Could the Song of Ice and Fire be

Referencing The Others, Daenerys, and Jon?

I think most of us are aware of the interview where GRRM confirmed that Dany is the Fire while the Others are Ice.

But could he have been speaking more of Daenerys’ bloodline? And if the the theory that the Starks are related to the Others is true. Then Jon’s bloodline would be of Ice and Fire. And his existance would be the song as it were.

I haven't seen that interview. Can you give us a link?

GRRM has reportedly said that Daenerys is unique and special. So I would be reluctant to assume that he was referring to the entire Targaryen line. But it's hard to say without seeing or hearing his actual words.

2 hours ago, Aebram said:

GRRM has reportedly said that Daenerys is unique and special. So I would be reluctant to assume that he was referring to the entire Targaryen line. But it's hard to say without seeing or hearing his actual words.

Oh I think she is Azor Ahai. I just think the PTWP and Song are different

6 hours ago, Aebram said:

I can’t seem to find it. I’ve heard so many others speak of it, I just took it for truth to be honest. 

I remember this interview, or one such as that. But I can't find it.

From memory: Georges was asked what was the main plot of the Story. He said the story was centered on KL, where different families were fighting for the throne. While they were facing destruction from 2 converging threats, Ice from the North and Fire from the East. And no one was taking care. He named Dany for the Fire threat.

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I remember this interview, or one such as that. But I can't find it.

From memory: Georges was asked what was the main plot of the Story. He said the story was centered on KL, where different families were fighting for the throne. While they were facing destruction from 2 converging threats, Ice from the North and Fire from the East. And no one was taking care. He named Dany for the Fire threat.

He actually called Daenerys “a threat” ?

1 hour ago, King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd said:

He actually called Daenerys “a threat” ?

I'm not sure of the exact words. Ice and Fire were threats of total destruction. Not one to save from the other. And Dany was, as far as I remember, leading the Fire. I would not extrapolate meaning beyond these words. IMO, GRRM meaning was left to interpretation.

5 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I'm not sure of the exact words. Ice and Fire were threats of total destruction. Not one to save from the other. And Dany was, as far as I remember, leading the Fire. I would not extrapolate meaning beyond these words. IMO, GRRM meaning was left to interpretation.

I found it. He does call Fire a threat

Its possible he chose to emphasise just one aspect of the Ice and Fire theme in this interview. Fire is life and Ice is death but both will always exist. Can't have one without the other (or Others).

5 hours ago, Castellan said:

Its possible he chose to emphasise just one aspect of the Ice and Fire theme in this interview. Fire is life and Ice is death but both will always exist. Can't have one without the other (or Others).

As you can imagine, there has been a long thread of the time of this video

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/142632-grrm-talks-about-what-it-means-title-ice-and-fire/#comments