Sandor/Sansa

redcandle17

But I've never understood why anyone thinks Sansa/Tyrion is plausible. Sansa finds him physically repellent even after she admits to herself that he's a nice guy, and in the long run Tyrion would find her boring.

Sansa, being very young, hasn't shown her full ability to entertain her husband; I suppose she wouldn't be boring at all if only she loved Tyrion as he wishes to be loved - in a romantic way. Tyrion, on the other hand, although perhaps absolutely not attractive to her physically, can fit the bill as a defender and a teacher. Physical attraction is short-lived and misguided, after all.

Sansa and Sandor aren't totally compatible either, but there's definitely some chemistry there, and fundamentally Sandor wants someone to protect and Sansa wants a true knight to protect her.

Even Sansa herself admitted that only Tyrion really defended her from Joffrey's cruel japes. There was some chemistry and even understanding between her and Sandor but, I suppose, Sandor got cured and Sansa will be cured soon.

They're constantly fantasizing about each other.

Right so, and when it comes to the real thing and they are left alone , Sansa sings and Sandor cries...a romance complete! I know the scenes with Tyrion have been so far almost an equal fiasco but they at least went to bed together and Tyrion was very gallant indeed letting Sansa decide whether or not she wants to lose her virginity with him.

Sansa, being very young, hasn't shown her full ability to entertain her husband; I suppose she wouldn't be boring at all if only she loved Tyrion as he wishes to be loved - in a romantic way.

What I meant by saying Tyrion would find her boring is that she's completely unable to spar with him in the way that Shae, Arya, Asha, Myranda Royce, Ygritte, Osha, Mya Stone, Genna Lannister or the Sand Snakes would be able to do. We know from his relationship with Shae that Tyrion likes a woman with a sense of humor and a bit of sass. Sansa is sweet, demure and obedient, but not remotely witty or funny. (Just look at her scene with Myranda Royce.) She hasn't made a single joke in the entire series.

Right so, and when it comes to the real thing and they are left alone , Sansa sings and Sandor cries...a romance complete! I know the scenes with Tyrion have been so far almost an equal fiasco but they at least went to bed together and Tyrion was very gallant indeed letting Sansa decide whether or not she wants to lose her virginity with him.

Well, Sandor lets Sansa decide whether or not she wanted to lose her virginity with him, too. And Sansa gives pretty mixed signals. When he leans in for the kiss, she doesn't turn away, she closes her eyes. She thinks about that encounter over and over again, imagining that the kiss actually happened. She doesn't entertain any such thoughts about Tyrion.

I think that if Sansa and Tyrion cross paths again she will treat him as a friend, now that she has come to realize that he isn't like the rest of his family, but there is no chemistry there. She appreciates the way he defended her from Joff's insults, but gratitude does not equal love. I mean, lots of guys have defended, helped or been unnecessarily nice to Sansa--Littlefinger, Dontos, Garlan Tyrell, Lothor Brune--but she isn't in love with any of them. She just seems to arouse that reaction in men. Anyone who thinks she will eventually come to love Tyrion has to demonstrate that she has a stronger reason for doing so than mere gratitude.

Hmm, just jumping back in here. I had another thought concerning the comment made about San/San and an overarching love story. The series is A Song of Ice and Fire. We see that dichotomy possibly in Rhaegar/Lyanna, possibly Jon/Dany, but its present in a way with Sandor/Sansa too. We know the first relationship didn't work out and the jury is out on the last two, but maybe it will be one of those situations where one doesn't work, one sort of works, and one is completely successful? *Grasps at straws of hope*

Well, yes. But Snador is thirty years old,bully, and fighter, and Sansa is thirtheen years old girl, who just lost her pet, family, and her illusion of the world is broken.

Not really sure how any of that makes Sandor more different from Sansa than Tyrion is. Tyrion is also older, he has fought in battles and killed people, and I'm not sure how you define "bully." Most importantly, Tyrion has shown no interest in tourneys or romantic songs or knighthood. Don't those dreams define Sansa? What is there that would keep Tyrion interested?

