Which Character(s) or House was ruined the most by GOT?

terloublag

Bottom grade definitely goes to House Martell; everything about that was not just disrespectful to the characters but the actors themselves. House Martell getting shafted, combined with whatever the actual reasoning was for Natalie Dormer requesting to be written off, also meant losing a large amount of what could have been fantastic storytelling on the clashes/alliances that might occur between those two houses when the Sand Snakes come to King's Landing.

I don't have a lot to say about the innovations the showrunners made to the original text, but the expansion of Margaery's role to take advantage of Dormer's strengths and prior work was one of the major highlights of the series for me. While they gave her a fine enough send off, I can't help but be bitter by the lost potential of a political landscape where a collaborative female power is portrayed comprehensively, instead of the almost uniform presentation of all the front runners as actually hating or being debilitatingly suspicious of other women. While the latter is certainly a rule under patriarchy, the Tyrells and (especially) the Martells have largely escaped that umbrella as the ostensibly ~queer/feminist houses and cultures, but never really have the opportunity to evolve beyond the role of side players with power that waxes and wanes inexplicably throughout the series at the whim of the main plot.

Archived