May - The Mountain Goat + Banafsheh

June - Ghost Companion + Idol Worship

July - Dornish Prince + Turinqui-Calima

August - Joanna Nox + Dracarys

September - Ser Lany Cassandra + Quoth

October - Master Baiter + My Lady Ashalind

November - Space Bandito + Blue rose of the North

December - The Pebble that Hides + DJDonegal

ok, of all the pics that have been uploaded, only those in purple are of a high enough quality to work in the calendar.

they need to be 200ppi to not look all pixilated(?)/blury when put into the calendar

I went and checked out the images on the Photobucket account, and that distribution of purple doesn't make sense to me.

Space Bandito's three pictures are only 480 by 640 pixels and 64K file size, which is low resolution.

The two of you and Quoth are 1023 x 617 (132K) and 1023 x 771 (198K). The suited picture from MJS, the bridge picture from Lucky Pierre, the car picture from TC, and the dog picture from 14th Dragon (is that serious?) are all 1024 x 768, at respectively 412K, 449K, 136K, and 394K file size. (The difference in file size is probably due to the quality option in the jpg save. I always use a very high quality setting when saving even though it makes the file size larger.) The one of Kel as a girl by the pool is 1024 x 996 at 269KB. So the highest quality picture should be the bridge one from LP, but the ones of MJS, Kel as a kid by the pool, and 14th Dragon's collie are almost as good, and the picture of TC with the car should be the same quality as the two from you and Quoth.

The others are all low resolution, but not more so than the three of Space Bandito.

Thanks very much for the work you are doing for this, by the way.

I went and checked out the images on the Photobucket account, and that distribution of purple doesn't make sense to me.

Space Bandito's three pictures are only 480 by 640 pixels and 64K file size, which is low resolution.

The two of you and Quoth are 1023 x 617 (132K) and 1023 x 771 (198K). The suited picture from MJS, the bridge picture from Lucky Pierre, the car picture from TC, and the dog picture from 14th Dragon (is that serious?) are all 1024 x 768, at respectively 412K, 449K, 136K, and 394K file size. (The difference in file size is probably due to the quality option in the jpg save. I always use a very high quality setting when saving even though it makes the file size larger.) The one of Kel as a girl by the pool is 1024 x 996 at 269KB. So the highest quality picture should be the bridge one from LP, the ones of MJS, Kel as a kid by the pool, and 14th Dragon's collie are almost as good, and the pictures of TC with the carshould be the same quality as the two from you and Quoth.

The others are all low resolution, but not more so than the three of Space Bandito.

Thanks very much for the work you are doing for this, by the way.

All I know, like I said is that they came up blurry when I loaded them in. SB's said it was "poor quality", but looked fine...the one of Q and I by the fountain looked fine, and was listed as "low quality" the other did not turn out as well. I had to save them all to my computer here at work, so they all would have been saved the same.

Perhaps you understand all that stuff better and would prefer to try it?

Perhaps you understand all that stuff better and would prefer to try it?

When I tried that site you are using for the calendar, it wouldn't work for me. It seems to be incompatible with Safari.

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted a couple pictures I took after work today. Let me know what you guys think.

Btw Lany and Blue, in the pics I'm sans mustache because I was a little careless when shaving this morning and my week-old 'tache ended up a bit lopsided. I'll try growing one again later.

At least we got to see a lot of pictures of each other.

Next year we should just make a calendar out of the high res versions of our naked hatted avatar pictures. :D

that could be interesting if people pair up again...but I guess a park would not be a good place to take the pics ;)

Not sure I would want a High Res NHAW pic of me on a calander.

Ok I know that I am one of the people guilty of not providing a pic, I just haven't been able to get a good one I like thats High Res.

If we go for next year then I suggest people just send in Pics. either in pairs or singuarly. We can allocate months afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...

How about we make a calendar from Denver Pics?

That way we can include GRRM and maybe some other fun people like SSE or Osraven or Xray... and then it's more of a board calendar... and we sell it... pay for the costs of putting it together and then have a contest on who's got the best picture and whoever wins gets the rest of the cash from sales?

Or something.

:rolleyes:

eta: or the funds go into a general BWB Meet fund for the next get together to help fund booze/sodas/chips/etc.

Not sure I would want a High Res NHAW pic of me on a calander.

Ok I know that I am one of the people guilty of not providing a pic, I just haven't been able to get a good one I like thats High Res.

If we go for next year then I suggest people just send in Pics. either in pairs or singuarly. We can allocate months afterwards.

I agree with both suggestions. Denver pics would be cool. And we would have had enough to make a calendar this year if we had just split up the pictures that we had by Dec 1.

Also, don't use Photobucket to submit the pictures!! It down samples the images so that they end up lower res than the originals. We can just email the files to whoever is making the arrangements.

I think we should all send pics to Teri. She can host them high res for us ;)

I intend to send you all at least one decent pic this year. I've made it my new years resolution. - So far I have never suceeded in sticking to a new year resolution maybe this will be the first year......

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Turn Turn Turn

To everything (turn, turn, turn)

There is a season (turn, turn, turn)

And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die

A time to plant, a time to reap

A time to kill, a time to heal

A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything (turn, turn, turn)

There is a season (turn, turn, turn)