Sandor/Sansa

redcandle17

Sandor could have taken Sansa with him from King's Landing, and had he asked without being so creepy, she'd most likely have said yes.

Artanaro

Well, the problem is he didn't :D. He was kind of afraid of helping her more than any decent bystander would do and, in my opinion, it was simply not enough.

Sandor did everything he could while being a part of the Kingsguard to lessen the pain Sansa would have to endure. Anyways, it takes more than a few days to fall into true love with someone.

He had enough time but not enough will.

That's why any SanSan ship makes me confused. Kingsguard member or not, Sandor could have taken things into his overlarge strong hands in any moment and, for example, tell privately some individuals, like Boros Blount, that he will not tolerate any more child abuse. Blount and other "brothers" were a bunch of cowards; if they knew that a big, bad Cleagane might be after their skin for beating and punishing Sansa , they wouldn't be half that zealous fulfilling the orders of Joffrey. That's true that Sandor sometimes provided some little relief to Sansa but for a romantic love standarts it was not up to the scratch.

Sorry, but no way. The Beast had to learn love and compassion because he understood nothing outside his own selfish desires. That is most certainly not Tyrion.

Hmmm...maybe we were reading two different tales? A quote from the summary I found:

The merchant is upset, but accepts this condition. He tries, upon arriving home, to hide the secret from Belle; but she pries it from him and willingly goes to the Beast's castle. The Beast receives her graciously and treats her as his guest. He gives her lavish clothing and food and carries on lengthy conversations with her.

Eventually, Belle becomes homesick and begs the Beast to allow her to go to see her family. He allows it, if she will return exactly a week later. Belle agrees to this and sets off for home. Her older sisters are surprised to find her well fed and dressed in finery. They grow jealous and, hearing that she must return to the Beast on a certain day, beg her to stay another day, even putting onion in their eyes to make it appear as though they are weeping. Belle's heart is moved and she agrees to stay.

When Belle returns to the Beast's castle late, she finds him dying in his rose garden of a broken heart. Belle weeps over him, saying that she loves him; when her tears strike him, he is transformed into a handsome prince. The Prince informs Belle that long ago a fairy turned him into a hideous beast after he refused to let her in from the rain. Only by finding true love, despite his ugliness, can he break the curse.

Does it sound as if the Beast was selfish or had to learn something from Belle ?

Kingsguard member or not, Sandor could have taken things into his overlarge strong hands in any moment and, for example, tell privately some individuals, like Boros Blount, that he will not tolerate any more child abuse. Blount and other "brothers" were a bunch of cowards; if they knew that a big, bad Cleagane might be after their skin for beating and punishing Sansa , they wouldn't be half that zealous fulfilling the orders of Joffrey. That's true that Sandor sometimes provided some little relief to Sansa but for a romantic love standarts it was not up to the scratch.

And Tyrion could have sent Sansa home. If we want to blame people for not sacrificing everything to save Sansa, there's plenty to go around. As it is, both men helped her out; she acknowledges this. Sansa even wishes the Hound were there when she receives Margaery's supper invitation; why would she do that, except that she finds his presence comforting? And she's quite confident in later chapters of ACoK that the Hound would not "let any harm come to her." (ACoK MMPB 818)

For all we know, he may have threatened the Kingsguard brothers at some point. We haven't had his PoV, so we can't know. Personally, I think it would have been way too risky, what with Varys constantly sniffing about. But we do know he has stepped up for her several times, even putting himself at risk on occasion. Sandor saved her life at least three times. He saved her from one beating and tried to stop another. He offered to take her from the city.

If all of that is not enough for you, then that is entirely your opinion, and you are of course welcome to it. I hope you are as confident in your favored pairing as I am in mine. As it is, I can find very little evidence in the books that GRRM is building up to a Sansa/Tyrion romance, but I'll admit, I'm kind of biased. I would be quite interested to see a list of Sansa/Tyrion hints similar to the one I posted regarding Sansa/Sandor at #299, if anyone feels like taking the time to make it.

The Prince informs Belle that long ago a fairy turned him into a hideous beast after he refused to let her in from the rain. Only by finding true love, despite his ugliness, can he break the curse.

Does it sound as if the Beast was selfish or had to learn something from Belle ?

Yes, it sounds like he did have to learn something. Wasn't he transformed because he was too selfish and/or uncompassionate not to let someone in from the rain? Isn't the point of his transformation that he had to learn these things? Otherwise, it's kind of a crappy curse, eh?

And forgive me for saying, but the original story is kind of... boring. There is no real character development between the protagonists and the Beast seems to win Belle over by the virtue of being a sugar daddy.

I'll admit, I use the most common definition:TVTropes, in which ASoIaF gets a mention.

The thing about the mob is that it's not something Sandor would normally do. When Sansa thanks him for saving her, five minutes later he's saying "If you can't fight, die and get out of the way of those who can." The other members of the kingsguard who were present had swords, and they ran in fear. Sandor took on a mob to save someone he had taken no vow to protect. As for Tyrion, his very first thought was for his own brother. "If Sansa's gone, Jaime is as good as dead."

But your whole post was very helpful. I actually understand Tyrion/Sansa shipping now. I don't agree, but at least I'm not totally confused anymore... :D

I think SanSan is so much more romantic (and I am a romance sucker at heart). Sandor is freaking miserable, and has been his whole life. Like the Elder Brother explained so poignantly, he's a bitter and tormented soul who's never known love. Then along comes the pretty little bird..... ahhh. Classic.

I feel so cheesy right now.

