The Seasons of Love of Jon Snow

Gendarrion

I apologize if this have been discussed before. 
This is about the Myrish song called The Seasons of love, there are only 3 verses known and based on here, orders of each verse is not known, but we can find it out by looking at the women Jon Snow will/might love.

She could hear (...) the faint chords of some love song drifting up from the yard, so sad and sweet. “I loved a maid as red as autumn,” Rymund sang, “with sunset in her hair.” (Catelyn VII, ACOK)

This got to be Ygritte for her redhair, the first woman Jon fell in love with.

Is this the Cersei that Jaime sees? When she smiled, you saw how beautiful she was, truly. I loved a maid as fair as summer, with sunlight in her hair. (Tyrion VI, ACOK)

There's a blond girl in the Wall right now that Jon is attracted to, Val. I think she got a bigger part to play for Jon resurrection, might become his second lover as well, there's also the quote "Ghost emerged from between two trees, with Val beside him. They look as though they belong togetherwhich can back this up, although this might mean she'll have to die to complete the third part of the verse.

I loved a maid as white as winter with moonglow in her hair.

I'm not sure about the color of Moonglow, but I assume it's silver hair, and she might become the third part of the verse, Daenerys.
there's a few quotes in the book that might support this.

"A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness… . mother of dragons, bride of fire", 

"The light of the half-moon turned Vals honey-blond hair a pale silver and left her cheeks as white as snow. She took a deep breath. The air tastes sweet."

"Lying abed in her narrow bunk, she found herself wondering how it would be to have a man squeezed in beside her in place of her handmaid, and the thought was more exciting than it should have been. Sometimes she would close her eyes and dream of him, but it was never Jorah Mormont she dreamed of; her lover was always younger and more comely, though his face remained a shifting shadow."

“A crown should not sit easy on the head. One of her royal forebears had said that, once. Some Aegon, but which one? Five Aegons had ruled the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, There would have been a sixth, but the Usurper’s dogs had murdered her brother’s son when he was still a babe at the breast. If he had lived, I might have married him. "

"Jon wondered where Ghost was now. Had he gone to Castle Black, or was he was running with some wolfpack in the woods? He had no sense of the direwolf, not even in his dreams. It made him feel as if part of himself had been cut off. Even with Ygritte sleeping beside him, he felt alone."

"Beneath her coverlets she tossed and turned, dreaming that Hizdahr was kissing her … but his lips were blue and bruised, and when he thrust himself inside her, his manhood was cold as ice. She sat up with her hair disheveled and the bedclothes atangle. Her captain slept beside her, yet she was alone."

The song is said to be sad even though there's no sad part in the verses we know of, which makes me think that the sad part is yet to come. 

What do you guys think?

I assume Daenerys Targaryen might take on Jon Snow as a lover but she will burn him for treason if the prophecy plays true.  The "fires" in the prophecy are execution events as well as a sacrificial offerings of the guilty to buy a miracle.  Jon Snow, the melting of the ice, should be sacrificed to the flames because he has a track record of treason that started when he ran away from the wall during Robb's war with the Lannisters.

The song's verses seem to apply to more than just Jon Snow and his loves. There was some interesting discussion in this thread about Jaime moving on from Cersei to Brienne and Tyrion moving on from Tysha to Shae.

I've also seen someone make the point that Catelyn's hair changes over the course of her life / death, similar to the changing colors in the song. Since we know that Ned loves her hair, the changing colors might be worth considering.

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2019 at 1:03 PM, Gendarrion said:

This is about the Myrish song called The Seasons of love, there are only 3 verses known and based on here, orders of each verse is not known, but we can find it out by looking at the women Jon Snow will/might love.

There's a blond girl in the Wall right now that Jon is attracted to, Val. I think she got a bigger part to play for Jon resurrection, might become his second lover as well, there's also the quote "Ghost emerged from between two trees, with Val beside him. They look as though they belong togetherwhich can back this up, although this might mean she'll have to die to complete the third part of the verse.

I'm not sure about the color of Moonglow, but I assume it's silver hair, and she might become the third part of the verse, Daenerys.

"A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness… . mother of dragons, bride of fire", 

"The light of the half-moon turned Vals honey-blond hair a pale silver and left her cheeks as white as snow. She took a deep breath. The air tastes sweet."

"Lying abed in her narrow bunk, she found herself wondering how it would be to have a man squeezed in beside her in place of her handmaid, and the thought was more exciting than it should have been. Sometimes she would close her eyes and dream of him, but it was never Jorah Mormont she dreamed of; her lover was always younger and more comely, though his face remained a shifting shadow."

“A crown should not sit easy on the head. One of her royal forebears had said that, once. Some Aegon, but which one? Five Aegons had ruled the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, There would have been a sixth, but the Usurper’s dogs had murdered her brother’s son when he was still a babe at the breast. If he had lived, I might have married him. "

"Jon wondered where Ghost was now. Had he gone to Castle Black, or was he was running with some wolfpack in the woods? He had no sense of the direwolf, not even in his dreams. It made him feel as if part of himself had been cut off. Even with Ygritte sleeping beside him, he felt alone."

"Beneath her coverlets she tossed and turned, dreaming that Hizdahr was kissing her … but his lips were blue and bruised, and when he thrust himself inside her, his manhood was cold as ice. She sat up with her hair disheveled and the bedclothes atangle. Her captain slept beside her, yet she was alone."

The song is said to be sad even though there's no sad part in the verses we know of, which makes me think that the sad part is yet to come. 

What do you guys think?

Interesting! I would love to see it in the books

On 5/3/2019 at 7:03 AM, Gendarrion said:

What do you guys think?

You might find this old thread interesting...

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/143267-the-maiden-fair-and-the-fair-maid-heigh-ho-hey-nonny-hey-sigh-no-more-ladies/

Especially here...

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/143267-the-maiden-fair-and-the-fair-maid-heigh-ho-hey-nonny-hey-sigh-no-more-ladies/&do=findComment&comment=7740379

Or not. 

Archived