Davos - Foreshadowing

Am I alone in thinking that Ser Davos meeting the greyscale-scarred little girl, the one who reminded him of Shireen, was foreshadowing the return of Melisandre?

She'd get an even cooler reception than Jamie, so i'm racking my brain trying to think of why she might return during a battle episode....hopefully not to bring anyone back from the dead...again. 

22 minutes ago, maverick_nc1 said:

Am I alone in thinking that Ser Davos meeting the greyscale-scarred little girl, the one who reminded him of Shireen, was foreshadowing the return of Melisandre?

She'd get an even cooler reception than Jamie, so i'm racking my brain trying to think of why she might return during a battle episode....hopefully not to bring anyone back from the dead...again. 

Interesting idea, but I don't think it was foreshadowing her return in the next episode. I do think she's coming back, but I think it would be difficult to work her into re-appearance into a battle episode since she'd have to get past both armies and the perimeter defenses to get into Winterfell. 

Maybe Davos will end up having to save the children (including the little girl with the burn scars) from the crypts. At first I didn't think he would die in the upcoming episode, but this week they made a point about the number of previous battles he has survived despite his lack of military experience, and now I'm thinking he might not survive another.

1 minute ago, a girl knows nothing said:

Interesting idea, but I don't think it was foreshadowing her return in the next episode. I do think she's coming back, but I think it would be difficult to work her into re-appearance into a battle episode since she'd have to get past both armies and the perimeter defenses to get into Winterfell. 

Maybe Davos will end up having to save the children (including the little girl with the burn scars) from the crypts. At first I didn't think he would die in the upcoming episode, but this week they made a point about the number of previous battles he has survived despite his lack of military experience, and now I'm thinking he might not survive another.

I like your theory about Davos, but maybe it's Melisandre who appears to save HIM, and dies in the process?

I don't think there's any doubt she will return, it's just a case of when and where. I still recall her conversation with Arya way back when, 'we will meet again'. 

34 minutes ago, maverick_nc1 said:

Am I alone in thinking that Ser Davos meeting the greyscale-scarred little girl

The girl has burning scars -- but yes, their location of the face resembles Shireen's scars.

34 minutes ago, maverick_nc1 said:

the one who reminded him of Shireen,

Exactly, the main reason surely was to remind us of sweet Shireen and the most shocking moment in the whole series. This way the raise emotions in us in seconds, seemingly "gratis" emotional moments.

36 minutes ago, maverick_nc1 said:

was foreshadowing the return of Melisandre

Yes, it is a reminder that Melisandre is still missing and had promised to return. You could call that foreshadowing, I would call it a simple reminder.

36 minutes ago, maverick_nc1 said:

I am afraid she will. Maybe even Jon again. I created a thread for this issue.

Maybe she will have to sacrifice herself, considerung the extremely frequent foreshadowing about her burning heart and her inner fire. I would prefer that.

Archived