:leaving:

Well San&San is much romantic than Tyrion and Sansa, but ASOIAF is not a fairytale and there is a something little romantic in Ty&San.

Are you sure that Sandor dont save somebody other that he can from Joffreys court. Of course he alone, in his tipical dark-mood wouldnt, but true Sandor, who hide beneath the dark rutless warior would. If you remember he save Arya from the Freys, and he had no need to do it. He help her, and keep travel with her, even when she worth nothing.

Well of course, Tyrion thinks on his brother first, he never be very intim with Sansa. But the fact is that he only in whole group remember Sansa. And I wanted to say that at every his chapter when Sansa is in room, or in group with him, he look at her, and think about her.

And afterall, what do you think, that Sandor do if would somebody offer him to kill a Sansa and fight with his brother and defeat him or spare Sansa, and left his brother alive forever? I think that Sansa will be very, very dead...

Actually, none of that is specific to Sansa, when you think about it. He's wanting his marriage to be something other than "a daily agony" (ASoS MMPB 426), but he never thinks about how he'd like to talk with Sansa about tourneys or songs or knighthoods. Also, immediately after thinking this, his thoughts turn to Shae, and how he wishes she had been more upset about the wedding.

Yes, he wants his wife (with whom he believes he will be forced to spend the rest of his life) to love him. But he doesn't want Sansa to love him. What he really wants is Tysha-redux.

Actually, this seems to be quite a common misconception. Sansa does not hate Tyrion. Tyrion only thinks she does. We know from Sansa's PoVs that she appreciates Tyrion's kindness and knows that he is better than the rest. In fact, Sansa tries several times to make conversation (over dinner and regarding the book Tyrion gave Joffrey). These attempts, while well-meaning, are obviously doomed to failure because they have very little basis in a common interest.

I think there's a big difference between a love of fairytale romances and a love of practical history. And no, Tyrion is not pleased with Sansa's fondness for songs:

"The last thing my wife needs is more songs," said Tyrion. (ASoS MMPB 429).

Sandor (the way I understand his character) wants a true lady. When discussing Sansa with Polliver and the Tickler, that is how he defines her: "And courteous too. A proper little lady..." He does go out of his way to be with her. He walks her to her bedchambers one night, even though he really didn't have to (since it was his night off); he spills his guts--to her and her alone-- regarding the way he was burned. He goes to her room in the middle of a battle. He thinks very fondly of her song.

In other words, if you took the questions I asked earlier--about whether Tyrion ever missed Sansa, or put her on a higher pedestal than other women, or whether she was special to him--and applied them to Sandor, the answers would all be 'yes.' With Tyrion, I'm afraid they are all 'no.' The only woman who does illicit 'yes' answers would be Tysha.

So were Tyrion and Tysha.

I'm sorry, I don't get this. How is Tyrion like anything Sansa wants? He is kind, and that's it. She doesn't care for wit. The only physical aspects she really wants are "tall and strong" (ASoS MMPB 386). Tyrion wants someone more fun-loving, like the way he and Tysha ate the witnesses to their wedding, and fell into bed laughing, and joked about their names being similar. Sansa, as much as I love her, isn't very funny. So I don't think they have similar ideas for a perfect partner at all.

Tyrion wants Wintefell and everything that goes with her, I mean and her body, but he, I think that I said that very good:Tyron wants Sansa, he wants her to love him, and talk with her, comfort her, help her, make her happy,he wants her, Sansa Stark, princess of North, daughter of Catelyn and Eddard, a kind and romantic person for his wife.

He goes forward to Tysha becaouse, he is frustrated, and Tysha comfort him, make him to feel hapy, even for a little time. And ofcourse Tyrion knows that she just acting, and he wanted a true lady who love him for hiself, for his wife, as Sansa wanted a true knight who love her for herself.

He said that she dont need more songs becaouse he think that it would be just swinging a knife already in her belly. He only wanted to protect her.

I think that he dont wanted that she be TYSHA REDUX BECOUSE HE THINKS THAT TYSHA WAS A WHORE WHO CHEATED HIM!!!! He wants her, I already said that. Tyrion is not a guy that makes his womens on higher piedestal. And I dont remember any part of his thinking when he put Sansa on one side and Tysha on other, and think which of them is better.

You get the most worse marriage in sereiese to show him. Tyrion believe in marriage, and so Sansa. And there is a bunch of happy marriage in ASOIAF, like Ned&Cat... And do you think that Tyrion was happy for what his first marriage end on that way.

They dont make any interesting conversations for that Sansa, was said something, and then when he bite and wanted to talk,she turns back and end all talking. And she done that becouse she was afraid that he will betray her, he was a Lannister, and they are not to trust. She dont hate the Tyrion, truth, buth she appriciate him and afraid of him.

I think that Sansa already begun to look on soul and mind and not to body. Joffrey was good looking, he was rutles and hit her, Mandon Moore, and other, punch her to, Harry is a knight from a fairytale but he has two bastard daughters and many misreable girls whom he destroy life. On the other hand here is Tyrn who save her, and be kin to her only one in whole King Landing, there is Sandor who always tell her a truth and warn her to stay out the trouble.

And there is Robert, who is just a kid, ugly, and sick, but he is good in his soul. Here is LF, who is kind to her even he dont have good plans for her.

And I think that you all who said that Sandor is Sexy think again. He is tall and strong but when he come to you stinking, and drunk, with his burned face and traiting to you how he could rape you you would be so scared that you run away. Sandor is maybe deeply in his soul tru knight, but in reality hi is a ruttles, bully warrior, wgho only care to kill his brother.

Archived