If you wanted a prove that Tyrion wants Sansa, just read every his chapter in ASoS after the wedding.

I see proof that he wants Sansa's body. I see proof that he wants Sansa's claim. But where does he want Sansa? When does he put her on a higher pedestal than Tysha or even Shae? Once she's fled, does he miss her at all (except as a witness to his defense)? Does he ever take pleasure in her company? Does he go out of his way to be with her? What evidence is there that Sansa is special to Tyrion?

She's a good-looking girl and he just happened to be forced to marry her. I don't think there's anything more than that. (cough plot device cough)

In my opinion, Tyrion + Sansa would make a lot more sense than SanSan ship. Firstly, it would be a classic - Beauty and the Beast!

I think the whole point of the Beauty and the Beast story is not that an ugly guy manages to bang a hot girl, but that someone with a beastly nature is changed for the better by someone with a good soul. Tyrion is already a super guy (in my opinion), and Sansa didn't change him at all, as far as I can see. With Jaime/Brienne and Sansa/Sandor, on the other hand...

Sansa is still very romantic, which would suit Tyrion perfectly,

Hmmm. I think that depends on what kind of romance you mean. There's the epic romance with brave knights willing to die for beautiful ladies locked away in towers and such. Sansa is definitely that kind of romantic. Then there's the practical romance where the lovers share interesting conversations and a family and try to lead relatively quiet (though fun) lives. I think Tyrion is that kind of romantic.

very attractive and obredient - not bad traits for a wife.

Actually, those aren't bad traits for a whore. For a wife, he needs and wants a bit more than that. I think Olenna has summed it up very well. Did they have any interesting conversations while they were married?

I think people confuse Sandor's straightforwardness and lack of social finesse with stupidity. But they're not the same. We see over and over again in his conversations with Sansa that he's fully cognizant of the intrigue that goes on around him; he refrains from taking part in it because he sees it as wrong, not just because he knows he would be unsuccessful at it. He isn't dumb, he just doesn't like manipulating people. If anything, his contempt for the games that everyone around him plays and his refusal to be blinded by chivalric ideals from good common sense shows a capacity for independent thinking that the other courtiers don't share.

:agree: I think saying that Sandor is stupid because he doesn't play The Game is like saying anyone in today's society who isn't into politics is stupid. I think a better generalization for Westeros would be that all of the people who DO play The Game are stupid, because they're all going to lose.

Tyrion doesn't need Sansa. He's going to find Tysha. :) And Sansa is going to find Sandor. Then they're all going to live happily ev-...oh wait. So that probably won't happen. But I at least want to see Sansa and Sandor hold each other one stinking time before one of them gets offed. You hear that George???? AT LEAST GIVE THE POOR MAN A HUG! :box:

I think Olenna has summed it up very well. Did they have any interesting conversations while they were married?

The whole "The pease are overcooked" thing was quite a winner.

I think the whole point of the Beauty and the Beast story is not that an ugly guy manages to bang a hot girl, but that someone with a beastly nature is changed for the better by someone with a good soul.

Yes! Despite the fact that he's ugly, Tyrion is not what I would call a beast. Sandor is totally.

Trackrunner and Olenna are doing such a great job of summing everything up, I can't think of anything to add. Tyrion/Sansa always just confuses the hell out of me. I've never heard ANY good reason at all why they should be together; I can't think of any evidence that they like each other that the Hound and Sansa don't also have (and then some). I've heard some people say that they deserve each other, but I think that's offensive to both. Tyrion deserves a witty woman, and Sansa is not a trophy wife.

I think people confuse Sandor's straightforwardness and lack of social finesse with stupidity.

I won't quote the whole post again, but it was all beautifully put. I agree. :)

:agree: I think saying that Sandor is stupid because he doesn't play The Game is like saying anyone in today's society who isn't into politics is stupid. I think a better generalization for Westeros would be that all of the people who DO play The Game are stupid, because they're all going to lose.

