The Mad Queen

dsug

4 hours ago, Rex999 said:

I don't  agree with that

Two of the best episodes of the entire series were about the White Walkers and the Night King

( Hardhome and The Door )

Im not even sure I would call the White Walkers villains 

I actually like how D&D explains it

" I don’t think of the Night King as a villain as much as, Death. He is not like Joffrey, or Ramsey. He’s not really human anymore. To me, evil comes when you have a choice between that and good, and you choose the wrong way. The Night King doesn’t have a choice; he was created that way, and that’s what he is. In some ways, he’s just death, coming for everyone in the story, coming for all of us.

I personally would disagree.  I think the Winds of Winter was probably the best episode of the series. 

2 hours ago, LatrineDiggerBrian said:

YES. I hate zombies, they're like a natural disaster movie to me - just an unrelenting force of nature that acts predictably. I just don't get the whole allure of zombies, they're not scary at all. I'd much prefer if Euron or Cersei becomes the centerpiece villain some how, but probably won't happen since they've been inching towards this epic battle between the dead and living since the first episode.

The White Walkers are the endgame but you can only do 1 or 2 episodes with them as a centerpiece.  Prior to that, the focus will remain on the politics of Westros.  The whole thesis is that humanity and people's petty squabbles are taking the focus away from the ice zombies and winter.

7 hours ago, dsug said:

While I think an alliance between Cersei and Euron is possible, I doubt a marriage would ever happen. Cersei is in complete control of her life now. Tywin isn't there to force her to do anything.  Cersei will never marry again. 

I think she may allow him to attack Daenerys, refusing to act against him. 

I concur - Cersei will never allow politics or what someone else wants to change her decisions about who to take into her bed, or anything else really.  

However I think there's a good possibility that Cersei will propose marriage to Jaime because she wants to marry him.  This is everything Jaime told Cersei he ever wanted, but he'll realize that he doesn't want it anymore. That will be the point that he will see that she's completely unsalvageable. 

8 hours ago, dsug said:

While I think an alliance between Cersei and Euron is possible, I doubt a marriage would ever happen. Cersei is in complete control of her life now. Tywin isn't there to force her to do anything.  Cersei will never marry again. 

I think she may allow him to attack Daenerys, refusing to act against him. 

If King's Landing is under siege, surrounded by Dany's armies and blockaded by her fleet slowly being starved into submission she'd be hard pressed not to consider it. If she's looking defeat in the eye, and Euron is dangling at least partial salvation for a price, is she proud enough that she'd go down rather than make a temporary alliance she can break later on? After all in her own mind she took down Robert, why not this oaf as well?

Archived