Orell's eagle

Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn

3 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

We do...

Catelyn VII, Game 40

Alayne II, Feast 41

Thanks for the quotes.  Clearly the Eyrie is above the tree line, so why did they even try to establish a Godswood up there?  The Arryns appear to lack the understanding of what a tree line is because in the book universe they only offer up thin rocky soil as the reason why they couldn't get a weirwood to take root.  Maybe they thought that having the garden protected by the walls of the caste would be enough.

54 minutes ago, White Ravens said:

Thanks for the quotes.  Clearly the Eyrie is above the tree line, so why did they even try to establish a Godswood up there?  The Arryns appear to lack the understanding of what a tree line is because in the book universe they only offer up thin rocky soil as the reason why they couldn't get a weirwood to take root.  Maybe they thought that having the garden protected by the walls of the caste would be enough.

My understanding is that it's due to environmental conditions. For example, coastal mountains and mountains in extreme locations have much lower treelines than others. 

20 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

What do you mean by that? That people who disagree with you are not worthy? That's not relevant to the argument, of course, but I am just wondering. If you don't care what others think, or if it exhausts you, why bother?

I bothered because you seemed legitimately confused by the magical teleportation. But yea, I get tired by the willful dismissal of clear and simple explanations in favor of convoluted nonsense.

17 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

My understanding is that it's due to environmental conditions. For example, coastal mountains and mountains in extreme locations have much lower treelines than others. 

Fair enough.  I just find it strange that the Arryns, who selected such a high snowy peak above the treeline to build their castle on, were unaware that trees can't grow above the treeline. 

Archived