What if stark had a requirement for becoming hand

Alex Gu

9 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

ot really. Ramsey's line would have no more claim to the stark name Anymore than the Baratheons have claim to the name Targyen or Robb had claim to the name Tully.  As soon as Ramsey would marry and bed Arya she would become a Bolton

No, it's nothing unheard of;

"I will, ser," said Leobald, and only then raised the matter of Lady Hornwood. Poor thing, with no husband to defend her lands nor son to inherit. His own lady wife was a Hornwood, sister to the late Lord Halys, doubtless they recalled. "An empty hall is a sad one. I had a thought to send my younger son to Lady Donella to foster as her own. Beren is near ten, a likely lad, and her own nephew. He would cheer her, I am certain, and perhaps he would even take the name Hornwood . . ."

"If he were named heir?" suggested Maester Luwin.

And the name Stark has more prestige, love and respect to it than name Bolton, especially in the North. If Starks went extinct, as it's seemingly the case right now with the male line, taking the name is the best thing they do.

Even more so if Sansa returns home at the head of an army with her litter of wolf pups or anyone down her line. Who will people choose then? Bolton brood of the little sister or the Stark brood of the big sister? 

52 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

No, it's nothing unheard of;

What? The thing you're quoting doesn't appear to have any relevance to my post.

And the name Stark has more prestige, love and respect to it than name Bolton, especially in the North. If Starks went extinct, as it's seemingly the case right now with the male line, taking the name is the best thing they do.

No it isn't. It would be seen as low to take claim upon the Stark name over a female relation; the wife of Ramsey would be a Bolton regardless of the house she was born. The Starks would effectively  be extinct, if all their males are dead and the females married off and forced to take the surname of their husband. 

A lot of houses the north  can point to a distant grandmother who was daughter of House stark or something like that; it would be unwise for the children of Ramsey to go through this route.  

sa returns home at the head of an army with her litter of wolf pups or anyone down her line. Who will people choose then? Bolton brood of the little sister or the Stark brood of the big sister? 

This again seems unlikely, at this point with Sansa gone for presumably decades, any children  of her's would probably be brushed aside as pretenders should they reemerge-they wouldn't even look have sterotypical traits associated with House stark.

5 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

What? The thing you're quoting doesn't appear to have any relevance to my post

That Tallhart nephew has a Hornwood mother. If Tallhart born to Hornwood mother can take her "maiden name", so too can Boltons born to a Stark.

5 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

o it isn't. It would be seen as low to take claim upon the Stark name over a female relation; the wife of Ramsey would be a Bolton regardless of the house she was born. The Starks would effectively  be extinct, if all their males are dead and the females married off and forced to take the surname of their husband. 

Lannister-Lydden marriage.

Not even counting the Dornish.

You may dispute with the reasoning these are matrlinieal marriages.

Harrold Hardyng's ancestry makes up the majority of the vale plotline.

On 6/19/2018 at 11:32 PM, Alex Gu said:

Would robert give eddard stark the power to dismiss or/and arrest anyone he suspected of corruption,misuse of power and disloyalty as well as the power  to change the menbership of the small council exept for robert brothers to clean house in kings landing exept for robert brothers who keep their positions if eddard stark said that he wont accept becoming hand without this?

If he had a requirement he’d study up for it then.

Archived