How did Cersei find out about Robert's bastard?

Lee-Sensei

On 5/24/2018 at 10:01 AM, Lee-Sensei said:

“You know me better than that, Robert,” Ned said. “Ask Lord Baelish if you doubt me. He was there.”

“I’ve talked to Littlefinger,” Robert said. “He claims he rode off to bring the gold cloaks before the fighting began, but he admits you were returning from some whorehouse.”

“Some whorehouse? Damn your eyes, Robert, I went there to have a look at your daughter! Her mother has named her Barra. She looks like that first girl you fathered, when we were boys together in the Vale.”

He watched the queen as he spoke; her face was a mask, still and pale, betraying nothing.

Robert flushed. “Barra,” he grumbled. “Is that supposed to please me? Damn the girl. I thought she had more sense.”

She cannot be more than fifteen, and a whore, and you thought she had sense?” Ned said, incredulous. His leg was beginning to pain him sorely. It was hard to keep his temper. “The fool child is in love with you, Robert.”

The king glanced at Cersei. “This is no fit subject for the queen’s ears.”

Its sad, because he is trying to do the right thing.

Wow. Ned was truly an idiot.

But at that point Robert had already fathered two bastards at Casterly Rock, and had a brilliant idea of bringing his eldest into the capital under the nose of the kindly Stepmother Cersei, so I take it he was not really trying to be discreet.

On 5/25/2018 at 7:34 AM, Hugorfonics said:

Why does Varys save them? Seems unspiderish. If anything he sent him to the wall and then told Cersei which road theyd be taken.

Totally agree with the last part. He's main purpose is to cause trouble.

Archived