much more interesting now that we know something from the show that is not available to "show unsullied" (people only reading books but not watching the show).

If ice dragons exist and IF they are created similarly to "Ice Men" (the Others/WW), would an ice dragon be the result of the same magic ritual performed to the man in Season 6, but on a "fire" dragon?

Would the COTF have that magic power to pervert such a mighty magical creature?

I've always suspected that children warging dragons was the main reason the Targs never officially conquered the north. Rather, Torrhen Stark bent the knee after a long night of back-and-forth negotiations. The thing about that is, what could they possibly be negotiating? Aegon the Conqueror would merely say "submit or get roasted", so what did Torrhen have that would cause him to negotiate?

I'm still not sold on the ice dragon, though. We've seen no sign of one in the show, and even in the books they are the stuff of myth and legend.

What was disturbing in the last season -- if anyone happened to catch it -- is the way the NK and his WW walked straight through the burning barricade that the children set up around the cave. It doesn't seem like fire bothers them very much, which means Dany's dragons might not be as affective on them is many people think.

1 hour ago, KINGpanther said:

If an Ice Dragon is in the show it is likely Bran will warg it, kill the Night King and take the dead army as his but stop it from hitting Westeros.

I don't think that would be good literature

25 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

I've always suspected that children warging dragons was the main reason the Targs never officially conquered the north. Rather, Torrhen Stark bent the knee after a long night of back-and-forth negotiations. The thing about that is, what could they possibly be negotiating? Aegon the Conqueror would merely say "submit or get roasted", so what did Torrhen have that would cause him to negotiate?

I'm still not sold on the ice dragon, though. We've seen no sign of one in the show, and even in the books they are the stuff of myth and legend.

What was disturbing in the last season -- if anyone happened to catch it -- is the way the NK and his WW walked straight through the burning barricade that the children set up around the cave. It doesn't seem like fire bothers them very much, which means Dany's dragons might not be as affective on them is many people think.

Ok i can see that point, but if not that, what lurks in the crypts under Winterfell?

Archived