yet another f/Aegon theory

hnv

Not sure if this was ever suggested but:

Selmy notes Ashara Dayne had a stillborn child by possibly Ned.

Maybe f/Aegon was that child. It could explain the resemblance in Targaryen features. And if R+L=J and L had Ned swear to take Jon in before he made it to Starfall he could hardly bring another bastard home with him. 

On 11/16/2022 at 5:10 PM, hnv said:

Not sure if this was ever suggested but:

Selmy notes Ashara Dayne had a stillborn child by possibly Ned.

Maybe f/Aegon was that child. It could explain the resemblance in Targaryen features. And if R+L=J and L had Ned swear to take Jon in before he made it to Starfall he could hardly bring another bastard home with him. 

yeah , I've seen this theory . but even if Aegon is Ashara and Ned's child , Ned wouldn't know about him . knowing Ned , no matter the difficulties , he finds a way to keep in touch with his son and do his duty . 

I personally think Aegon is really Aegon Targaryen . in this theory:

1. Varys and Illyrio were already in child trafficking business and utilizing them to their own ends wouldn't come as a surprise. I think Varys saw an opportunity in the mad king and in becoming the real power . later, he saw the same with a dying Targaryen dynasty with only children to continue the line. he and Illyrio probably would have gotten Rhaenys too if she hadn't run towards her father's chambers . I don't believe they had any specific plan to restore Targaryen dynasty the way Viserys or JonCon think . but that they kept Aegon just in case and later thought Viserys and Daenerys could be used in their own ways too . 

2. JonCon looks at Aegon and it's implied that he pretty much resembles Rhaegar , except for his lighter eyes that Jon notes . it would be pretty difficult to find a newborn of right age who would grow up with certain family features . for example , Aurone Waters ,who is a Velaryon and has kinship to Targaryens, hardly looks a Targaryen in Cersei's mind , despite the fact that unlike Jon she had met Rhaegar only occasionally and it would be easier for her to see the next handsome silver haired boy as a mini-Rhaegar .

3. I think Ashara is lady Lemore . Daynes must have something more than a sword to be thankful of Ned . Ned's the guy who's killed their sword of the morning and their daughter might have just had his bastard . they wouldn't name the next heir Ned because of their ancestral sword , no matter how valuable of heirloom it is . maybe , Varys had delivered Aegon to lady Ashara and Ned just arrives before Ashara leaves for Essos or decides whether she should do something else . if Ned realizes that Daynes have Aegon , he could easily turn them in to Robert and have their wealth and station ripped from them if nothing more , not to mention what Robert might do to "dragonspawn" Aegon and lady Ashara for treason! so , Ned offers the offer he gives Cersei . he tells her to take a ship to Essos and in return he would keep his mouth shut . 

12 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

Would Lemore be Ashara, then?  Yes, I think I've seen such ideas before.  I have my own ideas, though, about who (f)Aegon is.

She might, though I think an acute observer like Tyrion would have noted had Lemore had purple eyes. Or JonCon would somehow note this in his chapters, this is after all a big deal and Ashara-as-Lemore could have ridden to Starfall or Sunspear to get Dorne or at least the Daynes and their friends to declare for f/Aegon.

I tend to the notion that Ashara is dead. Lemore might be the Septa the viper spoiled. 

41 minutes ago, hnv said:

She might, though I think an acute observer like Tyrion would have noted had Lemore had purple eyes. Or JonCon would somehow note this in his chapters, this is after all a big deal and Ashara-as-Lemore could have ridden to Starfall or Sunspear to get Dorne or at least the Daynes and their friends to declare for f/Aegon.

I tend to the notion that Ashara is dead. Lemore might be the Septa the viper spoiled. 

I don't think Lemore is Ashara.  But I do think Lemore might possibly have purple eyes.  I don't think Tyrion's failure to notice and/or mention it proves anything one way or the other.

Archived