Queen Daenerys/King-Consort Willas Tyrell

Rosesaregold

I have this head canon and the chances that it might be true are very slim but here it goes I want to hear your opinions about it. 

I think that in the books Margaery survives the incarceration of the Faith and she will return back to her position as queen. I also believe that she will be pregnant (if she really is that is another matter entirely but I bet the Tyrells find some way to fake it). This gives her and her family enough power to banish Cersei from King’s Landing back to Casterly Rock. The Tyrell family will use their immense food supply to win over the small folk and perhaps the King’s Guard by simply bribing them. Tommen will die probably in ‘‘an accident’’. This leaves a pregnant Margaery as Queen.

Because of the amount of food the small folk gets and the great PR from the Tyrells there will be very little resistance to the new queen. And when Daenerys finally comes to King’s Landing to conquer it and she sees that the people admire Margaery so much she is more willing to negotiate. The Tyrells have fidelity towards the Targaryen and I believe that they are smart enough to remember what happened the last time when the leader from the Reach fought 3 dragons. Therefore I believe they make an agreement. Dany becomes Queen and Margaery will become her handmaiden. Margaery will probably be a confidant of Dany and possibly the future hand of the Queen. Mace (Olenna by proxy) becomes her hand and Willas will become her spouse. Willas as King-Consort makes sense since he is very pragmatic and can run the country in Dany’s name and he is used to women ruling. His own family is ruled by his grandmother. Garlan can take over as the heir to High Garden or they can even crown one of the children of Dany/Willas as heir to the Reach. I don’t believe there will be any in fighting in the Tyrell family.

This will be the best solution for the Tyrells they become the power behind the crown.  

• 2 months later...

Willas is an unknown but he would make a good consort for Daenerys and bring House Tyrell to the Targaryen banner. The Tyrells were loyal to the Targaryens and that loyalty should transfer to Daenerys. Marriage is not the only way to bind the Tyrells. Daenerys could offer Wiilas the Office of Hand of the Queen. Generosity in the form of giving part of the Stormlands to the Tyrells would win their gratitude a second time. 

13 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

Willas is an unknown but he would make a good consort for Daenerys and bring House Tyrell to the Targaryen banner. The Tyrells were loyal to the Targaryens and that loyalty should transfer to Daenerys. Marriage is not the only way to bind the Tyrells. Daenerys could offer Wiilas the Office of Hand of the Queen. Generosity in the form of giving part of the Stormlands to the Tyrells would win their gratitude a second time. 

Its be a good matchup but giving away the stormlands.would cause resentment....allowing them to ratify their take over of all florent lands and then unleahing the redwyne fleet on ghe ironborn would be far better

On 3/27/2023 at 1:41 PM, Rosesaregold said:

I also believe that she will be pregnant (if she really is that is another matter entirely but I bet the Tyrells find some way to fake it).

Tommen is eight. It's just impossible for him to sire a child. The Tyrells would be idiots if they tried to fake it, because no one would believe them and they would become laughing stock.

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

The Reach is far enough in the South to have a chance of surviving through the winter.  It is the North who will starve. 

While I agree that the North will suffer the most from the "Long Night" because of their proximity to the Wall, it is most likely "the North" that will save the southern realms from similar suffering by ending the threat before it gets to them.

Edited by StarkTullies

Willas is what I call a "virtual character." We've read what other characters say or think about him, but we've never actually seen him on the page. Most of what we know about him comes from things that Margaery and Olenna said about him when they were trying to interest Sansa in marrying him, not the most reliable source. I won't be surprised if, when we finally meet him, he turns out to be not as wise or charming as Sansa was told.

On the other hand, the wiki reminded me that he has been mentioned in a few other places throughout the books. So it seems possible that he will show up on the page at some point, possibly in some positive or valuable role.

On 1/29/2024 at 6:33 PM, Aebram said:

Willas is what I call a "virtual character." We've read what other characters say or think about him, but we've never actually seen him on the page. Most of what we know about him comes from things that Margaery and Olenna said about him when they were trying to interest Sansa in marrying him, not the most reliable source. I won't be surprised if, when we finally meet him, he turns out to be not as wise or charming as Sansa was told.

On the other hand, the wiki reminded me that he has been mentioned in a few other places throughout the books. So it seems possible that he will show up on the page at some point, possibly in some positive or valuable role.

The plot points seem to build up the availability of eligible bachelors.  He would be one of them.  I'm thinking he will make his appearance when the time comes.