7 or 8 Kingdoms, more Lord Paramounts

Well, it would be the Neck, and House Reed basically is Lord Paramount of that region already, in all but name.

I'm sure Dustin and Ryswell will compete for overlordship of the Rills. 

As for other regions...

Both the Stormlands and Reach will have to appoint a Lord Paramount of the Dornish Marches, since they each have half. I imagine Tarly would take that title in the Reach, while the Stormlands half would go to either House Caron or House Swann.

I could probably come up with other examples, but it's late where I am.

Highgarden has good access along the Mander, but its a fairly large region with less easy access to its south. Redwyne could paramont the southern Reach portion of the reach as a sea power, or Hightower, for that matter. Both are powerful enough to.

Maybe house Valeryion or Celtigar could run from blackwater bay, through crackclaw point up to gulltown and runestone, if were willing to cross kingdoms. the Arryns are up in the mountains after all.

On 3/29/2024 at 1:14 AM, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Well, it would be the Neck, and House Reed basically is Lord Paramount of that region already, in all but name.

I'm sure Dustin and Ryswell will compete for overlordship of the Rills. 

As for other regions...

Both the Stormlands and Reach will have to appoint a Lord Paramount of the Dornish Marches, since they each have half. I imagine Tarly would take that title in the Reach, while the Stormlands half would go to either House Caron or House Swann.

I could probably come up with other examples, but it's late where I am.

Do you think Flints Finger would be sworn to House Reed as Lord Paramount or not?

On 4/1/2024 at 2:56 PM, KingoftheRiversandtheHills said:

Do you think Flints Finger would be sworn to House Reed as Lord Paramount or not?

No, they'd be sworn to whoever controls the Rills, be they Dustin or Ryswell. 

Sorry, I confused my Flints for a second.

Edited by Floki of the Ironborn

On 3/29/2024 at 1:14 AM, Floki of the Ironborn said:

I'm sure Dustin and Ryswell will compete for overlordship of the Rills

The Dustins have no claim over the Rills, they have claim over the Barrowlands. Also, I don think the Ryswell's have such a good claim over the Rills to be made lord paramounts to it, even if the Rills are a big enough piece of land to warrant it. The Ryswell's only became lords after House Ryder died. It is unclear how they died, but it is implied that it was after they rebelled against Theon Stark.

5 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

No, they'd be sworn to whoever controls the Rills, be they Dustin or Ryswell. 

Why would they be sworn to those houses? Their lands are too far apart. 

On 4/7/2024 at 10:36 PM, KingoftheRiversandtheHills said:

The Dustins have no claim over the Rills, they have claim over the Barrowlands. Also, I don think the Ryswell's have such a good claim over the Rills to be made lord paramounts to it, even if the Rills are a big enough piece of land to warrant it. The Ryswell's only became lords after House Ryder died. It is unclear how they died, but it is implied that it was after they rebelled against Theon Stark.

Why would they be sworn to those houses? Their lands are too far apart. 

Touché