Tyrion doesn't need Sansa. He's going to find Tysha. :) And Sansa is going to find Sandor. Then they're all going to live happily ev-...oh wait. So that probably won't happen. But I at least want to see Sansa and Sandor hold each other one stinking time before one of them gets offed. You hear that George???? AT LEAST GIVE THE POOR MAN A HUG! :box:

I second that! Maybe we could all put together a petition... :idea::whip:

Yes! Despite the fact that he's ugly, Tyrion is not what I would call a beast. Sandor is totally.

As far as I remember, in the "beauty and the beast" story the Beast only looked ugly but was really nice inside. Beauty just made him show it. Well, who fits the bill better now?

Did they (Tyrion and Sansa) have any interesting conversations while they were married?

No, but it doesn't mean that it's impossible in the future. Taking into account the fact that Sansa was in her "I-hate-all-the-Lanisters" phase I wonder why she married and talked to Tyrion at all. ;) He did give her the chance to reject him and marry Lancel, a younger and more comely guy and she agreed to marry Tyrion nevertheless. On the other hand I wonder why Sandor, so enamoured with Sansa, never even raised his little finger in her defence, in public or in private.

That's really a matter of perception. There are plenty of people less educated than I am whom I would still consider much smarter.

That is not a matter of 'street smarts' either, that is a matter of intelligence -- and while a lot can be said about Sandor, I have yet to see any proof that he is truly intelligent. (Mind you, I am still not saying he's stupid.)

As far as I remember, in the "beauty and the beast" story the Beast only looked ugly but was really nice inside. Beauty just made him show it. Well, who fits the bill better now?

Man, the Beast was a total ass. (In some versions, anyway.) Anyway, there's a lot of people who believe Sandor's a softie inside and just needs some sweet pretty lady lovin' to bring it out.

No, but it doesn't mean that it's impossible in the future. Taking into account the fact that Sansa was in her "I-hate-all-the-Lanisters" phase I wonder why she married and talked to Tyrion at all. ;) He did give her the chance to reject him and marry Lancel, a younger and more comely guy and she agreed to marry Tyrion nevertheless. On the other hand I wonder why Sandor, so enamoured with Sansa, never even raised his little finger in her defence, in public or in private.

He did. He spoke up for her when she was getting beaten, and there was the whole saving her from the mob thing. (Classic romance, baby!) What was he supposed to do, punch Joffrey in the back of the head? (Oh, how I prayed for that to happen.) Plus, he expressed major angst over it all. He was crying and saying to Arya, "I stood there in my white cloak and I let them beat her."

Tyrion is an empathetic guy, and he will stick up for someone who can't defend themselves. And he had some right to tell Joffrey what to do. It wasn't about him saving his beloved.

As far as I remember, in the "beauty and the beast" story the Beast only looked ugly but was really nice inside.

Sorry, but no way. The Beast had to learn love and compassion because he understood nothing outside his own selfish desires. That is most certainly not Tyrion.

No, but it doesn't mean that it's impossible in the future.

Here's the thing: it sounds from your (and others') posts that you base the Tyrion/Sansa possible romance on the need for Sansa to change a lot. If Sansa becomes very witty and if she stops loving songs and if she stops wanting a true knight and if she learns to share Tyrion's interest in dragons and if she gets about ten times more sassy, then Tyrion and Sansa could have an interesting conversation.

As a Sansa defender first and foremost (far above being any kind of shipper), I have to cry foul. First of all, it's a bit insulting to blame the whole thing on Sansa for a) not being the perfect woman for Tyrion and B) not falling madly in love with him simply because he was nice to her. Tyrion didn't love her either, as I believe others and I have demonstrated. He was kind to her, but then he's kind to all innocent bystanders, like Tommen. It is in his nature to help people who cannot help themselves. To claim that he was nice to Sansa because he was in falling in love with her is rather insulting to him as well.

