The Trial of Roose Bolton

4 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

Not just the iron throne, Stannis considers him a rebel as well, once he put the crown on his head he became a rebel and a traitor. Dany may well see Stark rule a better fit than Roose/Ramsay (and GRRM has already set this up quite organically in the books, the prospect of Ramsay ruling sickens the Bolton's closest allies), but there is no reason she would put them on trial for this, as all Roose has done is do the bidding  for the, at the time accepted, Crown rather than a rebel lord. 

The precedent that would set would only weaken Dany and her royal descendants powers while strengthening the overlords of the realm, who were the ones who ended her families reign, by making it a crime to choose the state over the overlord of the regions. 

At this particular time I am not really interested in Targ’s. I read her chapters so that I can try to understand the overall story. I am very much interested in how martin’s story is going to play out. Things like where does Jon Snow Stark Targ fit into the scheme of winter is coming and the north remembers.            Cheers and cheerio.

14 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

When reading this tale I am a Stark supporter.

you may well be, but the op is asking about a hypothetical trial arrnaged by Dany, and she is not a Stark supporter. 

14 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

At this particular time I am not really interested in Targ’s. 

fair enough, but  Dany is integral to the OP's hypothetical question.

6 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

you may well be, but the op is asking about a hypothetical trial arrnaged by Dany, and she is not a Stark supporter. 

fair enough, but  Dany is integral to the OP's hypothetical question.

I am aware of what the opening post said.  It appears to sorta be set up as a war crimes tribunal.

Empress Dany has taken back the seven kingdoms.          Roose is on trial for killing Robb.          Trial will be at Highgarden         . Dany will not be there.       Doran Martell will be the judge.         The jury will made of seven lords from Dorne and Reach.          There will be observers from across the Narrow Sea.

I participated in that what if/hypothetical by saying:

"I would need to find a way to block the stink from my nose, but If I have to try to defend Lord Bolton to the IT, the only thing I can come up with is that he went along with the Lords of the North out of fear that he and his men would be peril, that Lord Bolton was always loyal to the IT. When Roose saw the opportunity to save his House and men he took it.       That might help his case south of the Neck, but it isn’t going to help his case north of the Neck."

People may nitpick my use of words by saying the OP did not mention the IT. To which I would respond ---- it’s a hypothetical; I gave my opinion. My opinion is that in this story the northmen are going to take care of Roose and Ramsey. No need for a trial.

Carry on.

Archived