The Brotherhood Without Banners, Lady Stonehart, and Objectives

Lady Rhodes

22 hours ago, Lady Rhodes said:

Out of curiosity, why?

The nw guy he killed never sat well with me. Idk, I thought he was kind of a jerk, and judgmental while hes uo on his high horse. His wifes all that too lol, but that whole "shoulda been you" act was at least pretty interesting. 

I guess I found Eddard boring, and progressively continued to dislike him throughout agot as he blunders the realm and his childrens future. (Thats about it though when it comes to pov characters, I immediately, and still, took a shine to the Stark kids, Dany and of course, the Imp

21 hours ago, zandru said:

Well, Catelyn would have just showed Tywin, Roose Bolton, and Walder Frey that there was no cost to making war, to mass slaughter at the dinner table, to treachery. Robb couldn't just say "Okay, fine" and walk back to Occupied Winterfell. At the very least, some kind of settlement had to be arranged to end the war, not total abdication

Oh. I thought you meant Robbs coronation, when Cat wanted to sue after WW.

Yea, after the RW Cat was not wise nor mature, just a desperate mother pleading for her sons life

And that settlement would include the disposition of Ser Jaime of the Kingsguard, whom Tywin is all hot to make his heir, since Cersei is a woman, and also incompetent and temperamentally unsuited to rule Casterly Rock, and Tyrion is a misshapen little monkey demon (in Tywin's view; don't accuse me of dwarfophobia).

It wasnt until recently that all KG serve for life, and after Selmy only Tywin brought up KG not serving for life after. 

Tyrion was never publicly/formally disinherited like Sansa was, so to the outside world Tyrion was heir of CR

A settlement would also have a guarantee of the return of Sansa, probably some kind of mediated exchange of her and Jaime.

Well thats pretty much the one thing Robb and Tyrion agreed on

I disagree with "Sansa is the north"; that sentence makes no sense to me at all

Shes an heir of Winterfell, soon to be the heir. Shes priceless for Robbs cause, and his enemies

The settlement need  also include territorial concessions, reparations, and the like. 

Boarders come and go. All of those stuff listed is bullshit filibustering, so the kings dont have to give up their human prize

But in her Myopic Momminess, Catelyn would skip all of that.

Id say its in her political intrigue, and good riddance

She was under a lot of stress, with Ned dead, her father also, two of her sons murdered by Theon, and Robb going out into battle.

And she still made the correct decision

It's too bad she didn't  have a confidante, someone who would give good council, recognize how distraught she was, and steer her towards other options.

Thank the 7

Archived