Is this a hint that Dany will want to help fighting the Others?

Faydra

Quaithe's prophecy from ACOK says:

"To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east."

The last part of Quaithe's foreshadowing is quite clear: we saw that to reach Westeros Dany has to get an army from the eastern part of the next continent. Okay.

The other one is tricky. "To go north, you must..." implies that she will want to go north, which is intriguing since King's Landing is in the southern part of the continent (unless you're Dornish, but I doubt the prophecy refers to distances as short as Dorne and King's Landing). 

Does it mean that she will learn of the fight at the wall and conclude that she has to secure the Iron Throne in order to help there? 

It could be, I don't think that she would had stayed in KL for ever. She will move to the North in order to face the King there and make the Northmen bend the knee. Now, she may want to help with the Others but I am not sure that she will be able to do anything.

I think it is part of most peoples assumption that Dany will go North and battle the Others. Though who is to say what will happen when she arrives. There are too many unknowns at this point in the story to say how Dany's presence will affect the outcome.

But I believe your interpretation to be correct, unless Quaithe was only being metaphorical in the fact that Dany must do the seemingly opposite to accomplish her goals. And even if that were the case, why could there not be two meanings to her brain-twisting ramblings?

Dany will never step her foot into the North. She will fight the White Walkers on the Blue Fork of the Trident, like in the prophecy she saw fighting Usurper with his army in ice armor. 

Usurper is Jon in this case, who is new Stark King of Winter, coming south to take Iron Throne, which he has no right to take since Starks never had a claim on Iron Throne (I know R+L=J says otherwise, but Jon will be STARK king to the whole realm, not Targaryen, there is no way anyone will believe otherwise because he has the most Stark looks out of all Ned's children except Arya).

While Torrhen Stark bent the knee and gave up his crown to Targaryen monarch, this time it will be Stark king defeating Targaryen queen and her three dragons with help of hi brother Bran Stark (Brandon Snow parallel, who will help him to defeat dragons besides controlling the army of wights with his skinchanging abilities hube ). Something grandiose must happen between Jon and Drogon for all the realm to see so that southerners accept Jon Stark as their king. Either he will slay Drogon, or skinchange him, one of two.

Archived