The characters clothes and costumes[Rant]

BlueNightzx

People keep saying "the production values were very good, just the writing that was bad" i disagree, for example, the costumes of the characters, since when everyone decided to wear black leather around westeros? its not even snowing in kings landing to justify it

before, the place of origin of the character, his culture would reflect on his choice of clothes, the lannisters used very elaborated, yes, but still firmly rooted on european like court doublets and dresses, maergery and the tyrells looked like they came from france, the lannisters from england, and so on, you could see the difference between the court in kings landing and in the Vale.

Dany that was raised in Essos used very strong colors and different cuts for her dresses, mixed pants with her dresses and so on.

and then suddenly, cersei is using metal shoulder pads, and chains around her, WTF? 
it looks like they're all going to some medieval rock concert.

and those costumes look so fantasy-like, like something you expect to see on Narnia, don't get me wrong, i can see that a lot of work was put on them, they're not low quality, but they don't fit, they look boring and cheesy, it makes the world look smalls.

it don't fit even if dany wanted to dress like a Targ, where are the reds? dany always flaunted her beauty, why would she stays behind layers and layers of formless black leather with no details? She does not look like a warrior queen or even like a targ princess, she just look like generic fantasy chick #3025

from all people, jon snow costumes were the best ones, because they're just simple stark armors and boiled leather.

well, thats it.

I have intensely disliked the costumes for several years.  All the women's outfits are extremely unflattering.  So So much black on everyone.  And those hideous padded shoulders?  Why?  And those god awful braided wigs on Emilia?  Why? 

Archived