2008 - Calander thread

Pebble thats Stubby

I agree we should do this.

The main things that caused it not to happen in 2007, in my opinion, were:

1. We started quite early assigning one male and one female to each month, and then had to scramble for replacements when some of the people who originally signed up for a slot dropped out of contact before sending in their pictures.

2. We had trouble with Photobucket downsampling the images so that they were not good enough to qualify for the Kodak site, and discovered the problem too late to get high resolution versions.

If one of us with a lot of web space like me or MG collects whatever pictures anyone wants to send in, either group or individual, and we just have a cutoff date like the end of October at which time we will take whatever pictures we have, and figure out a way to organize them into months, then we should avoid both of those pitfalls.

Seasonally themed pictures are cool, though. So anyone who is into that may want to send in several alternatives for different months. I just don't want it to be a requirement, because it might have such a dampening effect that it makes the calendar not happen again.

Archived