How Many Story Threads Next Season?

MoreOrLess

I'm wondering how many major story threads we might see next season and how indeed this might relate to how much the show can cover as I'd guess we could be in a situation were we deal with each major plot every episode(bar any 1-2 plot epics).

The biggest unknown to me seems to be around the Riverlands where you have Ayra, The Hound/Brotherhood, Brienne, Edmure and potentially now Mel as well. All of these plots seem to have potential to link into each other pretty quickly which would obviously slim down the overall number considerably.

I think through the whole season it will be only three main ones, really. Daenerys and her campaign, Cersei and Jaime in King's Landing, Jon and Sansa in Winterfell.

The disparate elements will quickly or without much fuss join one of the big three, with the exception of Sam in Oldtown and Euron who'll be linked with each other I believe. Bran, Brienne, The Hound and Arya are going to Winterfell, Melisandre and Jorah are going to Daenerys, and that's it really.

In the North, I think they're going to be dealing with intrigue involving Littlefinger and the Vale, along with preparing for the White Walker invasion. There's plenty for them to do with those storylines for them to even consider turning an eye south.

I think Dany is going to inherit Aegon's storyline as it were and land in the Stormlands. That will be the setting of the Lannister-Targaryen conflict, with a slow advance on King's Landing, quite possiblely with the season climaxing with Dany's army approaching the capital.

The Riverlands would seem to be playing a minor role given they put Arya there and re-introduced both the Hound and the BwB. The other subplot would seem to be Sam at Oldtown doing... whatever it is he'll be doing. Euron might interfere with that, or join with Cersei. Either way he's not going to be independently carrying another storyline.

Looking forward to the Lannister family reunion,.

Archived