BWB - Northwest?

I could not find anything after searching, but was wondering if there were any board members who would be interested in doing a meet-up?

I'm located in Portland, and we definitely have no shortage of excellent bars, my personal favorite being the Horse Brass...anyone interested?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Arbor Gold called from a pay phone on Bourbon St. to say that if all goes according to plan, and she can earn enough in tips, she will be in Portland 6 May for one night only, special engagement.

specifically:

NW crew needs help and I will be available for one night only to lend my expertise. It's a lame night and I understeand if noone can entertain me

ah, her e mail is [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

portland here as well.

i know the thread is old by now.

the horse brass is a good drinking establishment something like 50 beers on tap and many scotch and whiskey selections.

also we have more then a few strip clubs.

the reason for a meet-up here is more and more urgent.

Way to bring it, Northwesterners! :(

Doh! Sorry. :( My promise to check back here more often is fail.

the reason for a meet-up here is more and more urgent.

I concur. We should organize a meetup. :) Maybe early July?

Alright, I'm going to put this out there:

I work a typical 8-5, Monday - Friday schedule, so weekends are definitely preferable to me (especially if we're going to be utilizing the beer selection of the HB), but depending on everyone else's availability, I'd be able to make an evening meet-up, as well. I'll tenatively say:

Where: Horse Brass

Who: me, Trisk (if you haven't moved yet), CoolLesterSmooth, Veira, MercenaryChef

When: July 12th, 7 pm

All of these are open to revision, the 12th was the nearest weekend I will definitely be in town.

I can also meet this weekend on Saturday night (June 14th), if anyone wants to meet then, PM me, but thought it was early notice. post here with any other suggestions. Not that I have to be involved, but I thought we need to start nailing down plans...

ETA: clarity in saying I can meet this weekend if no one has plans

July 12 works for me. This weekend there's a very good chance I'll be holed up at home playing MGS4. If not, my plans for Sat. are up in the air.

Harlot~ Why'd you leave? :{

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot make it on July 12. I'm flying back from Florida that day and won't be getting in until late. Of course it's the only weekend I'll definitely be out of town the whole summer.

I'm free the rest of the summer for a meet up though.

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the word, folks? Are we still on for Saturday? :cheers:

If y'all want to reschedule for a time when everyone can make it, that's fine by me, so long as it isn't between July 23-27.

I just sent out the invites: I was remiss in not sending them out earlier. I will still be there, drinking alone if need be, and all the details should be in your invites. First round is on me.

PM me if you have any questions, and of course if you want to bring anyone else, you are fully welcome. But my first round offer only applies to board members. :)

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the double post.

Also, sorry this is so last minute, but my roommate & I have decided to host an ASOIAF read-along at our house tomorrow night. Basically, a handful of peeps are coming over and we're going to do an out-loud reading, starting with AGOT. We don't yet know how characters will be divvied up, but there will be beer so it will undoubtedly work out somehow.

Anyone in the Portland area is welcome. Just send me an IM or email me (veiravx at gmail dot com) for more info and directions. :) We live in Northeast.

Sorry for the double post.

Also, sorry this is so last minute, but my roommate & I have decided to host an ASOIAF read-along at our house tomorrow night. Basically, a handful of peeps are coming over and we're going to do an out-loud reading, starting with AGOT. We don't yet know how characters will be divvied up, but there will be beer so it will undoubtedly work out somehow.

Anyone in the Portland area is welcome. Just send me an IM or email me (veiravx at gmail dot com) for more info and directions. :) We live in Northeast.

Shit. I saw this too late. I live in NE as well. I'd love to know next time you are doing something like this.

Archived