Second of all, if all the aforementioned "if's" did come to fruition, that girl would not be Sansa. She would be someone else entirely, like Olenna (and probably Margaery) Tyrell or Dany or even (gasp) Tysha. Why not just ship Tyrion with one of them, rather than kill off Sansa and put someone else's soul in her body?

On the other hand I wonder why Sandor, so enamoured with Sansa, never even raised his little finger in her defence, in public or in private.

As King Bronn already illuminated, Sandor did defend her several times. He rescued her from the mob, he lied to Joffrey to spare her a beating, he spoke up for her during a beating, he gave her advice on how to survive, he offered to take her away... What more was he supposed to do when he did not (unlike Tyrion) have a pile of savage sellsword-bodyguards at his beck and call and did not (unlike Tyrion) have a high enough station to protect him from Joffrey's whims? He only would have gotten Sansa and himself killed.

Don't those dreams define Sansa? What is there that would keep Tyrion interested?

I see proof that he wants Sansa's body. I see proof that he wants Sansa's claim. But where does he want Sansa? When does he put her on a higher pedestal than Tysha or even Shae? Once she's fled, does he miss her at all (except as a witness to his defense)? Does he ever take pleasure in her company? Does he go out of his way to be with her?

Hmmm. I think that depends on what kind of romance you mean. There's the epic romance with brave knights willing to die for beautiful ladies locked away in towers and such. Sansa is definitely that kind of romantic. Then there's the practical romance where the lovers share interesting conversations and a family and try to lead relatively quiet (though fun) lives. I think Tyrion is that kind of romantic.

Did they have any interesting conversations while they were married?

Where he wants Sansa? Well I very well remembre one part in ASOS. Some like this : Yes I want Winterfell but I want her too, women or children or whatever she is. I wanted talk with her, hear her laugh. I wanted comfort her. I wanted that she comes to me on her own, with her storys, sadness and happines.

Something like that, I wrote on my own remembering. If that is not wanting true Sansa I dont now what it is.

They both are romantic. Yes she dreams of knights, and tourneys, but she dreams also of happy marriage and lot of children. Tyrion is dreaming of that too, becouse he is older, and he alredy past his kinght-romantict time.

They arent have any interesting conversations, true. But that is her fault. Like Hommles Harpy tell she was in her Hate-all- Lannister mood. But when she grow up little more, and past her fase, she and Tyrion will be great pair. They can talk a lot of common themes, just she mut realize that Tyrion is not Cersei and that he will never ever hurt her.

I agree. Sandor her, guardian, never ever raise her arm up, to protect her from Joffrey. Tyrion on the other hand, wanted that she sleep in his tower, how he can protect her from Joff better.

He did. He spoke up for her when she was getting beaten, and there was the whole saving her from the mob thing. (Classic romance, baby!) What was he supposed to do, punch Joffrey in the back of the head? (Oh, how I prayed for that to happen.) Plus, he expressed major angst over it all. He was crying and saying to Arya, "I stood there in my white cloak and I let them beat her."

Tyrion is an empathetic guy, and he will stick up for someone who can't defend themselves. And he had some right to tell Joffrey what to do. It wasn't about him saving his beloved.

That mob thing, was more lucky than planning. Sandor was see Sansa in mob, he had a sword, and he was the member of Kingsquard, and Sansa was berthoded to his king. Naturaly he save her.

And Tyrion have his parth too in that. You remember when he punch Joffrey, and treating to kill him or other if they dont save Sansa.

Here's the thing: it sounds from your (and others') posts that you base the Tyrion/Sansa possible romance on the need for Sansa to change a lot. If Sansa becomes very witty and if she stops loving songs and if she stops wanting a true knight and if she learns to share Tyrion's interest in dragons and if she gets about ten times more sassy, then Tyrion and Sansa could have an interesting conversation.

As a Sansa defender first and foremost (far above being any kind of shipper), I have to cry foul. First of all, it's a bit insulting to blame the whole thing on Sansa for a) not being the perfect woman for Tyrion and B) not falling madly in love with him simply because he was nice to her.

