'Watchmen' TV Series From Damon Lindelof on HBO {SPOILERS FROM PAGE 8}

AncalagonTheBlack

46 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

It was definitely Europa.  I recognized it from the texture of the ice.

Yeah, I don't know how anyone would have thought that was Mars or a moon or Mars.

This makes me wonder though, if we are in the psychic squid timeline, why is Dr. Manhatten not on Earth then?

31 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I was gaslit by thinking an official article on the internet wouldn't get a detail like that wrong.  They probably made the mistake of "Dr. M is on Mars so..."

Yeah, I mean, what am I saying, does the average person really have a good grasp on the dynamics of the solar system?  Of course not.

I still don't quite see then why Dr. M is on Mars at all though, something else must have gone down or something, I guess, that we haven't been told yet.

Not to mention just what that tower is for, aside that cryptic "for telling time" line.  I thought it was sort of "funny" that the pamphlets were called "The Watchtower" but my wife rightly pointed out to me that really is the actual real-life name of the Jehovah Witness newsletter.  I was thinking it might be a play on a "watch" (to tell time) and then the tower.  But, seems like no real connection really.

2 hours ago, .H. said:

This makes me wonder though, if we are in the psychic squid timeline, why is Dr. Manhatten not on Earth then?

Didn't he say he was going to another galaxy at the end of the comic? I'm thinking he just left one version of himself on Mars so humanity wouldn't feel he abandoned them. Does Lady Trieu run those Manhattan phone/prayer booths? If so maybe she's projecting a hologram to create the illusion he's on Mars because otherwise why would people pay to beam their messages there. 

6 hours ago, .H. said:

Yeah, I mean, what am I saying, does the average person really have a good grasp on the dynamics of the solar system?  Of course not.

I still don't quite see then why Dr. M is on Mars at all though, something else must have gone down or something, I guess, that we haven't been told yet.

Not to mention just what that tower is for, aside that cryptic "for telling time" line.  I thought it was sort of "funny" that the pamphlets were called "The Watchtower" but my wife rightly pointed out to me that really is the actual real-life name of the Jehovah Witness newsletter.  I was thinking it might be a play on a "watch" (to tell time) and then the tower.  But, seems like no real connection really.

There's no indication that Dr. M IS on mars. Only that the castle that they saw blow up was on Mars, and they know that's the work of Dr. M. They have no idea what he is doing. Trieu's booths aren't a guarantee either. 

Archived