The Rebels. Targets of divine retribution.

Moiraine Sedai

4 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

Would the Faith see wars as larger Trials of 7 ? 

Or a person/house who wins a war has support of gods when a person/house who loses that is wrong.

It's an interesting question, after all, wars are large scales trials by combat, and the nonsensical notion that trials by combat represent justice is, at least to mee, an obvious commentary on war.

I think it depends on the practitioner of the Faith and the results of the battle. For example, should Stanis win, no sane High Septon would proclame it the will of the gods, but maybe some small potatoes Septon would think it so either way.

Edit: I think a similar thing would happen in an actual trial by combat tho, for example, had Oberyn won and Cersei discovered his use of poison, she would have tried very hard to declare the trial void or something. If Cersei uses Ser Strong and beats the Faith, I wouldn't be surprised if the High Sparrow declares it void for the use of an unholy monster.

The leaders of Robert's Rebellion made their own bed and are now on that bed.  It is a tragedy of their own making.  Robert and his friends lacked the competence of the Targaryen Dynasty.  His reign started on a bad note, the assassination of King Aerys and Rhaegar's children.  I suppose justice is being served if there is such a thing as fair in this world.  The unfortunate thing is not what is happening to the Baratheons, Tullys, Arryns, and Starks.  They made their own beds.  It's just too bad for the people and the lower nobility who must suffer for what they did.

32 minutes ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

Robert and his friends lacked the competence of the Targaryen Dynasty.

Hahahaha

Wait you serious?

The competence of the Targaryen dynasty? You do know who was King when Robert's Rebellion happened, right?

33 minutes ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

His reign started on a bad note, the assassination of King Aerys

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

• 2 months later...

Archived