Second of all, if all the aforementioned "if's" did come to fruition, that girl would not be Sansa. She would be someone else entirely, like Olenna (and probably Margaery) Tyrell or Dany or even (gasp) Tysha. Why not just ship Tyrion with one of them, rather than kill off Sansa and put someone else's soul in her body?

Sansa dont need change at all, she only need to grow up. She loves songs, and Tyrion, well he love a true history more, but it is similar. We dont know how she really is, becaouse she always hide her feelings, and must think what she says. And Sansa and Tyrion can have interesting corvesation, she just must open up to him.

I think it is wrong to blame Sansa for that. She hasnt seen Tyrion POV chapters to know he is good person and that he reaaly wants her.

But I blame her for her pride in they weeding. Nothing wouldnt happen to her if she just neel. She only make the only person who cares for her in South Westerose, angry.

Well I like to see Tyrion with Margaery, but for there is much smaller chance then for Tyrion&Sansa. Why wouldnt you ship Sandor with Arya, or with Lady Stoneheart, or with Brienne... ? :rolleyes:

I personaly ship Tyrion&Sansa, becouse Tyrion is my favorite charachter, and I always like Sansa.They are in amrriage, and have very similar ideas for perfect partner(on unusual ways, if you gotta me). Why not?

That mob thing, was more lucky than planning. Sandor was see Sansa in mob, he had a sword, and he was the member of Kingsquard, and Sansa was berthoded to his king. Naturaly he save her.

And Tyrion have his parth too in that. You remember when he punch Joffrey, and treating to kill him or other if they dont save Sansa.

The thing about the mob is that it's not something Sandor would normally do. When Sansa thanks him for saving her, five minutes later he's saying "If you can't fight, die and get out of the way of those who can." The other members of the kingsguard who were present had swords, and they ran in fear. Sandor took on a mob to save someone he had taken no vow to protect. As for Tyrion, his very first thought was for his own brother. "If Sansa's gone, Jaime is as good as dead."

But your whole post was very helpful. I actually understand Tyrion/Sansa shipping now. I don't agree, but at least I'm not totally confused anymore... :D

I think SanSan is so much more romantic (and I am a romance sucker at heart). Sandor is freaking miserable, and has been his whole life. Like the Elder Brother explained so poignantly, he's a bitter and tormented soul who's never known love. Then along comes the pretty little bird..... ahhh. Classic.

I feel so cheesy right now.

:leaving:

I think SanSan is so much more romantic (and I am a romance sucker at heart).

And don't forget one major point, Sandor is HOT! He may not have a face you'd wipe your buttocks with, but he's incredibly confident, incredibly witty, over six foot, and has a body that can break men's backs. What would a girl not like about him in an age without cameras.

Artanaro

Where he wants Sansa? Well I very well remembre one part in ASOS. Some like this : Yes I want Winterfell but I want her too, women or children or whatever she is. I wanted talk with her, hear her laugh. I wanted comfort her. I wanted that she comes to me on her own, with her storys, sadness and happines.

Something like that, I wrote on my own remembering. If that is not wanting true Sansa I dont now what it is.

Actually, none of that is specific to Sansa, when you think about it. He's wanting his marriage to be something other than "a daily agony" (ASoS MMPB 426), but he never thinks about how he'd like to talk with Sansa about tourneys or songs or knighthoods. Also, immediately after thinking this, his thoughts turn to Shae, and how he wishes she had been more upset about the wedding.

Yes, he wants his wife (with whom he believes he will be forced to spend the rest of his life) to love him. But he doesn't want Sansa to love him. What he really wants is Tysha-redux.

They arent have any interesting conversations, true. But that is her fault. Like Hommles Harpy tell she was in her Hate-all- Lannister mood.

Actually, this seems to be quite a common misconception. Sansa does not hate Tyrion. Tyrion only thinks she does. We know from Sansa's PoVs that she appreciates Tyrion's kindness and knows that he is better than the rest. In fact, Sansa tries several times to make conversation (over dinner and regarding the book Tyrion gave Joffrey). These attempts, while well-meaning, are obviously doomed to failure because they have very little basis in a common interest.

