Am I the only one disturbed by how motherly Dany is to her dragons?

Alyn Oakenfist

45 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Daeron would really want a word with that

He's a deserter and an oathbreaker. You seem so hellbent on no excuses and yet give this guy a pass? If it were Jon or Robb, Daeron would be headless without another word. Robb or Jon would not bat eye, stone cold as you put it and neither called a psychopath (Terms reserved for people that look like Dany and Arya). But Arya in her mind, perhaps wrongly, thinks she's the only Stark left who can serve this Northern justice. It didn't come from a pure desire to kill for any enjoyment or fun. She thought, again perhaps wrongly, that it was her duty to set this right. 

Are you going to bring up Raff and proven gang rapist and murderer? Imagine being warped enough to not want to see someone like Raff or Joffery ...etc dead.  

Again... dodging the main point that you don't seem to have an answer for... Arya does not fit the "psychopath" mold despite how desperately you want her to. Sorry. :dunno:

Just now, MissM said:

He's a deserter and an oathbreaker. You seem so hellbent on no excuses and yet give this guy a pass? If it were Jon or Robb, Daeron would be headless without another word. Robb or Jon would not bat eye, stone cold as you put it. But Arya in her mind, perhaps wrongly, thinks she's the only Stark left who can serve this Northern justice. It didn't come from a pure desire to kill for any enjoyment or fun. She thought, again perhaps wrongly, that it was her duty to set this right. 

Are you going to bring up Raff and proven gang rapist and murderer? Imagine being warped enough to not want to see someone like Raff or Joffery ...etc dead.  

I'm not excusing those buggers. Maybe Daeron. But here's the thing. While they were pieces of shit, she still murdered them. One of the main points of the story is that vengence is not justice. And Arya is murdering countless people, that is a fact

1 minute ago, TheLastWolf said:

Lot of people (warmongering deserting bastards) = innocent kids????!!!! 

So in a way I agree. As I stated, the compassion between Dany and Arya is there, and it really doesn't help Dany out. That being said, Arya is clearly the most vicious of them and don't tell me the wolves only eat soldiers

Just now, TheLastWolf said:

I'm pretty sure unfair medieval nukes a.k.a Dragons aren't in the top 10 popular pets of America 

Yup. Those buggers are deranged killing machines and Dany treats them at best as kittens who occasionally kill a mouse

4 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

don't tell me the wolves only eat soldiers

Who else are left in the riverlands except deserters and outlaws and broken men and men who hunt them?

Fathers, brothers and sons dead in war. Sisters mothers and daughters raped and killed. Kids, unspeakable. 

6 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:
8 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

And Arya is murdering countless people, that is a fact

:lmao::thumbsup::bs::dunno::bang:

She did. She is controlling Nymeria as she kills all those people. Or at least motivated her at a subconscious level. Hard to say, but it is clear that Nymeria is acting the way she does due to her, making Arya responsible for all those the wolfpack kill

4 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Put it this way, would Arya nowadays get life in prison without parole for what she did? Vengeance is still murder

This is Westeros. Most of what they do deserve the chair, or injection or hanging. But in our world. Not theirs. Medieval isn't 21st century 

1 minute ago, TheLastWolf said:
1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I dunno, all the smallfolk that inhabited them before and are still there?

Read full post mate

I did. No way their all dead. Most are still alive if battered. And there's no way the wolves don't occasionally munch on them

Just now, TheLastWolf said:

This is Westeros. Most of what they do deserve the chair, or injection or hanging. But in our world. Not theirs. Medieval isn't 21st century

Fair enough. But in Westeros it's still messed up and she'd hang normally in there

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

She did. She is controlling Nymeria as she kills all those people. Or at least motivated her at a subconscious level. Hard to say, but it is clear that Nymeria is acting the way she does due to her, making Arya responsible for all those the wolfpack kill

You have a vivid imagination... 

48 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I'm not excusing those buggers. Maybe Daeron. But here's the thing. While they were pieces of shit, she still murdered them. One of the main points of the story is that vengence is not justice. And Arya is murdering countless people, that is a fact

Nah it feels like you low-key feel some type of way for these poor innocent :bowdown:"victims" like Raff, The Tickler or Weese. Perhaps you should have a word with the people THEY raped and killed. The buggers have you and a strong contingent of Targ sycophants fighting their corner and moaning about their lost "justice". 

Again how does that make her a psychopath? It seems to very be evident this is a story arc that will resolve with her understanding the difference. Something I'm sure you're hoping and praying won't happen. But the narrative suggests she has no place with the FM and they will continue to clash until she leaves them. 

Her empathy puts your psychopath cheerleading to bed. Hopefully, you'll get to see her gain understanding by letting her need for vengeance go. Let GRRM finish his story first. 

5 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:
8 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

don't tell me the wolves only eat soldiers

Who else are left in the riverlands except deserters and outlaws and broken me and men who hunt them?

Also, are you saying all those soldiers deserve to die? Hell most are conscripted. As for the broken men, have you even read AFFC? There's 2 full pages dedicated on why those deserve pity more then anything else

Archived