Covid-19 #16: Not Waving, Loop-de-Looping

Zorral

55 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

I don't think it was a mistake.  It was a deliberate attempt to mislead the public, particularly the Republican base during a prime time moment, about the state of their SARS-COV-2 response.  Hey, look at this fantastic drug that we just made available to the general public!  Everything is going great!  Then when called out, we get a tiny, obscure, apology on Twitter by one of the lower profile officials, which hardly anyone is going to see.  I doubt the conservative media is giving the mistake and apology much coverage, if any at all.

I think there's a reasonable chance that if the preliminary data from one or more of the vaccines looks promising, we are going to see something similar.  Prime time misleading announcement by Trump and other officials that the vaccine works, even though the stage 3 trials aren't complete, and potentially an emergency authorization before the election in November.  

All of this is highly irresponsible, but just par for the course for this administration.

Don't forget the miracle Russian vaccine - I doubt we've seen the last of that BS either.

Archived