I agree. Sandor her, guardian, never ever raise her arm up, to protect her from Joffrey. Tyrion on the other hand, wanted that she sleep in his tower, how he can protect her from Joff better.

King Bronn and I already addressed this. Sandor did protect Sansa on numerous occasions, like catching her before she could fall off the roof of Maegor's and telling Boros to stop beating her. For more examples, see the above posts.

Sandor is quite proud of the fact that he saved Sansa in the mob; I believe it's the only time he ever brags about a good deed he's done. And it's not just about saving the king's betrothed. The first thing Sandor does when they return to the Red Keep is express concern over her wound. Add it to the many other times Sandor went out on a limb for Sansa and no one else.

And Tyrion have his parth too in that. You remember when he punch Joffrey,

Actually, Tyrion punched Joffrey because he thought Joffrey had gotten Sandor killed. ;) So I suppose we really should be shipping Tyrion/Sandor.

and treating to kill him or other if they dont save Sansa.

Tyrion is quite specific in that scene insofar as he wants to save Sansa on Jaime's behalf. Exact quote: Tyrion pressed blunt fingers into his throbbing temples. If Sansa Stark had come to harm, Jaime was as good as dead. (ACoK MMPB 596)

Sansa dont need change at all, she only need to grow up. She loves songs, and Tyrion, well he love a true history more, but it is similar.

I think there's a big difference between a love of fairytale romances and a love of practical history. And no, Tyrion is not pleased with Sansa's fondness for songs:

"The last thing my wife needs is more songs," said Tyrion. (ASoS MMPB 429).

Well I like to see Tyrion with Margaery, but for there is much smaller chance then for Tyrion&Sansa. Why wouldnt you ship Sandor with Arya, or with Lady Stoneheart, or with Brienne... ?

Sandor (the way I understand his character) wants a true lady. When discussing Sansa with Polliver and the Tickler, that is how he defines her: "And courteous too. A proper little lady..." He does go out of his way to be with her. He walks her to her bedchambers one night, even though he really didn't have to (since it was his night off); he spills his guts--to her and her alone-- regarding the way he was burned. He goes to her room in the middle of a battle. He thinks very fondly of her song.

In other words, if you took the questions I asked earlier--about whether Tyrion ever missed Sansa, or put her on a higher pedestal than other women, or whether she was special to him--and applied them to Sandor, the answers would all be 'yes.' With Tyrion, I'm afraid they are all 'no.' The only woman who does illicit 'yes' answers would be Tysha.

They are in amrriage,

So were Tyrion and Tysha.

and have very similar ideas for perfect partner(on unusual ways, if you gotta me).

I'm sorry, I don't get this. How is Tyrion like anything Sansa wants? He is kind, and that's it. She doesn't care for wit. The only physical aspects she really wants are "tall and strong" (ASoS MMPB 386). Tyrion wants someone more fun-loving, like the way he and Tysha ate the witnesses to their wedding, and fell into bed laughing, and joked about their names being similar. Sansa, as much as I love her, isn't very funny. So I don't think they have similar ideas for a perfect partner at all.

And don't forget one major point, Sandor is HOT! He may not have a face you'd wipe your buttocks with, but he's incredibly confident, incredibly witty, over six foot, and has a body that can break men's backs. What would a girl not like about him in an age without cameras.

Hell yeah. That's all I'll say to that.

The only physical aspects she really wants are "tall and strong" (ASoS MMPB 386).

Hmm, do we have anyone who fits that bill? ;)

Someone (I think on this thread) once pointed out that Ned thought to himself that Sansa needed a man "brave and gentle," and Sansa regularly describes Sandor as both those things. Perfect.

(This is, what, my 20th post, and most of them have been on this thread. I should try branching out.)

