On who can marry among the lords...

Angel Eyes

On 11/25/2017 at 5:02 PM, Angel Eyes said:

How powerful are the Daynes?

This is something I've been wondering about, more specifically what succession would look like in Dorne should the Martells be eliminated. House Dayne is one of two other Houses Nymeria married into and she had a son with Davos Dayne. Would Dorne go to the Daynes or House Yronwood because they are powerful?

The other thing I've been thinking about is one innocuous line from Catelyn when she was thinking about how Walder Frey was always friendlier with Casterly Rock than Hoster Tully would have liked since Emmon was married to Genna.

Part of me wonders if one of the reason for the Lysa/Jaime match on Hoster Tully's part wasn't to try and undercut Walder Frey and that "relationship" with the Lannisters, especially when we see the team up between the Freys and the Lannisters during the Red Wedding.

22 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

This is something I've been wondering about, more specifically what succession would look like in Dorne should the Martells be eliminated. House Dayne is one of two other Houses Nymeria married into and she had a son with Davos Dayne. Would Dorne go to the Daynes or House Yronwood because they are powerful?

Dorne was created by Nymeria. Would there even be Dorne after Martells?

Nymeria sent 6 Kings to Wall. All of them Dornish. Yorick Yronwood, Vorian Dayne, Garrison Fowler, Lucifer Dryland, Benedict Blackmont and Albin Manwoody. Lucifer Dryland was the Last of his Ilk. The other five Houses are very much present.

Martells of Sandship were never Kings. Allyrion is attested as having been Kings sometime. Jordayne also have been Kings, but definitely were not at Nymeria´s conquest.

Were there any Kings in Dorne who bent knee to Nymeria and got to stay home with their wives?

Archived