Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

I'll be the first to go on record that IF . . .

1. George finishes the series

2. Subterranean finishes the limited edition series

3. HBO finishes the series.

. . . that a complete lettered set including Subterranean Press' versions of Game and Clash will go for 25,000 around the time of the series finale on HBO.

Higher or lower?

Dennis

Well that's fantastic news! Assuming you ever decide to sell it. :D

I'm having a heck of a time with the private messaging here. I think I'm too much of a noob to have access, but I swear I sent one the other day.

we've had to turn that system off until we get a new server. We have so much traffic right now that the full suite of software can't run properly without causing database errors. Thus, most of the extras are unavailable at this time. Ran and Linda are in touch with our site host and will be getting a better server in the near future. :)

I've just purchased Clash/Storm/Feast in #100. If anyone can help me track down where Game #100 is, I'd appreciate it.

Am I best served by trying to acquire ANY copy of this, and then if I ever do find the #100 a trade could occur much easier, since whoever has that won't have a full set?

If anyone has one of these for sale, toss an offer my way, or if you know what they're going for lately, I'd like to hear.

I'll be the first to go on record that IF . . .

1. George finishes the series

2. Subterranean finishes the limited edition series

3. HBO finishes the series.

. . . that a complete lettered set including Subterranean Press' versions of Game and Clash will go for 25,000 around the time of the series finale on HBO.

Higher or lower?

Dennis

Have any similar fantasy collector's book sets gotten prices like that? The Donald Grant Dark Tower set, etc.?

Wow, in a crazy ebay conversation with the user paullapinski, who just posted auctions for two copies of Meisha Merlin Game of Thrones.

He's got #45 and #114.

Sound familiar?

Yes, these are two of the books user kishkeking was selling earlier this year!

He claims to have purchased them at an estate sale, along with boxes upon boxes of other books.

Any chance the kishkeking user actually DIED, which is why the shipments wouldn't have gone out? He's going to show me photos of the numbered pages as proof that he has these copies.

Initially I was afraid this was a scam, but it appears these are the actual copies.

What seems like a fair price? I offered $1225 based on the sale of #71 a few weeks ago.

I made a few offers. He wants 1350, but he is lying out his ass about what other offers he has received. I would say 1200 is a fair price for a numbered version.

He could also BE kishkeking and be double selling them. Interesting, though. If these were technically sold already I wonder if users have any recourse.

A member from page one of this topic claimed to have the rest of the #45s. Does anyone know how to contact him? Perhaps the publisher will have his contact information on file. I'm sure he'd want it and we'd reunite another set!

EDIT: He just took and posted a photo of #45's signed page.

Here's the last message I got from him. Guess we'll hear back tomorrow. Hope no one bites on those huge BIN prices before we get the whole story.

I just followed that link you sent me. It's too late for me to post anything on that forum. Maybe tomorrow. If anyone wants photos of the books with next to today's paper, fine. I don't know anything about kishking. Again. I bought these at an estate sale auction with many other books. Can you tell the other person on that forum that the highest offer I've received so far is $1300.

Can anyone who bought from kishkeking confirm it shipped from the same section of the country this user is from (Maryland).

Best evidence that this guy is legit is that he is (or at least seems to be) using his real name. Profile on Facebook with same name would put him in that general area. Philly/Delaware. Obviously don't know if that is actually him or not.

I have no idea what offers he has received, I just know that he told me that multiple people had made offers in the 1300 range when there were only two total offers, one of them mine and not even in the ballpark. Nothing wrong with negotiating hard, but it helps if I can't tell you are full of it.

He says he bought these on June 22nd in New Jersey. So I guess we should ask the people who confirmed purchases of kishkeking's auction's if they shipped from New Jersey area. However, PMs are disabled so unless someone here knows how to contact them we're probably stuck!

I'm pretty convinced this is legit though at this point. Now the question is what price point these will close at.

I've got an unnumbered remainder copy of MM Clash, perfect condition. It is 100% identical to the numbered copies, except, of course, the number line is blank. When I bought it the seller had about 10 more to sell. Any idea on what the value of it would be these days?

I've got an unnumbered remainder copy of MM Clash, perfect condition. It is 100% identical to the numbered copies, except, of course, the number line is blank. When I bought it the seller had about 10 more to sell. Any idea on what the value of it would be these days?

I would say the value is probably around 500-600 legitimately. However, there has been some serious inflation in most of the series recently (First printings of the regular hardcovers and the MM Game of Thrones). I haven't seen much indication that Clash is experiencing similar growth, however, but I have only seen one sell (in the UK for around 550 on eBay) in the time frame.

If you don't mind, would you give me the seller info. I sold mine a ways back because I couldn't find a matching game, so an unnumbered one might work for me if the price was right.

Theswordofthemoring at yahoo.com

Thanks

I would say the value is probably around 500-600 legitimately. However, there has been some serious inflation in most of the series recently (First printings of the regular hardcovers and the MM Game of Thrones). I haven't seen much indication that Clash is experiencing similar growth, however, but I have only seen one sell (in the UK for around 550 on eBay) in the time frame.

If you don't mind, would you give me the seller info. I sold mine a ways back because I couldn't find a matching game, so an unnumbered one might work for me if the price was right.

Theswordofthemoring at yahoo.com

Thanks

Oh I bought it from the dealer at bloodyrarebooks dot com. Looks like he has a numbered copy going for $750 now, but who knows, maybe he has more of the unnumbereds. In theory, I supposed you could make them any number you want

Archived