Artanaro

A-freaking-men. The man is GORGEOUS. George may say that without the scars he'd be average looking, but there are a lot of women that love the bad boy, and I think that personality/soul makes up AT LEAST 70% of the way a person looks after you get to know them. Haha. Personally I'm ALL about long, dark haired men with large frames. Mmmmhmmm. It's kind of like Snape in Harry Potter (although Sandor is a million times better), I always thought his descriptions were hot.

Every time Sandor's large hands or broad shoulders were mentioned in the series, I drooled a little bit. Haha!

I think that Sandor did evrything he could do in his position to protect Sansa. Considering that he was a member of the kingsguard at this time and Joffrey`s sworn sword , his efforts to protect her from the king himself are even more worth in my eyes. I remember a particular line when Jaime thinks back of the night when Aerys raped his wife, he and another member of the kingsguard stood infront of the door ( I cant remember which one it was, Hightower maybe?), Jaime asked him if they haven`t sworn to protect her too, and the other kingsguard replies ËYes, but not from himË.So, in my eyes Sandor took a lot of risk in standing up for Sansa, whilst Tyrion was the hand of the king at that time, Joffrey`s uncle and a Lannister which is making it very easy to protect somebody, even from the king IMO... however, I think that Sansa`s behaviour towards Tyrion during their marriage is very undersandeble,( although I felt really sorry for the dwarf) even Tyrion understood that...(well, most of the time)... Now, that Sansa is away from Kings Landing and all the Lannisters she realises that Tyrion was one of the good guys and dind`t mean no harm, she feels pitty for him like everyone would for a good friend, but there is no chance she will ever build up some romantic feelings towards him, same goes for Tyrion I think. He was forced to marry her, and just trying to make the best out of that situation, it was easier for him after all, she was hot, heir to Winterfell, and he wasn`t surrounded by enemies like she was....on the other hand Sandor and Sansa have a lot more romantic potential, awwww, I would really love to see a love scence between these two :drool:

I think that Sandor did evrything he could do in his position to protect Sansa. Considering that he was a member of the kingsguard at this time and Joffrey`s sworn sword , his efforts to protect her from the king himself are even more worth in my eyes. I remember a particular line when Jaime thinks back of the night when Aerys raped his wife, he and another member of the kingsguard stood infront of the door ( I cant remember which one it was, Hightower maybe?), Jaime asked him if they haven`t sworn to protect her too, and the other kingsguard replies ËYes, but not from himË.So, in my eyes Sandor took a lot of risk in standing up for Sansa, whilst Tyrion was the hand of the king at that time, Joffrey`s uncle and a Lannister which is making it very easy to protect somebody, even from the king IMO... however, I think that Sansa`s behaviour towards Tyrion during their marriage is very undersandeble,( although I felt really sorry for the dwarf) even Tyrion understood that...(well, most of the time)... Now, that Sansa is away from Kings Landing and all the Lannisters she realises that Tyrion was one of the good guys and dind`t mean no harm, she feels pitty for him like everyone would for a good friend, but there is no chance she will ever build up some romantic feelings towards him, same goes for Tyrion I think. He was forced to marry her, and just trying to make the best out of that situation, it was easier for him after all, she was hot, heir to Winterfell, and he wasn`t surrounded by enemies like she was....on the other hand Sandor and Sansa have a lot more romantic potential, awwww, I would really love to see a love scence between these two :drool:

I completely agree that Sandor did everything he could while being a part of the Kingsguard to lessen the pain Sansa would have to endure. Anyways, it takes more than a few days to fall into true love with someone. It had to develop. I believe that it had fully developed when he went to take her from King's Landing the night of the Blackwater.

I completely agree that Sandor did everything he could while being a part of the Kingsguard to lessen the pain Sansa would have to endure. Anyways, it takes more than a few days to fall into true love with someone. It had to develop. I believe that it had fully developed when he went to take her from King's Landing the night of the Blackwater.

Sandor could have taken Sansa with him from King's Landing, and had he asked without being so creepy, she'd most likely have said yes.

Artanaro

Archived